Marvel Super Heroes: Lone Wolves

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Spidey's going night-night...

Getting run over by Rhino is never fun. Spider-Man tries to cling to consciousness but fails...

Endurance roll=26 (White)
I'm going to lasso Spider-Man and try and pull him up to the third story, I'll break a window if I have to place him inside. "Come on Webby, time to wake up!" he yells as he does this as quickly as he can.

(Roll: 72)
Moon Knight manages to snare the unconscious Spider-Man with no time to lose, for the charging Rhino cone barreling back in Spider-Man's direction to finish his foe. Moon Knight is able to tug Spider-Man out of the way and pull him up, causing Rhino to continue down the street until he smashes into a parked Ford Econoline, totaling the van and knocking it onto the sidewalk where pedestrian onlookers scatter to avoid flying metal and glass debris.

Moon Knight can break the window next round if he still wants to. Spider-Man will be unconscious for another 4 rounds.
As Daredevil and Dagger nearly collide in the doorway, a young woman appears behind Daredevil in the hallway. She's about 5'7" and in excellent physical condition and carries a small satchel by a strap slung over her left shoulder. (Daredevil recognizes her as the woman he interrupted in the restroom only a few moments ago.)

She proffers a felt-tipped marker and a small spiral-bound book to Daredevil and says, "You surprised me but I'm glad you're still here! I've followed you in the Bugle for years! Won't you sign my autograph book? You're so much better than that horrid Spider-Man!"

Looking past Daredevil she observes Dagger and asks, "Are you his new partner? I like your outfit much better than that awful Black Widow's. What's up with all these creepy spider-people anyway? Are they...mutants?"

Moon Knight's concern for Spider-man and innocents is notable, but he is wise enough to know that someone who dropped that many stories are not someone he can tangle with alone. So he's breaking the window and getting Spider-Man out of the way before seeing if he can find a solution to the Rhino along the street (something to drop on him like a wrecking ball, or girders...)

With a smile and some confusion DD signs 'DD' for the woman.

Spider-Man dreams of Mary Jane in the low-cut dress she wore to the Daily Bugle Christmas party.

As Daredevil signs the autograph, Dagger studies the woman, just im case there is anything unusual about her... and if she bears any similarity to White Rabbit, who just recently escaped notice.

Intuition roll = 77

With a smile and some confusion DD signs 'DD' for the woman.
As Daredevil signs the autograph, Dagger studies the woman, just im case there is anything unusual about her... and if she bears any similarity to White Rabbit, who just recently escaped notice.
As Daredevil takes the pen and begins to sign the autograph book, the end of the pen facing him erupts with a jet of greenish-hued gas which quickly forms a cloud around the superheroes. The woman giggles and runs down the hall to the far door. Dagger feels the woman might well be White Rabbit in disguise.

Dagger and Daredevil should both make Endurance rolls and report the resulting color so we can determine the effects of the gas on each of you. Also, just in case you are able to resist the gas, post what you would do next.
Moon Knight's concern for Spider-man and innocents is notable, but he is wise enough to know that someone who dropped that many stories are not someone he can tangle with alone. So he's breaking the window and getting Spider-Man out of the way before seeing if he can find a solution to the Rhino along the street (something to drop on him like a wrecking ball, or girders...)
Spider-Man dreams of Mary Jane in the low-cut dress she wore to the Daily Bugle Christmas party.
Moon Knight is able to find an unlatched window where he can deposit Spider-Man in an apparently unoccupied luxury apartment. You hear Spider-Man mumble something incoherent about redheads and cleavage. Unfortunately there are no construction sites in the vicinity and thus no wrecking balls or steel girders with which to try to apprehend Rhino. But, depending on your perspective, the good/bad news is that Rhino brushes himself off continues charging down the street away from the scene of the crime.

Spider-Man will be unconscious for another 3 rounds.

Last edited:
Moon Knight will try and aid Spider-Man's recovery, not being a doctor that means checking for a head wound (he was a soldier) and broken bones.

Dagger, despite her suspicions, pretty much takes the greenish gas directly in the face. As she coughs and tries to fight off the effects of the gas, she will try to throw a light-dagger at White Rabbit, if possible.

Endurance roll = 39 (green result)

Roll = 57 (Green)

DD throws his club to trip her up as she runs for it.

OOC: Sorry for the delay; I am doing a lot of OT this week and don't want to half-ass the PBP by posting an update without reading everything and making whatever rolls are needed.

Moon Knight will try and aid Spider-Man's recovery, not being a doctor that means checking for a head wound (he was a soldier) and broken bones.
Spider-Man has no apparent broken bones or head wounds. You expect he should be fine aside from lingering pain from soft tissue injuries. He's much stronger and durable than you'd expect for a man his size.

Spider-Man will be unconscious for another 2 rounds.
Roll = 57 (Green)

DD throws his club to trip her up as she runs for it.
Unfortunately Daredevil crumples to the ground while he reaches for his billy club, his consciousness fading even as his olfactories identify the gas as a powerful sedative. The mocking laughter of White Rabbit rings, then dwindles, in your ears. You hope that Dagger was able to stop White Rabbit from getting away, then all goes black.

