Me, Myself & Die!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'm late to this thread, but just started watching the vids - Trevor is enjoyable to listen to, and very inspiring!
I initially started with Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, but once I found tabletop rpgs I was never into solo play - I figure that's what PC games are for.
However after listening to this channel, I may be motiviated to try out this GM Emulator at some stage :thumbsup:

Solo play is a different experience for certain. It is, however, still a fun way to have adventures. And when you're the forever referee (as I almost always am), it's often the only time you get to be a PC.

So I started watching this mostly as an exercise to see how some of the GM emulator products would work. And then I realized it was a great overview of Savage Worlds (which I've skimmed once and sort of played once), so kept watching.

I didn't intend to watch all of the episodes, but now as Episode 4 just finished I'm hooked! What will happen to Simon of Augustin? I'm going to keep watching to find out...

I believe Devil Devil = Trevor?

So I started watching this mostly as an exercise to see how some of the GM emulator products would work. And then I realized it was a great overview of Savage Worlds (which I've skimmed once and sort of played once), so kept watching.

I didn't intend to watch all of the episodes, but now as Episode 4 just finished I'm hooked! What will happen to Simon of Augustin? I'm going to keep watching to find out...

I believe Devil Devil = Trevor?

Oh, man! Season 1 just gets better and better. You're in for a treat.

Finished Episode 5. That turned into a great "You meet at a tavern" scene. I'm really rooting for Edbert the Haunted Soldier.

So I skipped season one, but I’m hooked on Season 2 (I just finished episode 6). I’m enjoying it so much I just ordered Ironsworn!

I’ll probably go back and watch season one at some point.

I've watched both of the campaigns, and I have to say they are probably the most interesting actual plays I've ever seen. The pace is great, the whole thing is really entertaining, and he just gets to the game. I'm not sure if solo role playing is something I'd be interested in doing, but it definitely gives me an idea of how to run a duet with less effort.

Oddly enough, I started with Solo Roleplaying. I didn’t want to play it with my friends until I knew the rules. Without something like Mythic, I was basically just deciding what made sense for them to do and assigning probabilities that things happened and rolled for it. In a way, it was training for GMing Rulings.

I say oddly enough, because these days, Solo Roleplaying is so not my thing for some reason. I enjoy going Full.Player when I roleplay, to the point that most meta mechanics ruin it. Pretty soon Timezone shenanigans will probably result in a temporary dry spell as the group might not be able to line up enough of the remote players to really keep the campaign going.

I might mess around with Mythic, @Devil’s sure giving the system a workout. I’m sure Trevor’s videos have sold a lot of copies.

I finished Season 1, and what a ride! The transition from Savage Worlds to Ironsworn sounds interesting.

Personally, I was sad that Egbert wasn't chosen as the character to become the focus for Season 2.

I've stalled out on Episode 3 of Season 2. Ironsworn just isn't grabbing my attention as much as Savage Worlds.

This is probably the only live-play I've ever enjoyed. I'm just in awe of Trevor's ability to come up with free association off a couple of prompts. Stuff he comes up with in 2 to 3 seconds would take me at least 30 to 60 (assuming its not all post production trickery). Inspiring stuff.

I almost wish his speed at working with prompts was editing magic, the guy makes you feel inadequate. :smile:

I'm sadly behind in the videos, pretty far behind actually, due to combination of RL time eaters and some degree of lowered excitement since Mythic is seeing les use in this season. Its what really drew me in the GM Oracle/Solo RP tool interest.

I'm sadly behind in the videos, pretty far behind actually, due to combination of RL time eaters and some degree of lowered excitement since Mythic is seeing les use in this season. Its what really drew me in the GM Oracle/Solo RP tool interest.
He doesn't use Mythic at all in season 2. He uses Ironsworn only, including its oracles. I liked all the different tools he brought together for season 1 too, but I'm pretty sure the point of s2 was to try new things. And the tale ends up being pretty epic before it's all done.

I almost wish his speed at working with prompts was editing magic, the guy makes you feel inadequate. :smile:

Don't beat yourself up too much about this. Things like this comes with practice. It took me some time, before I got the hang of using Mythic in my games. There were a bunch of times I simply rerolled results, when I couldn't make them fit.

Incredibly entertaining channel. I got into it earlier this year binge-watching his Ironsword stuff. Really is a fantastic youtuber and wish he had more subscribers as his stuff deserves a wider audience.

I've never even heard of that game. And here I thought I was well informed about the different games out there...

". . . and a special thank you to my friend TristramEvans TristramEvans, who recommended that I wear this ridiculous getup."

Having never used this system it's interesting how virtually everybody talks about their fond memories, it's virtues and yet all agree it doesn't suit Middle Earth at all and doesn't feel remotely Tolkien.

Christ though this lad is good at accents. He switches from regional UK accents, Ed Wynn, etc and back to his own accent in the space of seconds.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back