Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
I'm planning to make my own game with the components

Tommy Brownell

You're Playing The Game WRONG
Reaction score
Let me know how that goes. Truth be told, I'll be lucky if I have the time to play through all the scenarios.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
Let me know how that goes. Truth be told, I'll be lucky if I have the time to play through all the scenarios.

I'm going to try and get at least the gameboard from Fields of Eternia, which is way more evocative than CMON's generic skirmish hex map...

0000000000.jpg

With most board games these days a third-party seller like x-leaser will offer the gameboards as vinyl matts, so I'm hoping that's an option
(I grabbed their Kingdom Death matt, which is gorgeous)

My intention is to craft it as an area-control game, and use the cmon board for individual "boss fights" taking elements from Advanced HeroQuest, Blood Wars, and the Conan board game.

Armchair Gamer

Defender of the Secrets of Castle Grayskull
Reaction score
I'm going to try and get at least the gameboard from Fields of Eternia, which is way more evocative than CMON's generic skirmish hex map...

Possible DIY alternative: Get the Preternia map poster Mattel did for the Classics line about a decade back and mount it on a poster board, or scan it out of The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
Possible DIY alternative: Get the Preternia map poster Mattel did for the Classics line about a decade back and mount it on a poster board, or scan it out of The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Yeah, could do that as well. The classics line released three maps. While I assume they are now collector's items I couldn't afford, I'm sure I could grab high res images and get my own printed. Though I do like how FoE has it divided into distinct areas already

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
Only thing I'm really hoping is CMON does a version of Teela in her original outfit, which FoE have not done...

Teelacrosssell.png

Necrozius

Legendary Member
Reaction score
... "SEE-MON"?!

Isn't it "Cool Mini or Not"? Is this like GiF vs. JIF?

Tommy Brownell

Reaction score
"See-mon" rather than "C'mon" is very jarring to me, because I used the latter for years, but I'm getting used to it.

Endless Flight

Tea Time
Administrator
Reaction score

View attachment 34725

With most board games these days a third-party seller like x-leaser will offer the gameboards as vinyl matts, so I'm hoping that's an option
(I grabbed their Kingdom Death matt, which is gorgeous)

My intention is to craft it as an area-control game, and use the cmon board for individual "boss fights" taking elements from Advanced HeroQuest, Blood Wars, and the Conan board game.
Where is This Forest?

Endless Flight

Tea Time
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh my lord. I’ll never play it so I wouldn’t buy it just to sit on a shelf.

Tommy Brownell

Reaction score
based on past CMON kickstarters, I'm going to guess $100 for the base game, $4-600 with all the add ons
I'm assuming it'll run close to Marvel United, so about $300-$350. But I will play it, so I'm just waiting to pull the trigger. :wink:

Armchair Gamer

Defender of the Secrets of Castle Grayskull
Reaction score
It's up:
$110 for the base game, $220 for the base + Assault on Castle Grayskull expansion set + exclusive Castle Grayskull.

Faker, King Randor, Buzz-Off, Spikor, and Mekaneck already revealed/unlocked.

Endless Flight

Tea Time
Administrator
Reaction score
So cool but so expensive. The reason I never buy a lot of stuff like this is because I will never use it.

Sloth_in_a_bowl

Reaction score
Where is This Forest?
Just beyond That range of mountains and up The river from An ocean.
If you go south from This forest you get to Another city on the edge of Their desert. In the middle of This forest is Our home which is close to Those hills within which there is A magic ruin.

The geography of Some Things on a Map is quite simple really.

Sloth_in_a_bowl

Reaction score
Like most CMON games it is something that I hope one of my friends will buy so that I can have a go without needing to pay for or store it and given that it is unavailable in Europe then that seems unlikely.

There will be huge profits for people buying additional sets to resell to European's.

Last edited:

Skywalker

Legendary Member
Reaction score
It's up:
$110 for the base game, $220 for the base + Assault on Castle Grayskull expansion set + exclusive Castle Grayskull.

Faker, King Randor, Buzz-Off, Spikor, and Mekaneck already revealed/unlocked.
Wait for the expansion add-ons though. I would expect at least 4 and that would add another $100-150 on to those amount at least for an all-in pledge.

Necrozius

Legendary Member
Reaction score
UGH. I just dumped 200+ Canadian dollars on Zombicide "cowboy" edition.

I'm consoled by the fact that this isn't a fully co-op game, and I limit myself to those due to interest and financial reasons.

Psychopomp

Reaction score
I avoided the Wild West Zombicide because I knew a truckload of Zombicide 2e was already on the way. I'm glad I did, because this keeps getting more tempting.

I'm honestly surprised to see She-Ra appear, though. As far as I knew, that's a separate liscense these days. I guess CMON managed to negotiate both!

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com