Me, Myself & Die!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Watched this earlier and it's a blast. Love watching his videos; the passion really comes through, he has fun, and he's obviously talented and really creative.

I loved Season 1. I couldn’t get into Season 2. I think it was the system. I’m going to give Season 3 a listen.

I loved Season 1. I couldn’t get into Season 2. I think it was the system. I’m going to give Season 3 a listen.

I was the other way. Got into Season 2 and loved it; went back and watched Season 1 and didn't do a huge amount for me, although I still enjoyed it because Trevor's just so damn good at this.

I was the other way. Got into Season 2 and loved it; went back and watched Season 1 and didn't do a huge amount for me, although I still enjoyed it because Trevor's just so damn good at this.
Picking a different game system for each season surprised me at the start of S2, but now I think it’s a really smart move.

This season is getting good. Egbert was easily my favorite character of Season 1. Glad he’s getting the spotlight in a pirate adventure.

Latest episode of Trevor chewing through the scenery:

Awesome stuff. :grin:

Both of the last two episodes were really a lot of fun. Trevor really seems to be hitting his stride with this show.

After watching quite a few solo RPG youtube videos recently, as I'm looking at trying my hand at solo play (not vids though!) so wanted tips, it's ridiculous how good Trevor's stuff is. The editing and everything is obviously a cut above but his approach is so much better to solo-gaming and he allows the story to develop and adapt and so forth. It's a travesty (trevorsty?) that he only has the viewers he has; his work deserves far more.

After watching quite a few solo RPG youtube videos recently, as I'm looking at trying my hand at solo play (not vids though!) so wanted tips, it's ridiculous how good Trevor's stuff is. The editing and everything is obviously a cut above but his approach is so much better to solo-gaming and he allows the story to develop and adapt and so forth. It's a travesty (trevorsty?) that he only has the viewers he has; his work deserves far more.

What does Trevor do differently than those other solo-gamers?

What does Trevor do differently than those other solo-gamers?

A lot of the videos I've watched of others tend to be trying to shoehorn group-focussed RPGs into a solo experience and they just end up playing out like boardgames with one player controlling multiple characters, trying to run a solo PC through a group play scenario, or getting dragged down by rules and systems not designed for solo play, etc. Trevor seems to approach it as a solo game right from the top and selects/develops a solo-focussed plot/setup as the priority whereas others don't seem to do the same. This allows him to better open up with a goal, objective, mystery to solve etc which he then progresses, narrowing the options and getting to the end-game, using whichever oracle tool he's using at the time. You can clearly see this direction of travel in his videos, which you can't in others. A lot of others I've watched seem to struggle with that kind of execution so their videos just fall a little flat for me and end up looking like poor versions of a group game; that may be what solo games are for x% of the time but I don't get that vibe with Trevor's videos.

Last edited:
Another installment of the Sage's Library...

... this time it's the AD&D Players Handbook!

Just a quick shout-out to thank those who pointed me to that channel. I was a bit reluctant at first because actual plays usually bore me and I wasn't especially interested in solo rpg. I thoroughly enjoyed all the videos I watched. It has excellent pacing and mr.Devall enthusiasm is nothing short of contagious.

It's also a great lesson in rpg improv and it made me consider using the Mythic GM emulator for running my regular games. It really makes you wonder why you should ever need to buy a published adventure (and also not rely only on your GM improv super powers). I pimp the show wherever I can because he really deserves more subscribers.

Excellent work, watch his videos and subscribe.

Just a quick shout-out to thank those who pointed me to that channel. I was a bit reluctant at first because actual plays usually bore me and I wasn't especially interested in solo rpg. I thoroughly enjoyed all the videos I watched. It has excellent pacing and mr.Devall enthusiasm is nothing short of contagious.

It's also a great lesson in rpg improv and it made me consider using the Mythic GM emulator for running my regular games. It really makes you wonder why you should ever need to buy a published adventure (and also not rely only on your GM improv super powers). I pimp the show wherever I can because he really deserves more subscribers.

Excellent work, watch his videos and subscribe.
I was also motivated to pick up Mythic GM Emulator to use for groups games as well. Watching Trevor think on his feet is very inspiring. I'm enjoying his Sage's Library videos as well. I like reviews that come from a place of real experience with a game. They have motivated me to belatedly contribute to his Patreon.

I'm enjoying his Sage's Library videos as well. I like reviews that come from a place of real experience with a game.

Yes! His Burning WHeel review was spot on. I also like the fact that his tastes are so varied and that he seems always ready to try new stuff. Having an rpg channel that isn't dedicated exclusively to 5e is quite refreshing.

I only recently began watching the show, partly because I hadn't enjoyed any actual play videos of tabletop RPGs — until now. In fact, even Savage Worlds is beginning to pique my interest. It's crazy!

EDIT: I'm also super curious of the Dominion episodes (we'll get there in due time) because I never actually heard anyone talk about it (aside from a single person 8 or 9 years ago), let alone play it.

I only recently began watching the show, partly because I hadn't enjoyed any actual play videos of tabletop RPGs — until now. In fact, even Savage Worlds is beginning to pique my interest. It's crazy!
It is a good system...even if I liked it better pre-SWADE:thumbsup:!

Mythic GM Emulator is indeed great. I've run two campaigns on nothing but that. But it can't completely replace running games based on pre-made scenarios, at least for me.
I do use it for all my games, in some capacity though. It's great for those times when a question or some other thing, you didn't think of beforehand comes up. It's pretty quick to when use it to get inspiration for an answer. In campaigns with pre-made adventures, I also use it to come up with twists and complications. Sort of like the scene interrups/alterations on Trevor's show.

Mythic GM Emulator is indeed great. I've run two campaigns on nothing but that. But it can't completely replace running games based on pre-made scenarios, at least for me.
I do use it for all my games, in some capacity though. It's great for those times when a question or some other thing, you didn't think of beforehand comes up. It's pretty quick to when use it to get inspiration for an answer. In campaigns with pre-made adventures, I also use it to come up with twists and complications. Sort of like the scene interrups/alterations on Trevor's show.
I really love the card deck as well. It's a great way to get inspiration in the middle of a session.

Just gets better and better. Hugely entertaining!

DON'T TRUST THE GIANT TALKING BRAIN! :grin:

Trevor has just posted this on his Youtube account, so I'm relaying that here, you never know....

SCAM ALERT!! There is someone impersonating me (poorly) on Instagram. So far the accounts named have been @_trevordevall and _tdevall. There may be others. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THESE SCUMBAGS SAY. The only time I will ask you for anything is to subscribe to my Patreon! (the MeMyselfAndDie account). Also, I guarantee you I will always spell my own name right in my social media accounts (*eyeroll*... I swear, these scum aren't even putting any effort into this anymore...). Thought I'd give you all the warning! SOOOOO annoying....

How have we missed three episodes?

Seems like things might be coming to a climax, here.

Tervor has a new episode of The Sage's Library up, this time Harnmaster...

Really feel like I should say the review isn't long or needlessly detailed enough if I was taking a cheap dig at the subject matter, but I won't. :wink:

Trevor just put his house rules for converting Ars Magica to Harnmaster on his Patreon. He cautions that you do need to understand both Ars Magica 5th and Harnmaster Magic to understand them, and that he never wrote them with the intention of other people reading them.

Missed a couple of episodes here:

Latest one just went up:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back