Marvel United: Multiverse (Season 3) KS about to hit

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'm a huge huge AoA fan. Even knowing it was coming from the leaks did not prepare me for how badass the mini for X-Man would be.

Also, excited that one of the villains from AoA is Dark Beast.

Also also, the mini for Husk and the gameplay for her both sounds fantastic.

It made me laugh that US Agent uses his hero deck as a villain :grin:

They made the Fantastic Four Expansion available again which was cool.

Been pondering how best to store the game with season 3 content. Currently I have 2 big toolboxes for each season and 1 smaller toolbox for special game modes. For the 3rd tool box I could simply add season 3, but I am tempted to have 1 for Villains, 1 for X-Men heroes and 1 for other heroes. Too much of season 3 compliments the previous seasons. That would mean I would always need to take 2 to play the game though :/

A couple of years ago I started putting up shelves in the dining room for game storage because my office was seriously overflowing.

Now I'm having to put things back in the office to store the "big things" because I can't bring myself to get ride of games.

The upside is, I never take my games anywhere, so there's that.

I have a complicated plan for storage... But honestly Even that plan is kind of a "we'll try to figure it out" right now mine takes up 3 Kallax shelves with just the S1 & S2 all ins.

I have a complicated plan for storage... But honestly Even that plan is kind of a "we'll try to figure it out" right now mine takes up 3 Kallax shelves with just the S1 & S2 all ins.
I don't paint my minis and found you can easily store MU mixed together. I generally find this is better for utility to as you can access all the content more easily for each game.

For comparison, here's my MU collection next to my board game Kallaxes.
Untitled.png

20220417_195145.jpg

This is how mine is stored. sort of, it is a bit different now. Most of the S1 KS expansions are stacked behind the S1 KS expansion box I ended up with another copy of the base game box from some stuff, which now has the cardboard villain tiles in it, so I have the S2 Kickstarter box now face up in front of the second shelf to clear room on the furthest left shelf for the base game box with the cardboard villain tiles, the 3d printed thing I have to hold all the plastic tokens, and the two carboard location tiles boxes.

My actual plan though: I have some 3d printed card lanes that I'm going to put in two of the boxes though to hold all the cards (place one of the base game boxes in one of the expansion box lids, then put another expansion box lid on top of it so that the card lanes can go vertical instead of horizontal) to put all the cards in with dividers, then transfer most of the minis to just the two KS boxes outside of things like the sentinels with some 3d printed trays for the minis.

Hopefully I can get it down to 2 card boxes, 2 ks exclusive boxes, and then maybe a couple of extra boxes for like days of future past and infinity guantlet. And maybe build something specific for holding things like the cardboard villain tiles and location tiles and tokens.

Maybe.

(then whatever s3 throws at us >_>)

Civil War expansion is up with two new game modes, both PvP. The first is a race and the second is an assymetrical versus mode.

Pretty impressive how many modes there are now. I can see these being used tournament style as players try and build better teams to face against each other. I can see that being popular.

1674844839926.png

I'm only vaguely interested in the PvP mode, I'm sure I'll try it out, but you know.

That said: Kate Bishop! Wonderman! Tigra! Spectrum! Iron Spider! Hulkling!

Also the new Cap mini is dope looking.

I almost exclusively play solo so, as much as I respect the design space they are utilizing, I won’t get to use it much.

That said, happy about most of the figures (I could have went without ever seeing Iron Spider again).

Yeah, to me it is just a big box of heroes to add to the... god how many heroes does this game have at this point.

The other big announcement for this campaign is a reimplementation of the Sinister Six game mode for Maximum Carnage.

However the big surprise was Sinister Six Assembled which allows you to play this mode with almost any Spider-Man villain. That’s a lot of game replayability.
276BBF7C-84DD-42FF-B324-D55D9EF3FC31.jpeg

Yeah the Sinister Six mode is crazy. Super hyped for that. Think I'll play the original sinister six expansion tomorrow.

Holy deep dives, Batman! We just got High Evolutionary and Jackal. Un-f-ing-believable :grin:

I'm real happy with the character selection, but holy crap the gameplay variety is insane.

The biggest miss for me is Civil War because a) I play primarily solo, b) otherwise, I play with my kid, who hates PvP (he's a sore loser and a sore winner) and c) I pretty well hate the Civil War storyline.

That said, I welcome the heroes in said box with open arms, so...

I see they are using Civil War PvP mode for the Avengers v X-Men campaign deck.

It’s not going to be my favourite game mode for similar reasons, but I respect the design and the gameplay looks like pretty cool. The actual play by Quackalope was a lot of fun, and so different.

I love it, though I would have included Bats, Pizza Dog, & Thori.

Can't have everything though :tongue:

Yeah. Some balancing with pets more prominent in the MCU and those in the comics.

One of my best friends was disappointed we got Goose and not Hairball, but I pointed out that Hairball without Speedball would have been a little odd.

(I would have loved Speedball in the game, mind you.)

This KS is just insane. I can't believe we got Fin Fang Foom :grin:

I am also really happy that we are getting several big SG's toward the end (Knull for War of the Realms) as it hopefully makes a season 4 less likely :smile: I am really struggling to see what a Season 4 looks like to the same extent as this one. We are sitting at 337 minis and counting :ooh:

a488b2f1c733cdcb7e516ea0c5a750e4_original.jpg

I could see the possibility that we get some occasional retail expansions from this point out rather than another kickstarter. but who knows.

I would love to see Marvel United hit retail as it so well designed for it. They have a few expansions now that aren't KS exclusive.

I tried to tell my wife how much I ended up spending on the Kickstarter and she stopped me midsentence and said she didn't want to know. >_>
I am fortunate in that my wife loves Marvel United and kept persuading me out of trying to reduce the pledge.

My wife didn't even ask, but she agreed that since I play it so damn much, it was a no brainer to go all in.

Final SG count (in addition to the pledge items imaged above).

These are all included in the $65 base pledge.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back