Men's Adventure Game (OOC)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I literally didn't do anything! I just found some stuff. looks like maybe folks who are trying to smuggle from the japanese!

I intended Lude to be the group's thoughtful pacifist*...:errr:...if this was a White Wolf game I'd be doing a humanity roll.

*Well a manly pacifist who still kills people, but says "Darn it Jim, why'd it have to be this way"

Pete's not too put out by it all. He's seen a few killings before the war during prohibition and of course during the war. And he's on the run from the law already. Familiar territory.

Pete's not too put out by it all. He's seen a few killings before the war during prohibition and of course during the war. And he's on the run from the law already. Familiar territory.
Given that we're apparently a bunch of arrmed and dangerous WW2 vets smuggling guns in Southeast Asia, any wilting flowers among us had better brace themselves for what's to come if they're worried about a few nameless NPCs who started a fight being dispatched in Act I, Scene I. I expect it will only snowball from here. :hehe:

Viktor would be dreadfully disappointed if it were otherwise. All of you chasing money & adventure keeps the doldrums away. :kiss:

I intended Lude to be the group's thoughtful pacifist*...:errr:...if this was a White Wolf game I'd be doing a humanity roll.

*Well a manly pacifist who still kills people, but says "Darn it Jim, why'd it have to be this way"
Yeah, pretty much same here. Mick is geared towards non-lethal violence, which he finds entertaining.

My attempt:
We will make a fanfic about Bar Goon D's life called "Rogue D." Many Bar Goons died to bring us this information.
Bar Goon D has settled in for the evening, his father's hunting knife on his bedside locker. Things had been tough at the Goon D household since their father, Tavern Goon D, had taken ill. The phone rings, the guys want to head out. With tears in his eyes he takes up his father's knife, he has no choice but to pawn it now. Hopefully he'll find a buyer, he might get lucky, though as his father always said "Luck is a cruel master Bar, it follows a strict 2d6 approximation of a Bell curve with modifiers". The Old Man had a way with words.

When he gets there, his friends from the village's charity organization greet him. These guys as poor as they are still found the time to help out the local children, what heroes. He spots his cousin Bar Goon A who tells him a bunch of friendly looking foreigners have shown up. The local custom of constantly glancing to show deference doesn't seem to be getting the strangers' attention, so poor Bar decides to head up to the Scandinavian to show him the knife, hopefully he'll buy it...

Is our trusty GM okay with us splitting the party? I was actually thinking that would make the most sense in context, and it's far easier to deal with in PbP than IRL gaming anyway. :smile: It sounds like we've got a few folks for the Turk, some for the Union, and at least one for the pawn shop.

Is our trusty GM okay with us splitting the party? I was actually thinking that would make the most sense in context, and it's far easier to deal with in PbP than IRL gaming anyway. :smile: It sounds like we've got a few folks for the Turk, some for the Union, and at least one for the pawn shop.
Yes, that's fine.

PC Autopilot: Will buy more drugs to top off from Trader Manny Paks, and any 'new flavors' of drugs, if he has stock. Also buy around two or three decent balisongs as ex-pat gifts, because their lads love that souvenir shit and it garners good will.

Will look at Pak's exotic, crazy shit, and may buy one, especially if it will stave off boredom, er, Lead to Adventure! Insane eldritch stuff preferred, but even a taxidermied sawfish or sea snake will do in a pinch. Basically a novelty to bring with Viktor when he rejoins everyone at The Turk's.

You don't need to play this all out -- you can just have Viktor make a grand entrance into The Turk's with his new "Side Quest" (or gag novelty) item, and we can assume the rest. This way there's less scenes to juggle.

Ronin Ronin everything ok?

Seconded. Ronin, you OK?

Play by Post lives or dies by momentum. Life getting in the way is naturally understandable. Yet feedback when you can, even if it's an acronym "brb, afk, sorry!", helps stoke momentum during a stall.

OK sorry for the lack of communication. My wife had surgery over a week ago now. Long story short, things seemed good. Then were not. Then that was fixed, now something else has come up. Nothing life threatening, but a pain where part of the procedure, may have to be redone, or something I don't know. Till I know whats going to happen, I probably will not post much, if at all till I know. Which I'm hoping will be tomorrow. Again I want to apologize for leaving you folks hanging. I have a tendency to become hyper focused on things. I feel my wife's health is ok to be like that about, in my opinion. But I should have let you guys know what was going on before this. I truly apologize, you folks deserve better. If any of you don't want to continue I understand. If you want to continue, I will be back. I cannot say exactly when, though. I will post again when I can. This may be a day or so, or it may be a week.

Yeah sounds good to me. I'll be looking forward to jumping back in whenever you are free Ronin, no worries at all. :thumbsup:

Take all the time you need to take care of the stuff at home. that is more important.

I'm fine waiting until you are all settled, don't try to rush back before you are ready.

I had my own family medical issues to deal with last week and I'm on "vacation" the next two weeks.

:crossed: Holy shit! Good to hear things are not so severe, though. Naturally go be there for family crises. :heart: Imagination Land and your nerd-buddies will still be here.

Put on the "adulting pants," our brave superhero, and go forth... 'The Responsible Adult'! :shade:

I'm glad that they say it's not that serious. And yeah, RL before games, no need to apologize!

As with everyone else, no problem. Mostly making sure you were not gone for good. Play by post is like this. RL issues happen. Take the time you need!

I’m not in the game, of course, but I want to wish your wife a speedy recovery Ronin Ronin. Take the time you need, my friend. It’s your wife. The game can always continue later!

Dumarest, I hate to butt in but I'm having a brain cramp. Who's the girl in the spoiler? I feel like I should recognize her and the source....
The exquisite Heather Graham as Annie Blackburn in Twin Peaks season 2.
cooper-annie-diner.jpg

Thanks. I knew she looked familiar, but must confess that I've never seen Twin Peaks. Guess I need to remedy that. :grin:

Okay ... now back to the regular adventure.

Thanks. I knew she looked familiar, but must confess that I've never seen Twin Peaks. Guess I need to remedy that. :grin:

Okay ... now back to the regular adventure.
Twin Peaks was pretty good up until the end of the Laura Palmer story arc, but then they got extended unexpectedly and caught on the hop. They ran out of ideas pretty badly after that and it goes downhill within a few episodes. Having said that, the first season and the second season up to the reveal are pretty good.

For bonus points, spot the actors who also had parts in the Lynch Dune film (I'll give you Kyle Mcglachlan as a starter).

For even more bonus points, here's a link to the Michael Warren re-cut, which uses some (somewhat potato quality) video from rehearsed but un-filmed scenes and story board art - but comes out with a much more coherent edit of the film than any of the official releases. Warning 3 hours long.

Is this game dead or going to be revived at some point? I'm cool with either but just thought I'd check in.

that last one reminds me somewhat of Karl.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back