Me, Myself & Die!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Catching up!

And the finale is just epic. It's incredible what Trevor does here, far more than 'just' a solo RPG campaign...

Followed up with a brill post-finale chat and Q&A:

Thanks for posting these here on your site over the last year, folks! I’ve finished Season 3 now, but I have several new projects starting on the channel. Check them out if you want. I always value discussion from experienced gamers like yourselves :smile:

Hi Trevor! Awesome news, can't wait! The stuff you do is brilliant. :thumbsup:

Hello and welcome to Jazz Club, tonight, Gaming Jazz! Mmmmm. Nice!

In a departure from Actual Play, seminal Jazz RPGer Trevor Devall, lead saxophonist of the eclectic Sage's Library brings to us a unique take of the clashing styles of Linear and Sandbox gaming. Grrrrrrrrrrrrreat! REALLY great! He'll be presenting his own interpretation of these themes in an inventive new arrangement - where although it follows the standard 3d6 6-attribute structure, instead of providing a harmonic departure from the chargen section, the rules resolve in a rising chromatic pattern. Wonderful!

Take it away, Trevor Devall and LvS...

Honestly, all these other videos Trevor is making is not my cup of tea. It's not that they are bad or anything. It's just there's already plenty of that type of stuff on youtube.
Will still watch the Me, Myself and Die shows, but that's probably it for me.

He did a Five Parsecs from Home recently and it was brilliant...

... brought loads of energy and creativity to it.

Honestly, all these other videos Trevor is making is not my cup of tea. It's not that they are bad or anything. It's just there's already plenty of that type of stuff on youtube.
Will still watch the Me, Myself and Die shows, but that's probably it for me.

Funny, I'm the opposite. I know the let's plays are the primary focus of the channel, but I much more enjoy the Sage's Library. Which I guess goes to show it's clever on his part to do both for a wider audience

Funny, I'm the opposite. I know the let's plays are the primary focus of the channel, but I much more enjoy the Sage's Library. Which I guess goes to show it's clever on his part to do both for a wider audience

I believe Trevor is a friend of yours right? So for you, those videos are just an old friend talking about stuff. For me he's just another youtuber, like so many others with those videos.
Granted, I've mostly stopped watching youtube alltogether for various reasons. Me, Myself and Die is one of the few I'm still subscribed too. So take that into account about my opinion on this.

I believe Trevor is a friend of yours right? So for you, those videos are just an old friend talking about stuff. For me he's just another youtuber, like so many others with those videos.

I guess? I was talking more about content that I enjoy. I don't subscribe to ay "let's players" on youtube besides Trevor, but there's a few folks talking about/reviewing game products that I'll watch.

I really like Sage's Library as well. While Mad Hatter has a point about their being a lot of videos like this, I find Trevor really draws on his own experience with the game and clearly gets into what he does and doesn't like about it. It keeps me interested even when he is discussing games I will never run, like Burning Wheel.

I really enjoy his non-actual play videos (I'm simply not into actual play videos so it's nothing about the way he does them that i dislike).
Seems like a pretty cool dude too. Too bad he can't seem to make any friends to play games with (jk).

Too bad he can't seem to make any friends to play games with (jk).

pfft, he's the one who decided to move down to Hollywood and "be successful" instead of slumming it up in Canuckistan

Goddammit. That just makes me want to get that game and I said I wouldn't.

When are you going to be in one of these videos?

lol, Trevor spends most of the year living down in California these days, being "very successful as a voice actor" or some normie bullshit like that. And even if we were still gaming together regularly, I doubt that I'd agree to be on camera during a game. I'll leave that to the professionals.

And even if we were still gaming together regularly, I doubt that I'd agree to be on camera during a game. I'll leave that to the professionals.

I'd really like to watch some of us from t'Pub gaming on youtube.

