Me, Myself & Die!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I love this guy, lots of positive energy.

I have used the MGME for some time now in several campaigns, always with other people, never played solo. The results have been outstanding and it's a fixed part of my games. Now I'm running a Fading Suns campaign using it, and Eternal Lies (for Trail of Cthulhu) but without, as I find difficult to combine the MGME with such a "scripty" game.

If there's some interest, I can post a thread about how I use it. Now I have the second ed though I've not yet read it, and have the deck of cards but didn't use it yet (I printed the fate chart and the rest of tables and put them on my GM screen).

I love this guy, lots of positive energy.

I have used the MGME for some time now in several campaigns, always with other people, never played solo. The results have been outstanding and it's a fixed part of my games. Now I'm running a Fading Suns campaign using it, and Eternal Lies (for Trail of Cthulhu) but without, as I find difficult to combine the MGME with such a "scripty" game.

If there's some interest, I can post a thread about how I use it. Now I have the second ed though I've not yet read it, and have the deck of cards but didn't use it yet (I printed the fate chart and the rest of tables and put them on my GM screen).
I would definitely be interested in your thoughts. I have the card deck version, but I've only used it in a very loose style, simply drawing a card and looking for some kind of inspiration on it. I've never actually used the mechanics yet.

I would definitely be interested in your thoughts. I have the card deck version, but I've only used it in a very loose style, simply drawing a card and looking for some kind of inspiration on it. I've never actually used the mechanics yet.
I'll try to get a thread in no later than Monday, this weekend is going to be a bit frantic. Glad to be back. :smile:

I have the card deck as well (and MGME 1e + variants in pdf)

I've found it to work either super well or flop completely (from exceedingly limited testing), and I used it with other people as well.

With my buddy who both played and GMed, it was fantastic.

With my buddy who'd never GMed in his life (and who liked CRPGS and similar), it was a disaster (in the most boring way possible).

To copypaste my Youtube comment over here:

I really like the faction system. Old school D&D always had its domain management system, but the problem with it is that it doesn't enter play until the characters are high-level, and it essentially means you are switching from one game into playing an entirely different game. With the faction system, the domain management is there the entire time for the players to interact with, even if they don't control a faction.

I also agree with about enjoying being surprised as a GM. It's why I have never really warmed up to later editions of D&D. Between the carefully balanced challenge ratings and adventure paths, it's like the game is calibrated to turn exactly the way you expect. Even if that is fun for the players, its boring for me as the GM.

I've been toying with the idea of converting over the faction system in Worlds without Number to my WFRP campaign. I might have to get off my butt and do it.

I really like the Sage's Library series, wish it was more frequent. I realize Trever is one-manning this though, and putting in quite a bit of production value as opposed to just "guy sitting in front of his screen" or a rudimentary slideshow. He is a natural born entertainer, I''ll give him that. Would have loved to have seen him play a bard in a heavy-Drama medieval political intrigue, the types of WFRP Campaigns I used to run in my late teens/early 20s.

I really like the Sage's Library series, wish it was more frequent. I realize Trever is one-manning this though, and putting in quite a bit of production value as opposed to just "guy sitting in front of his screen" or a rudimentary slideshow. He is a natural born entertainer, I''ll give him that. Would have loved to have seen him play a bard in a heavy-Drama medieval political intrigue, the types of WFRP Campaigns I used to run in my late teens/early 20s.
Yeah, he gives off Robin Williams vibes.

Idk if anyone watched his most recent live stream, but he spilled some details on Season 4. Mostly, that he will be designing his own system and using Season 4 as a playtest for it. He’s working on finalizing the core engine and making sure that part works well enough before starting the new season.

Those are my favorite videos of his. They come from real experience with the system he is talking about.

Last edited:
I’d love to see Trevor do a Sage’s Library on the greatest RPG of all-time, DC Heroes. I am just assuming he has that in his massive collection.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back