Men's Adventure Game (OOC)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Raleel

The Lemon LeCroix of Mythras
Reaction score
I'm impressed that our first debate is over the naming of a drink. I believe this is actually an auspicious beginning, as we all have similar expectations. It's damn important to be accurate on your naming of drinks.

Just to be clear: I have no expectations of, or interest in, precise historical accuracy in this game. That's not in the spirit of the genre, and just plain something I'm not interested in. Please refrain from nitpicking my posts. :thumbsup::grin::shade:

If that's what others have experienced when running historical settings, I'm starting to understand why they shy away from doing so.

I'm more inclined to red wine, but since we're here I'll have a Cape Cod followed by a screwdriver.

Nobody ever questions the naming of BEER or WHISKEY. Which is what Mick shall be drinking...:grin:

In fact, I suspect he has been ordering them, and relying on the names being familiar enough, before meeting our languages guy. Hey, there have been US servicemen in this place, the sound should be familiar!

If that's what others have experienced when running historical settings, I'm starting to understand why they shy away from doing so.
I doubt that's the case:smile:.

At least, it's not my experience with historical games...and I've played with a group which had over 50% of the players possessing, or studying to learn, a degree in some sub-sectors of History. That's how I got introduced to RQ/CoC, in fact!

Then again, I'm the guy who looks such things up just because I like the athmosphere they create:shade:.

Last edited:
I gotta say, Karl currently feels very very much like a character from the sagas and we’ve barely gotten started. I love it

I gotta say, Karl currently feels very very much like a character from the sagas and we’ve barely gotten started. I love it
His last move was kinda Loki-ish indeed:grin:!

(To make it clear, I very much approve!)

His last move was kinda Loki-ish indeed:grin:!

(To make it clear, I very much approve!)
Odin the Wanderer as well. He’s no slouch in the chaos sowing

How do you roll?

Um...

Dice.jpg

is this wrong?

Be aware though, I think if I roll double 6's a Balrog appears, and not sure on whose side...

Fun fact - I just recognised words in Tagalog that are common with my (albeit limited) understanding of Bhasa. I imagine it comes from some of the same roots, although Bhasa is actually a patois of Dutch and a bunch of Indonesian langauges (mainly Javanese and Sundanese as I understand). There are also a few dialects of Bhasa - Bhasa Malaysia is semi-intelligible to a native speaker of Bhasa Indonesia. According to the Wikipedia article, Tagalog is in the same family of langauges as Javanese.

Last edited:
Ronin Ronin - I couldn't see anything about rate of fire and damage for unarmed attacks. Can one attack more than once per turn with a melee attack, and what damage does a punch, kick, headbutt or other unarmed attack do?

Yeah I was intending on using the die roller here. Didn't really have a back up plan. So whatever your comfortable with. Even if its rolling real dice at your desk. Just be honest, its just a game. Its also another test drive for my system. So it would be helpful to me to see if anything needs tweaking. Being dishonest could skque that. Not that any of you would be dishonest. Its just a general statement, so please don't take offense.

Ronin Ronin - I couldn't see anything about rate of fire and damage for unarmed attacks. Can one attack more than once per turn with a melee attack, and what damage does a punch, kick, headbutt or other unarmed attack do?
Yeah I didnt realise I left that out. Punches doe 1d2, kicks 1d4 plus Brawn bonus to damage. Only one HtH attack. Though if you have Pugilist, or Swordsman and the attacker loses (melee attacks are opposed rolls) the defender may immediately riposte. That is make an immediate attack upon the what was the attacker.

Yeah I was intending on using the die roller here. Didn't really have a back up plan. So whatever your comfortable with. Even if its rolling real dice at your desk. Just be honest, its just a game. Its also another test drive for my system. So it would be helpful to me to see if anything needs tweaking. Being dishonest could skque that. Not that any of you would be dishonest. Its just a general statement, so please don't take offense.
GettyImages-966740056-5b19a9713418c60036694a98.jpg

Yeah I didnt realise I left that out. Punches doe 1d2, kicks 1d4 plus Brawn bonus to damage. Only one HtH attack. Though if you have Pugilist, or Swordsman and the attacker loses (melee attacks are opposed rolls) the defender may immediately riposte. That is make an immediate attack upon the what was the attacker.
Sam has swordsman, so be sure to remind me about this!

Nothing is written here, gents, keep circulating, please!

Sorry family crisis this weekend, and I've managed to get sick. I will be on tomorrow and will get us back going. I'm sorry I haven't communicated. I have been either away from the computer or just havent had the energy to post.

Playing as an addict is fun! :clown: Just wait until the jones kicks in! :sweat: :weep: It'll be more fun! :clown:

For some reason, after trying to pronounce the text our junky wrote, I thought it would fit rather well this song.

Also, we're really happy we're not playing a narrative system. Because by most narrative rules, the bar fight just identified us as (the) bad guys.

Last edited:
[ . . . ]
Also, we're really happy we're not playing a narrative system. Because by most narrative rules, the bar fight just identified us as (the) bad guys.
Who says we aren't?

Nobody. That's exactly what worries me:smile:!
Well, the genre implies that we're supposed to be the manliest of manly men of action, but it doesn't specify heroes. However, I don't imagine a lot of stories in this genre were ever written from the villain's point of view.

Don't worry, the bad guys have more nefarious superlatives so that they make an obvious pulpy contrast to us. :wink: Like "The infamous badger hordes of the thrice-damned sultan of Mindinao!" :devil: You kinda know the bad guys already when you try to summarize them.

Here, you try: what's our crew's summary? "Soldiers of Fortune?" "Bar fight finishers?" "Ex-pat ex-soldier arms runners?" See? :shade: Harmless and pardonable manly violence. :hehe:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back