Men's Adventure Game

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
that sounds like something broke on the other one. the odds of 5 tens in a row are ridiculous.

also, of course he runs a proto-convenience store. For the touristas. store front for the gun running operations.
Told you it sounds munchkin-like. Though I don't think my dice are broken, they just like me sweating:grin:!

I'll take note of this idea, though...

I'm done with his Advantages (Pugilist and Knockout King), but I'm still hesitating between Amnesiac, Gambler, In Debt (Triads/Yakuza), Phobia (Snakes), and Obsession (missing girlfriend):tongue:!

(It's not the process of character generation that was making me hesitate, it's the time commitment. And I really want to join, but equally don't want to hold the game down!)

...OK, let's get some clarity. Ronin Ronin what posting rates would you expect from us:shade:?

Last edited:
Told you it sounds munchkin-like. Though I don't think my dice are broken, they just like me sweating:grin:!

I'll take note of this idea, though...

I'm done with his Advantages (Pugilist and Knockout King), but I'm still hesitating between Amnesiac, Gambler, In Debt (Triads/Yakuza), Phobia (Snakes), and Obsession (missing girlfriend):tongue:!

(It's not the process of character generation that was making me hesitate, it's the time commitment. And I really want to join, but equally don't want to hold the game down!)

...OK, let's get some clarity. Ronin Ronin what posting rates would you expect from us:shade:?
Well I'm pretty much only online between 7pm-10pm eastern standard time. I guess I'm not really sure as to what my expectations are. I would say to post a couple times a day. If more that's better but I don't know honestly. I've only even run a PBP once. Which went went fast and furious for a week then petered off. I guess just do your best to post we'll find a rhythm.

You guys know there is a dice roller built in here? To get to it you do a post and then edit it

Scratch that. It's only available in the PbP threads.

OK, you've sold me. Just switch the gynecologist, with doctor.:smile:
For some reason I see Jack Elams character from Cannonball Run when I read this
MV5BM2IwOWE4ODgtNWNhNS00YjYyLThjZjYtMzNlMGIyNTIyZWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1OTEzMzc@._V1_.jpg

OK, no gynecology...:cry:

Jack Elam, does that mean I can play a decadent heavy? :dice: Like shoot at the feet of toddlers just to watch 'em dance? ("Rawhide") :gunslinger: Or is that just one of my many benders I am trying to forget? :sick: "Vas is das, liebchen? Mein kinder no waltz? Here, I teach now." :gunslinger:

(I sorta love the bastard already... :heart:)

I guess I'm not really sure as to what my expectations are. I would say to post a couple times a day. If more that's better but I don't know honestly. I've only even run a PBP once. Which went went fast and furious for a week then petered off. I guess just do your best to post we'll find a rhythm.

most successful one I've had was slower than that.

To be straight up, a couple of times a day just isn't going to be possible for me every day. Last month I went on work travel for a week. I just didn't have time for pretty much all of it :smile:

most successful one I've had was slower than that.

To be straight up, a couple of times a day just isn't going to be possible for me every day. Last month I went on work travel for a week. I just didn't have time for pretty much all of it :smile:
Well post when you can. Like I said, I think we will find our right rhythm.

As a player I can usually do daily but more than that is dicey. It's bad form to be on my phone around the kids all day.

Well I'm pretty much only online between 7pm-10pm eastern standard time. I guess I'm not really sure as to what my expectations are. I would say to post a couple times a day. If more that's better but I don't know honestly. I've only even run a PBP once. Which went went fast and furious for a week then petered off. I guess just do your best to post we'll find a rhythm.
OK, "whenever I can" is certainly doable:smile:. Let's do that, and if I'm much slower than the rest of the group, I'd just bow out.

Still wondering about that flaw, though.

There's also time zones. I'm a few hours ahead of you, so in practice I won't post until just before you come online the following day. 7-10 EST will be the wee small hours of the morning for me. I can't see more than a daily schedule working.

