Me, Myself & Die!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Thanks for posting these videos Tristram. Happy belated birthday to Trevor.

These are great- have been a long fan of Mythic. Love how he uses the different camera angles for different character.

Someone asked about using Mythic for superheroes and I just finished up a micro campaign using it. Went extremely well and looking forward to planning my next Mythic game.

Personally, I just use the Mythic chart to run the whole thing, including resolution. If you have a good idea of what the characters are capable of, decide what the odds are and roll- works pretty well.

Great thing about using Mythic is that it lets you play the game that you want to play.

The host has a talent for well timed rolls. :smile:

That was an interesting episode. The plot thickens. Of course, now I'm doing this thing I do: reading and watching material on something and starting worry I'm not using it right.

Last edited:
That was an interesting episode. The pot thickens. Of course, now I'm doing this thing I do: reading and watching material on something and starting worry I'm not using it right.
If the pot thickens too much, add water!

Watched a side video of Trevor being interviewed about his show. Turns out there is an incredible amount of work he puts into to it. Very grateful he's doing this for folks.

And so quickly! Does he do it all by himself?

This 'adventure' is certainly twisty. :smile:. If it was a novel series, I think we're on the 2nd or 3rd book at this point!

Does anyone have any different notions of how they would have interpreted some of the roll or different calls they may have made?

Man, he is really dedicated this project O.O

Last edited:
I liked how he demonstrated using the GME for world building along the way.

Does anyone have any different notions of how they would have interpreted some of the roll or different calls they may have made?
This is the Pub. When was the last time we all had the same interpretation of rules:grin:?

He is good at coming up with interpretations for the Mythic result. “Separate Death” would have stumped me into a re-roll. The battle felt like on the longer ones, but he kept it interesting, IMO, and it was refreshing to see the protagonist look good.

The concept of the Earth-binder was pretty cool. Was that from a published setting? I think I would have described his spell botch more like the powers of nature fighting and taking revenge for his attempt to force them, maybe the Huntress' slip was even because the ground was expectantly loose and muddy due to the mage's lose of control.

But that feels like armchair quarterbacking, Devall does a great job with these in a beyond timely manner. He certainly has better improv skills than me.

The way he utilized the Fate Chart felt a little different, more casual, not strictly used for "facts" but to reflect the mood and style he wanted for his story/game when determining the odds. Or may it was just me.

I applaud him for the work he puts into the show. Definitely has helped me in my solo playing efforts.

Unfortunately not, I keep psyching myself out but on the positive side the things I got for it are proving useful for typical gaming too.
I hear you. I've been slowly gearing up for another solo game, not sure what I want to do yet though.

I hear you. I've been slowly gearing up for another solo game, not sure what I want to do yet though.

Overthinking, analysis paralysis and plain old nerves about trying somethingnew are a witch's brew for procrastination.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back