Me, Myself & Die!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I think Mythic would work with just about any system if you are good at improv/interpreting the oracles. I'm getting ready to try it with a Savage Worlds Star Trek game.

I'm interested in seeing how well Mythic meshes with another system too.

I forget, was Trevor using an established Savage Worlds setting or more going with the flow and the dice with a basic 'High Fantasy' premise?

He was just making the setting up, while playing the game.

Mythic have worked well, in any game I have used it in. Those games being Fate, Savage Worlds, Star Wars Saga and Barbarians of Lemuria.

I really need to try and use the Emulator. I’ve got the cards too. I think it’s because it’s out of my comfort zone coming up with things on the fly but it actually may help stir up the imagination.

I really need to try and use the Emulator. I’ve got the cards too. I think it’s because it’s out of my comfort zone coming up with things on the fly but it actually may help stir up the imagination.

FWIW. I feel its helped me though I use it as a GM aid not for solo gaming (yet!). Its made me faster on my feet and introduced a fun sense of the unknown even to planned scenario and, arguably probably, sense of realism as the real world can be chaotic at times. I think I've even gotten better at using the two word prompts that come up.

I had no idea this thread was a thing. I absolutely love Me, Myself & Die. And I say this as someone who refuses to watch any other Youtube RPG show (aside from reviews). It's so thoroughly entertaining to watch. Pretty stoked to see Trevor put Ironsworn through its paces in season 2.

FWIW. I feel its helped me though I use it as a GM aid not for solo gaming (yet!). Its made me faster on my feet and introduced a fun sense of the unknown even to planned scenario and, arguably probably, sense of realism as the real world can be chaotic at times. I think I've even gotten better at using the two word prompts that come up.

I'd be interested in any insights you (or anyone here) might offer to using the oracle in this way. I've always been concerned that stopping to roll on the Fate chart, then stopping to roll for scene alteration or random events and whatnot would slow a non-solo game up in a way you don't have to worry about in a solo game. Did you find yourself getting "more proficient" with all that as you went along?

I used the cards during my last Unknown Armies game. I didn't use them any systematic way. I just occasionally drew one when I was stumped and looked to see if anything on the card inspired me.

I'd be interested in any insights you (or anyone here) might offer to using the oracle in this way. I've always been concerned that stopping to roll on the Fate chart, then stopping to roll for scene alteration or random events and whatnot would slow a non-solo game up in a way you don't have to worry about in a solo game. Did you find yourself getting "more proficient" with all that as you went along?

It's actually very fast to use in a game and doesn't slow down the game at all. It also depends on how much you want to use it. I have run games where I didn't prep anything and just used the Emulator to run the game. This does require you using a simpler system rules wise though. I ran an entire Barbarians of Lemuria campaign this way. I think it would be harder to do with something like Pathfinder for example.

You could also just use it to spice up the game from time to time. Basically whenever you're stomped on what should happen, just use the Emulator to give you the answer. One important piece of advise I would give, is to always go with the first idea that pops up in your head then using it. Don't sit and think about it too much.

I think by default it is a tiny bit slower than having a plan already in place (for random events and such) but Trevor nailed it when he said don't think about the oracle interpretation too much, just go with your first instinct. Of course I say that having never tried using Mythic in a non-solo game.

How are the Iron sworn episodes coming along?

It hasn't been much of a time issue for me. I don't have to use it that often since I usually have the answer at hand but things of sideways sometimes, players try or ask something off the wall or its just feels like a moment to spice things up or the answer to some random event or question sounds fun regardless of the answer.

I have trouble with two word prompts, but I feel like I'm better but I end up ignoring them to much for my preference.

Not a bad summation. I think I'll pass it around to some folks I'm showing the GME. I didn't expect he wouldn't be using for Iron sworn but Is should be interesting to get a look at its GM Emulator and contrast the two.

I have UNE but I haven't gotten to play around with it much to the times I have been interesting and had some fun results. I want to work with it more and the Character Mechanism series too.

Man, he is clicking right along with this season!

And yet there's still so, so much left to do!

(somewhat of a spoiler for Ep6)

...and that Husk needs dealt with before it's all said and done...

Trevor's doing such an amazing job with this. I can only imagine the sheer amount of work involved in putting this together. Well done!

I'm late to this thread, but just started watching the vids - Trevor is enjoyable to listen to, and very inspiring!
I initially started with Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, but once I found tabletop rpgs I was never into solo play - I figure that's what PC games are for.
However after listening to this channel, I may be motiviated to try out this GM Emulator at some stage :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back