There's also time zones. I'm a few hours ahead of you, so in practice I won't post until just before you come online the following day. 7-10 EST will be the wee small hours of the morning for me. I can't see more than a daily schedule working.
Its sounds like a once a day is going to be it. Which is fine.:smile:

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having a hard time keeping track of the PCs so here's a summary list of players and their characters from this thread:

Nobby-W Nobby-W: Bruce "Digger" Castlemaine
Bunch Bunch: Peter "Boy" Weaver
TheophilusCarter TheophilusCarter: Sam "The Dandy" Evans
Simon Hogwood Simon Hogwood: Brian "Slot Machine Sully" Sullivan
opaopajr opaopajr: Dr. Victor von Speculum
Dumarest Dumarest: Capt. Richard "Rock" Hardy, USMC, Ret.
Séadna Séadna: Lude Gozitan
Raleel Raleel: Karl "One Eye" Anderson
Toadmaster Toadmaster: Charles Manchester

Did I miss anyone?

I am so going to get all y'all into trouble. :wink: Wealthy addicts are a hoot! :kiss:

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm having a hard time keeping track of the PCs so here's a summary list of players and their characters from this thread:

Did I miss anyone?
If you or someone else gets the time before I do adding prime skills/profession and weapon(s) would be handy.

Incidentally I have failed to read the equipment rules but Boy would ideally have a sawed off shotgun and a supped up vehicle

Nationality: Australian
Languages: English, Tagalog
Abilities: Pugilist, High pain tolerance
Flaw: Wanted
Weapons: .45 pistol, Bowie knife

Nationality: American
Languages: English
Abilities: Grease Monkey, Born at the Wheel
Weapons: None (?)

Nationality: British
Abilities: Swordsman (fencing, +2 bonus to use a sword), Silver Tongue (+2 to convince)
Flaw: Hard of Hearing (-2 Perception rolls related to hearing)
Weapons: Sword cane (fencing sword concealed in cane, 2d4 damage)

Nationality: Irish
Languages: English, Irish Gaelic, and ?
Abilities: Hard-Boiled, Silver-Tongued Flaw: One-Armed
Weapons: Pocketknife, Broomhandle Mauser

Nationality: German
Languages: German
Abilities: Doctor (+2 to medicine stuff), Wealthy
Flaw: Addict (Cocaine/Opium, 2+ hrs w/o = -4 to all rolls)
Weapons: None

Abilities: Ace Pilot (+2 when dealing with any aircraft piloting or piloting-related rolls), Hard-Boiled (x2 Hit Points)
Flaw: Gambler (-2 to Grit rolls to resist)
Weapons: Colt .45 (2d4 damage), Balisong (1d4 damage)

Languages: English, Maltese
Abilities: Sailor, Handsome
Flaw: Code of Honor
Weapons: Steyr M1912 pistol (1d6 damage)

Nationality: Norwegian
Languages: Norwegian, English, German, French, Tagalog, Chinese (Cantonese)
Abilities: High Pain Tolerance, Polyglot (3)
Flaw: Paranoia
Weapons: Welrod (stats as per Walther P38, 6 shots), Trench Knife

Languages: English, Chinese (Cantonese)
Abilities: Danger Sense, High Pain Threshold
Flaw: Condescending
Weapons: S&W .38 (1d6 damage), pocketknife (1d4 damage)

(I don't know if anyone else has noticed but only Anderson can speak to Von Speculum as Herr Doktor speaks only Deutsch.)

Edit: updated Anderson's languages to show Cantonese per Raleel Raleel.

Last edited:
Nationality: Australian
Languages: English, Tagalog
Abilities: Pugilist, High pain tolerance
Weapons: .45 pistol, Bowie knife

Abilities: Grease Monkey, Born at the Wheel
Weapons: None (?)

