Melee - Kenji vs Flavius

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,609
So the samurai Kenji (myself) vs the Centurion Flavius ( Gringnr Gringnr ).

Kenji starts in 0101, Flavius in 0807

Rules:
Trees require a successful "roll to miss" to throw something through. See p.15. However they can be moved through as normal.
Moving across a river requires two movement points


map.jpg
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,609
Turn 1:
Initiative roll shows Flavius goes first: here
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,836
Reaction score
4,698
Flavius moves 1 hex to 0806...
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,609
Kenji moves 6 hexes to 0708 to engage Flavius, but cannot attack. Facing 0808.

Flavius moves 2 to 0808

(how are we keeping track of facing?)
Good point!
I can rotate the figures, so let's take it as where their feet are pointing. Sound good? It looks a bit daft but it conveys the information. Let me know if I have your facing wrong in the map. If it's right we'll proceed to the next turn.

map.jpg
 
Last edited:

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,836
Reaction score
4,698
Okay, since I go first, Flavius will attack with his spear...

I rolled a 15.

Poo.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,609
Turn 3:
Initiative is a tie. Melee contains no rules for adjuticating this, so I suggest Flavius wins since he has higher adjDX.
Also since initiative only determines move order (not attack order) this matters little since we are engaged.

Kenji at 0807 facing 0808. Flavius at 0808 facing 0807 (I assume).

map.jpg
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,836
Reaction score
4,698
Flavius opts not to move, or shift, but to stay in 0808, facing 0807.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,609
OOC: Sorry Gringnr Gringnr , got a good run of sunny days here and was outside a good bit

Kenji will opt to remain in place and defend (i.e. 4d6 on attacker roll).
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,836
Reaction score
4,698
Flavius attacks with his spear. Rolling 4 dice on Orokos, I got a 13. Just what I needed. For Damage, I rolled a 4, plus 1 equals 5.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,609
Turn 4:
Things remain as they were. Flavius to move.

Kenji down to 8HP. Flavius still on 11HP.

map.jpg
 
Last edited:

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,836
Reaction score
4,698
Flavius opts to shift so that he is in 0708 facing 0807.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,609
Kenji will remain in place and beseech the Kami for mercy from the coming blow :sweat:
 

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,836
Reaction score
4,698
Flavius rolls a 17, which is not only a miss, but a dropped weapon...
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,609
Turn 5:
Flavius wins the initiative again. Flavius in 0708, Kenji in 0807.

Flavius 11HP
Kenji 8HP (forgot my armour above!)

map.jpg
 
Last edited:

Gringnr

Part-Time Booty Goon
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,836
Reaction score
4,698
Flavius will shift to 0707, still facing 0807. Barring any movement or attempt by Kenji to break engagement, Flavius will draw his sword.
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top