Daredevil will be unconscious for the next 8 rounds.
Dagger, despite her suspicions, pretty much takes the greenish gas directly in the face. As she coughs and tries to fight off the effects of the gas, she will try to throw a light-dagger at White Rabbit, if possible.

Endurance roll = 39 (green result)
You see Daredevil stumble forward and fall to the ground even as he apparently tries to throw his billy club. Unfortunately Dagger crumples to the ground as well only moments later, unable to keep her eyes open, her consciousness fading fast. The mocking laughter of White Rabbit rings, then dwindles, in your ears. Her last thought before all goes black is that at least there's no pain.

Dagger will be unconscious for the next 4 rounds.

Moon Knight will try and look for a medkit with smelling salts. Intuition: 49 (can't immediatly find my picture of that version of Moon Knight..)

Last edited:
Spider-Man struggles to regain consciousness but the dream of MJ keeps pulling him back under...

Moon Knight snoops around the luxury apartment but is unable to find a medical kit or smelling salts in any of the usual places one might expect them to be. He does, however, find what looks to be a stack of suspicious-looking quarter-gram baggies in a kitchen drawer: maybe cocaine, or some other white powdery substance.

Is there anything else Moon Knight wants to do in the meantime or shall I fast-forward to when Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Dagger regain consciousness? (They will be up and around in 1, 7, and 3 rounds, repsectively.)

Moon Knight will carry Spider-Man to the stairs and start watching for the others and potential enemies.

By the time Moon Knight lugs Spider-Man out of the apartment and to the stairwell, Spider-Man regains consciousness.

Are you two just climbing the stairs to the penthouse? If so, I can update now; if not, I'll wait to see what other trouble you get into while Dagger and Daredevil are still out cold.

Last edited:
OOC: Yep, looking for the two of them, so I can make sure they're alright. If they're upstairs...

"Hey, webhead? Glad you're awake. Think Daredevil and Dagger are upstairs or down? I'm betting on up..but.."

Moon Knight and Spider-Man, after a climb up 180 concrete steps and 15 landings, arrive at the emergency stairwell door at the penthouse level. As they enter the hallway, they find Dagger rubbing her head as if she's suffering from a pounding migraine and Daredevil lying unconscious on the thick, luxurious woolen carpeting.

Daredevil will be up and at 'em in 3 rounds without assistance, or you three can rouse him now.

"Wake up DD, I think something hit you pretty hard." Moon Knight says leaning over to get him face up.

DD groggily regains his senses. Touching his aching head he says 'Whu...where is White Rabbit?'

"As to that, I've no idea, I was trying to keep Webhead from being splattered by Rhino."

Spider-Man squints inside his mask against his aching head. "Thanks MK, but you were just a tad too late. I appreciate you coming to the rescue though. I didn't need Rhino to stomp me anymore than he already had."

"Yeah, I tried, but you were already out by the time I got to you...sorry about that, had a little demon trouble.."

Slowly recovering DD says 'Alright, where are we going next, can't let them run loose and cause more chaos, they're clearly up to no good.'

"Idiot," Dagger mutters to herself, trying to shake the fog out of her head, angry at herself for falling for White Rabbit's disguise.

Slowly recovering DD says 'Alright, where are we going next, can't let them run loose and cause more chaos, they're clearly up to no good.'

"Agreed, but we've got to find them first."

Everyone in the house has been taking turns getting sick this week, but I'm going to try to update all the PBPs tonight and/tomorrow. Sorry for the wait.

Moon Knight, Dagger, and Spider-Man notice that Daredevil abruptly seems distracted.

Inaudible to the others, but plain as day to you, is the sound of a telephone ringing inside the penthouse. Your heightened sense of hearing places it inside the room in which you fought the assortment of supervillains less than half an hour ago.

DD rushes back into the Penthouse.

DD rushes back into the Penthouse.
You locate the ringing phone atop the coffee table near the French doors in the far corner of the room. It has rung twice more in the time it took you to get close enough to answer it. It seems to be an ordinary red rotary-dial phone plugged into a jack in the wall behind a sofa. Your senses detect nothing unusual about the telephone.
rotaryphone.jpeg

I'm not sure if Toric Toric is still around as I know he had some personal/family-type stuff to attend to. If we don't hear what Spider-Man does by tomorrow, I'll just assume he follows the others' lead.

Are Moon Knight and Dagger following Daredevil back inside the penthouse? I'm going to assume Spider-Man does whatever you two do as I believe Toric Toric is indisposed.

You hear heavy breathing at the other end of the telephone, then a somewhat familiar voice*--you're not sure because of the telephonic distortion--asks, "Who is this?"

* If you are so inclined, you can try to identify the voice by concentrating and making a yellow or red Intuition roll.

With a shrug, Dagger sets off after Daredevil, hoping the hero of Hell's Kitchen is on to something.

Moon Knight follows as well, "I wish we had time to track rhino-man down...but I'll take a lead if horns has something," he says aloud and dashes after him "I just hope its not got a bomb behind whatever has him running.."

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back