Masters of the Universe (by CMON)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'm planning to make my own game with the components

Let me know how that goes. Truth be told, I'll be lucky if I have the time to play through all the scenarios.

Let me know how that goes. Truth be told, I'll be lucky if I have the time to play through all the scenarios.

I'm going to try and get at least the gameboard from Fields of Eternia, which is way more evocative than CMON's generic skirmish hex map...

0000000000.jpg

With most board games these days a third-party seller like x-leaser will offer the gameboards as vinyl matts, so I'm hoping that's an option
(I grabbed their Kingdom Death matt, which is gorgeous)

My intention is to craft it as an area-control game, and use the cmon board for individual "boss fights" taking elements from Advanced HeroQuest, Blood Wars, and the Conan board game.

I'm going to try and get at least the gameboard from Fields of Eternia, which is way more evocative than CMON's generic skirmish hex map...

Possible DIY alternative: Get the Preternia map poster Mattel did for the Classics line about a decade back and mount it on a poster board, or scan it out of The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Possible DIY alternative: Get the Preternia map poster Mattel did for the Classics line about a decade back and mount it on a poster board, or scan it out of The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Yeah, could do that as well. The classics line released three maps. While I assume they are now collector's items I couldn't afford, I'm sure I could grab high res images and get my own printed. Though I do like how FoE has it divided into distinct areas already

Only thing I'm really hoping is CMON does a version of Teela in her original outfit, which FoE have not done...

Teelacrosssell.png

... "SEE-MON"?!

Isn't it "Cool Mini or Not"? Is this like GiF vs. JIF?

... "SEE-MON"?!

Isn't it "Cool Mini or Not"? Is this like GiF vs. JIF?

"Cool Mini or Not" was the original website, the company just goes by "CMON" these days

"See-mon" rather than "C'mon" is very jarring to me, because I used the latter for years, but I'm getting used to it.

View attachment 34725

With most board games these days a third-party seller like x-leaser will offer the gameboards as vinyl matts, so I'm hoping that's an option
(I grabbed their Kingdom Death matt, which is gorgeous)

My intention is to craft it as an area-control game, and use the cmon board for individual "boss fights" taking elements from Advanced HeroQuest, Blood Wars, and the Conan board game.
Where is This Forest?

Oh my lord. I’ll never play it so I wouldn’t buy it just to sit on a shelf.

based on past CMON kickstarters, I'm going to guess $100 for the base game, $4-600 with all the add ons
I'm assuming it'll run close to Marvel United, so about $300-$350. But I will play it, so I'm just waiting to pull the trigger. :wink:

It's up:

$110 for the base game, $220 for the base + Assault on Castle Grayskull expansion set + exclusive Castle Grayskull.

Faker, King Randor, Buzz-Off, Spikor, and Mekaneck already revealed/unlocked.

94f9f31652bca0e261e472cd99688e93_original.jpg

Hits me right in the childhood

So cool but so expensive. The reason I never buy a lot of stuff like this is because I will never use it.

Where is This Forest?
Just beyond That range of mountains and up The river from An ocean.
If you go south from This forest you get to Another city on the edge of Their desert. In the middle of This forest is Our home which is close to Those hills within which there is A magic ruin.

The geography of Some Things on a Map is quite simple really.

Like most CMON games it is something that I hope one of my friends will buy so that I can have a go without needing to pay for or store it and given that it is unavailable in Europe then that seems unlikely.

There will be huge profits for people buying additional sets to resell to European's.

Last edited:
It's up:

$110 for the base game, $220 for the base + Assault on Castle Grayskull expansion set + exclusive Castle Grayskull.

Faker, King Randor, Buzz-Off, Spikor, and Mekaneck already revealed/unlocked.

Wait for the expansion add-ons though. I would expect at least 4 and that would add another $100-150 on to those amount at least for an all-in pledge.

UGH. I just dumped 200+ Canadian dollars on Zombicide "cowboy" edition.

I'm consoled by the fact that this isn't a fully co-op game, and I limit myself to those due to interest and financial reasons.

I avoided the Wild West Zombicide because I knew a truckload of Zombicide 2e was already on the way. I'm glad I did, because this keeps getting more tempting.

I'm honestly surprised to see She-Ra appear, though. As far as I knew, that's a separate liscense these days. I guess CMON managed to negotiate both!

Yay! This is the one I've been waiting for!

unnamed.jpg

The Horde expansion, the Gameplay All-In pledge, and the Even the Extras All-In pledge all dropped today.

The quarterly bonus is coming, so they got me. I went with the for-realsies, even the extras All-In.

Yep, $445 usd is a big chunk, but I can't see going in partways on this one. It's basically fulfilling a childhood dream

Oof yeah I want these minis but I can’t afford this right now. Not to the extent that I’d want it: Horde, She-Ra and Serpent men. I’d HAVE to add those too.

Damn it.

Edit: putting in 1$ and save up for when the pledge manager goes up. Then I can add stuff.

Last edited:
Oof yeah I want these minis but I can’t afford this right now. Not to the extent that I’d want it: Horde, She-Ra and Serpent men. I’d HAVE to add those too.

Damn it.

Edit: putting in 1$ and save up for when the pledge manager goes up. Then I can add stuff.

Yeah, CMON typically has an extra long pledge manager period, so I imagine you've got several months to even half a year

Yeah, CMON typically has an extra long pledge manager period, so I imagine you've got several months to even half a year
That’s how I was able to save up for so much of the latest Zombicide. It’s pretty nice, actually.

did you get the Zombicide Ghostbusters crossover?

View attachment 36228
Sadly no. I missed that :sad:

Really too bad because they’re much nicer than the minis in the official Ghostbusters board game and I would’ve swapped them out.

Any news on the cooperative game mode for MOTU? I admit that’s what sold me on it.

edit: found the update about co-op mode and enemy AI. Update 53

Last edited:
Yeah I’m saving up for base pledge + 3 expansions (She-Ra, Hordak and Snakemen). Wow will this be amazing!!!

edit: brainstorming estimations in cost: 110 (base game) + 150 (three expansions @50 each) + 50 (approx. shipping) = 310 USD. Which is roughly $400 CAD. Oof.

“Worst” case scenario (for my wallet): if the pledge manager does come out on time at the end of October, and closes in just 2 months, that means I have roughly 3 months to save up. Odds are that this will take a lot longer so I feel confident that I can wing this.

Last edited:
Wait, the Ghostbusters Zombicide is already over? I never even saw notice it was available!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back