Me, Myself & Die!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Since you're here, while watching one of your vids I hit on the thought that the solo-roleplaying would pair wonderfully with the Kingdom Death boardgame monster AI system. Are you familiar with it at all?

Heard of it, saw the reviews, and that’s as much as I know.

Essentially each monster has an "AI deck" of cards that determines how it attacks. The card deck also serves as health, so cards are discarded as it takes wounds. The gamble here is that you don't know which attack actions are gone, so it may end up attacking erratically, or cowering defensively, or even just left with it's most powerful attacks becoming more dangerous the more wounded it is. Nice, tight system that ends up embuing the monsters with a lot of individual character.

Essentially each monster has an "AI deck" of cards that determines how it attacks. The card deck also serves as health, so cards are discarded as it takes wounds. The gamble here is that you don't know which attack actions are gone, so it may end up attacking erratically, or cowering defensively, or even just left with it's most powerful attacks becoming more dangerous the more wounded it is. Nice, tight system that ends up embuing the monsters with a lot of individual character.
Sounds like a killer spin off show!

As if I don’t have enough on my plate already.... SIIIIIIIIGH ;)

bumping this, as I'm not sure how many of our regulars caught that Trevor has dropped out of lurk mode and is open to questions.

Devil Devil do you have any plans to upgrade to Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition, or are there any other games that you'd try solo?

Perhaps an idea for a future show would to have you and another person play together with Mythic running the game. It could be a good way to show the fate chart could be interpreted in different ways.

Devil Devil do you have any plans to upgrade to Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition, or are there any other games that you'd try solo?

Perhaps an idea for a future show would to have you and another person play together with Mythic running the game. It could be a good way to show the fate chart could be interpreted in different ways.

I'm using Deluxe right now... are you thinking of the Adventure edition (SWADE)? I think that's the most recent.

I have a few interesting ideas for upcoming episodes. Don't want to say too much about them right now though.

I'm using Deluxe right now... are you thinking of the Adventure edition (SWADE)? I think that's the most recent.

I have a few interesting ideas for upcoming episodes. Don't want to say too much about them right now though.

Yeah, meant SWADE.

No worries- look forward to seeing more videos.

Trevor, I have a couple questions for you. How long have you been using Mythic for and have you been solo gaming for a while now or is this a new idea for the YouTube series?

Hey Trevor, as a professional voice actor, do you know or have crossed paths with any of the Critical Role crew?

Trevor, I have a couple questions for you. How long have you been using Mythic for and have you been solo gaming for a while now or is this a new idea for the YouTube series?
I’ve used Mythic frequently in my actual games with my groups, but I have only solo played once before (and that was more of a way to facilitate the writing of a piece of fiction).

Hey Trevor, as a professional voice actor, do you know or have crossed paths with any of the Critical Role crew?
Yeah! I work with those guys all the time. Travis plays Thor on Avenger Assemble, so I’ve mostly worked with him on that show (I play Klaue in the Black Panther arc) and Guardians of the Galaxy (I’m Rocket Raccoon). Sam is a director, so I’ve worked with him on a variety of projects. Matt I run into at various sessions. We all get around ;) Good guys.

Yeah! I work with those guys all the time. Travis plays Thor on Avenger Assemble, so I’ve mostly worked with him on that show (I play Klaue in the Black Panther arc) and Guardians of the Galaxy (I’m Rocket Raccoon). Sam is a director, so I’ve worked with him on a variety of projects. Matt I run into at various sessions. We all get around ;) Good guys.
Nice!
You ever played any games with them?
You guys talked about Critical Role at all?
Based on how you make solo play interesting to watch, you'd make a great addition to the show.

Nice!
You ever played any games with them?
You guys talked about Critical Role at all?
Based on how you make solo play interesting to watch, you'd make a great addition to the show.
Yeah, I've been on deck to do a guest star on their show for a while now, but schedules have never worked out. They're pretty busy these days with their Kickstarted series, so I'll just see what happens.

Yeah, I've been on deck to do a guest star on their show for a while now, but schedules have never worked out. They're pretty busy these days with their Kickstarted series, so I'll just see what happens.
If it comes together, be sure to let us know.

Or the host is really good at post editing. :tongue:
No, really I agree. He is quick to interpret the prompts and does a great job of it.

Or the host is really good at post editing. :tongue:
No, really I agree. He is quick to interpret the prompts and does a great job of it.

Its another of the things I envy him for, its like click click boom for him with the prompts and I aways feel like :"duh, can I just roll on a random event table I have around here somewhere?" :smile:

I guess its like any skill, you get better practice but Trevor seems to have talent for it.

Just finished watching the most recent episode. It really is amazing how fast Trevor comes up with an explanation for the Mythic prompts. I would love to be a player in any game that he DMs. Hey Trevor, if you ever come to DC please invite me to a gaming session! :dice:

Ah, those are very kind comments, thank you. As for my speed at interpretation, it mostly comes from long years of practice as both a professional voice actor and a consistent GM of dozens of systems; that said, never undervalue the power of editing ;)

This podcast has inspired me to finally try the Mythic GM emulator. We have a group game but my 14 year old and I run a fair amount of one on one games. This time, we started a game where we both play and use the emulator. He was initially a tad confused but got into it. I had a vague idea of the overall story but a couple of simple tables helped solidify things and keep us on our toes.

It's an Eberron game forging into the Mournlands to retrieve an unknown item. The tables told us that governments were trying to prevent entry into the Mournlands, that our employers have infighting, and that a rival group is trying to get the item. We just ran into my character's evil identical cousin and his goblin troop as they were fighting a living spell. My kid's into it so much that he quickly drew up a battle map for it (on the back of wrapping paper per Dumarest's idea).

Thanks for demonstrating the system with enthusiasm and cleverness.

Ah, those are very kind comments, thank you. As for my speed at interpretation, it mostly comes from long years of practice as both a professional voice actor and a consistent GM of dozens of systems; that said, never undervalue the power of editing ;)

I was wondering if your profession was of some help in honing your improvisation skills, they are really top notch. Another person doing videos on solo gaming said he enjoys it as it helps with their gm skill. These videos sure demonstrate how that comes about.

The host's ability to come with interpretation for the prompts provided by Mythic is impressive. I usually go blank or can't think of anything applicable. Anyone have suggestions to help with that or is it mostly something that comes with practice?

Good first series. After his interview, can totally understand why he's taking a break before starting the next one. There's a lot of work he's putting into his show. Interested in seeing how Ironsworn goes. Wonder if it's going to be easier for him to run.

Watching him use Savage Worlds really sold me on it as a system.

Good first series. After his interview, can totally understand why he's taking a break before starting the next one. There's a lot of work he's putting into his show. Interested in seeing how Ironsworn goes. Wonder if it's going to be easier for him to run.

I'm interested in seeing how well Mythic meshes with another system too.

I forget, was Trevor using an established Savage Worlds setting or more going with the flow and the dice with a basic 'High Fantasy' premise?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back