Abilities: Swordsman (fencing, +2 bonus to use a sword), Silver Tongue (+2 to convince)
Flaw: Hard of Hearing (-2 Perception rolls related to hearing)
Weapons: Sword cane (fencing sword concealed in cane, 2d4 damage)

Nationality: Irish
Languages: English, Irish Gaelic, and ?
Abilities: Hard-Boiled, Silver-Tongued Flaw: One-Armed
Weapons: Pocketknife, Broomhandle Mauser

Nationality: German
Languages: German
Abilities: Doctor (+2 to medicine stuff), Wealthy
Flaw: Addict (Cocaine/Opium, 2+ hrs w/o = -4 to all rolls)
Weapons: None

Abilities: Ace Pilot (+2 when dealing with any aircraft piloting or piloting-related rolls), Hard-Boiled (x2 Hit Points)
Flaw: Gambler (-2 to Grit rolls to resist)
Weapons: Colt .45 (2d4 damage), Balisong (1d4 damage)

Languages: English, Maltese
Abilities: Sailor, Handsome
Flaw: Code of Honor
Weapons: Steyr M1912 pistol (1d6 damage)

Nationality: Norwegian
Languages: Norwegian, English, German, French, Tagalog, Chinese (Cantonese)
Abilities: High Pain Tolerance, Polyglot (3)
Flaw: Paranoia
Weapons: Welrod (stats as per Walther P38, 6 shots), Trench Knife

Languages: English, Chinese (Cantonese)
Abilities: Danger Sense, High Pain Threshold
Flaw: Condescending
Weapons: S&W .38 (1d6 damage), pocketknife (1d4 damage)

(I don't know if anyone else has noticed but only Anderson can speak to Von Speculum as Herr Doktor speaks only Deutsch.)

Edit: updated Anderson's languages to show Cantonese per Raleel Raleel.
You forgot Mickey "Mick" O'Connor*, (AsenRG's) fistfighter extraordinaire:smile:!
Nationality: Irish, but has been mistaken for a Jew, based on some details.
Languages: English, something** that sounds like Irish (but nobody has been able to confirm it).
Stats: 7B8648
Abilities: Pugilist, Knockout Artist
Flaw: Obsession (Find Missing Girlfriend)***
Weapons: Broomhandle gun and 3 magazines.

Description:
Cold-eyed Mick O'Connor was a sailor on a Swedish schooner, a bouncer in Hawai (where he perfected his wrestling), a cop in Shanghai (briefly, but he picked up a few tricks there and acquired a scar or two, which were returned with benefits), a sailor on a Brazilian-flagged cruise ship a.k.a. pleasure barge, a circus athlete (never tell him he was a clown!), and a host of other stuff...until he settled in Southeast Asia, opening a convenience store that the locals seem to like. Tourists also adore it...especially those that are lookin' for under-the-counter stuff.
Of course, the local police regularly sweeps him for bribes. But that's fine. It's the other stuff that he's selling from behind that counter - and which he doesn't mention to tourists - that makes it more than lucrative.
But lately, he's getting the bug to venture into the unknown again...

*'Cuz if you're a mick anyway, you might as well really be Mick!
**Can I have something like "totally unknown variant of Gaellic Irish" that's of no mechanical consequence, nor of any use in the campaign:devil:?
**What happens if he overcomes that? Do I get to pick "In Debt", instead:tongue:?

Last edited:
Are female NPCs called Babes, Gals or Dames?

Duh, forgot about Broads!

Last edited:
If you or someone else gets the time before I do adding prime skills/profession and weapon(s) would be handy.

Incidentally I have failed to read the equipment rules but Boy would ideally have a sawed off shotgun and a supped up vehicle
As far as the sawed off, check out the Ithaca Auto and Burglar. Its, or its stats fit that.
I definitely need to add rules for supping up a vehicle. As I said before this rules set was originally written with a 1930's setting. Featuring a lot of aircraft. Think Tales of the Gold Monkey combined with Crimson Skies. That has rules for modifying aircraft. I will have to cook up the same for ground vehicle. (I guess watercraft as well, maybe?)

Mick is so manly he's from Traveller. Eat FGMP Nazi bastards!
I think that in the 50ies, they've already eaten...pretty much all they could handle, and more:smile:.
Also, Traveller's shorthand is actually easier to use when you get used to it.

I think the answer is "yes".

Depending on your character I would say so. If your blue collar from the Chicago area you may lean towards the term broad. Mind you I'm all for keeping in the parlance of the time. But don't take it as a license to be insulting/racist to people. People in real life that is.