I didn't think I was going to enjoy watching the above but did, thought it was really well done; the number of players seems to be a perfect fit so far for the game. Will definitely watch further episodes of this series, but then, I do love all the different stuff Trevor does. How long did you game with him for TristramEvans TristramEvans and what kinda games?

I'd really like to watch some of us from t'Pub gaming on youtube.
Okay.

Here is a video from five years ago of robertsconley robertsconley running an adventure with me and BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan as players.I was going through some health issues at the time, so it's not something I would add to my gaming audition reel, but it was a fun session.

It's not letting me embed the video, so let me know if the link gives you an issue.

How long did you game with him for TristramEvans TristramEvans and what kinda games?

Oh geeze, we gamed a lot back in the day. Uh, we met a little while after I moved to BC, I'd signed up to this online message board to connect gamers in the city and we both ended up playing in this very long MERP/Rolemaster campaign that Trevor hosted at his place downtown, GMed by a guy named Mike? I think that campaign lasted over a year, maybe close to 2. Trevor was the second player I ever ran Phaserip for after the first game of it with two folks I still game with to this day that I met through Trevor. Uh, we played nWoD a few times (one of those was the game that Larry was born), Savage Worlds, Unknown Armies (a campaign run by a mutual friend that I also wargame with), Gamma World, Dungeonworld, a scifi Fate game (I keep wanting to say "Stars My Destination" but I don't think that was the name), Warhammer Fantasy, and Trevor was the one to introduce me to RuneQuest 6th ed in a game set in Harn. May have been other oneshots or whatever that I'm forgetting.

But more importantly, when I fell on rough times after an ex screwed me over and left me in an apartment I couldn't afford with no job, Trevor stepped in and really helped me out, basically kept me from being homeless/starving, and for that alone I'll always consider him a dear friend and one of the best folks I ever gamed with, regardless however long we go between seeing each other.

But more importantly, when I fell on rough times after an ex screwed me over and left me in an apartment I couldn't afford with no job, Trevor stepped in and really helped me out, basically kept me from being homeless/starving, and for that alone I'll always consider him a dear friend and one of the best folks I ever gamed with, regardless however long we go between seeing each other.

What a great person to have in your life, at any point, even for the shortest of times. Thanks for sharing this too mate; really glad I asked!

Okay.

Here is a video from five years ago of robertsconley robertsconley running an adventure with me and BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan as players.I was going through some health issues at the time, so it's not something I would add to my gaming audition reel, but it was a fun session.

It's not letting me embed the video, so let me know if the link gives you an issue.
Here is something more recent as well. I am running a short Shadowdark adventure.

Okay.

Lol. I remember that. It was a great session. There is one with Rob playing with us as a player as well HERE (I was unhealthily thin at that time).

Lol. I remember that. It was a great session. There is one with Rob playing with us as a player as well HERE (I was unhealthily thin at that time).
One day we really need to a game video when one us isn't the on the brink of death.

I played in an Adventures in Middle Earth game that robertsconley robertsconley ran, but that sadly wasn't recorded. It had one of the best endings brought about by a random encounter. We'd been sent by Radagast to recover a dark artifact from a tribe of orcs, and were on our way back to him with it. We then randomly encountered Saruman. We were greatly relieved as we were able to turn the artifact over to Saruman for safekeeping rather than trek all the way to Radagast. That was some great dramatic irony.

One day we really need to a game video when one us isn't the on the brink of death.
Agreed.
I played in an Adventures in Middle Earth game that robertsconley robertsconley ran, but that sadly wasn't recorded. It had one of the best endings brought about by a random encounter. We'd been sent by Radagast to recover a dark artifact from a tribe of orcs, and were on our way back to him with it. We then randomly encountered Saruman. We were greatly relieved as we were able to turn the artifact over to Saruman for safekeeping rather than trek all the way to Radagast. That was some great dramatic irony.
That was an excellent adventure. I do have a partial record in the form of the Roll20 setup and the die rolls.

1680022083919.png

1680022450377.png

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back