Also, Traveller's shorthand is actually easier to use when you get used to it
Yeah it's nice and compact. Especially for worlds, you can go to the Traveller map site and just read off the codes and imagine what kind of world would satisfy those stats, it really gets the imagination going.

Depending on your character I would say so. If your blue collar from the Chicago area you may lean towards the term broad. Mind you I'm all for keeping in the parlance of the time. But don't take it as a license to be insulting/racist to people. People in real life that is.
Are NPCs "people in real life", though:smile:?

Mind, I I suspect Mick might be tempted to call the Doctor some ethnic slurs. After all, he was in the war, and he probably has lots of, ahem, synonims for "Deutsh" that I wouldn't use today.
Yeah it's nice and compact. Especially for worlds, you can go to the Traveller map site and just read off the codes and imagine what kind of world would satisfy those stats, it really gets the imagination going.
That, and I was rewriting Mick for a 3rd time when I noticed I'd deleted the stats. No way was I going to type the stat names again:grin:!
An UPP was good enough, though.

Are NPCs "people in real life", though:smile:?

Mind, I I suspect Mick might be tempted to call the Doctor some ethnic slurs. After all, he was in the war, and he probably has lots of, ahem, synonims for "Deutsh" that I wouldn't use today.

That, and I was rewriting Mick for a 3rd time when I noticed I'd deleted the stats. No way was I going to type the stat names again:grin:!
An UPP was good enough, though.
I'm just saying don't use it as an excuse to be a douchebag. I really doubt anyone here would though.

So... as for equipment, I sorta don't mind letting the GM decide for me whatever else is on my person -- beyond my drugs and maybe a med kit. Apparently wealth ability means nigh-anything is on the table, which is as cray-cray as the hard addict penalties, so this'll be (I assume) a light-hearted romp where the rules of cinematic cool preside. :smile: Which means I will play up the cray-cray to whatever pulp dial the GM is interested in. :shade: Just give me a heads up when you want to tone down the crazy!

Ronin Ronin

I hate making awkward "Hey guys, can I play too?" posts but two-fisted pulp adventure happens to be my favorite genre. I've never done PbP but I am extremely interested in this campaign. No worries if you guys are full.

Less full and more on hold.

Ronin Ronin

I hate making awkward "Hey guys, can I play too?" posts but two-fisted pulp adventure happens to be my favorite genre. I've never done PbP but I am extremely interested in this campaign. No worries if you guys are full.
I dunno, man, we're pretty far along and have a really fast posting rate...can you keep up? Have you read the whole thread?
giphy-36.gif

Less full and more on hold.

I dunno, man, we're pretty far along and have a really fast posting rate...can you keep up? Have you read the whole thread?
Thanks for the reply. I had mistakenly assumed you guys took the conversation off site. Like I said, never done PbP so I am not sure of the etiquette or how things work.

Brock Savage Brock Savage, I don't know when or if Ronin Ronin will pick up the reins, but we also have Traveller, Boot Hill, OD&D, and The Thirteen Moons of Shamballa available.

(If Ronin Ronin's game doesn't pick up again and one of those other ones winds down, I might offer up a similarly themed "Men's Adventure" game using Justice Inc., Daredevils, or GURPS Cliffhangers. System knowledge is not a prerequisite for participation.)

I'm not sure if or when the game will resume. Life keeps trying to hit me in the satchel with a stick. So I'm not ready to continue. Which I feel bad about. I feel like I'm letting all of you folks that joined down. But if I'm not 100% on the whole situation. Then I will definitely let you folks and myself down. I cannot do that to you all. Too awesome of a crew.

I'm not sure if or when the game will resume. Life keeps trying to hit me in the satchel with a stick. So I'm not ready to continue. Which I feel bad about. I feel like I'm letting all of you folks that joined down. But if I'm not 100% on the whole situation. Then I will definitely let you folks and myself down. I cannot do that to you all. Too awesome of a crew.
No worries! That big check you sent me made up for any hard feelings. :money:

No worries, man:smile:. RL should come first.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back