Men's Adventure Game

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Mick nods enthusiastically, confirming whatever Karl is saying...and covertly prepares his "street" guard.

Pete's looking for his or another vehicle that might fit the motley band. He'll start it up and be ready to get them all out of here
You find a jeepney outside
images

There are no keys so it will have to be hotwired. fairly easy to do.
roll 2d6+2 you need to roll a seven or better.

The Leader responding in a mixture of Tagalog and english. "You little white lilies think your so tough. We fought the Japs when you ran away. Now we fight you, and watch you run away. Again."
Get them!
(Everyone fighting go ahead and give me an initiative roll)
roll 2d6+Deft Bonus

You find a jeepney outside
images

There are no keys so it will have to be hotwired. fairly easy to do.
roll 2d6+2 you need to roll a seven or better.
Pete gets to work hot-wiring the car and has it running in no time. (3+4+2=9>7)

Init 6+1 (+1) = 8

Charles continues his unstable drunken posture leaning against the wall for support. He will wave off whichever of the thugs comes at him implying, I don't want to fight and starts looking through his pockets for some cash.

If the thug pauses he holds out up some cash at head height, then when the thug is distracted by the money he lets go with a vicious knee or kick to the balls.

If the thug doesn't look like he is going to stop when he holds up his hands, he will instead try to roll with the initial attack as best as he can.

Sully swings the (full) beer bottle at the head of the first thug that comes into reach.

Roll: 7 (1+4+2)

Karl stands at the notion he’s a coward. He’s lost too many men and killed too many Nazis to take it sitting down!

Initiative: 9
(
Signature: 80456e6c60a4e1d5e92186ab2c29694adaca49f9e9b736cc4df3116b6bd44ef1
To verify: http://www.pbegames.com/verify/
)

Last edited:
I rolled a 9, minus 1 equals 8. I'll need to know if I've rolled high enough to go before anyone, but as a default action, Sam would definitely attack the nearest thug with his sword.

Digger looks serious now and says to the leader in Tagalog:
Pull that pig-sticker and I'll shove it up your arse.
He feints with his right and brings his lightning-quick left hook into the leader's face as he ducks. Digger follows up with a right uppercut and keeps an eye on his flanks.

He yells to his companions:

Cover my arse, mate.

9 rolled for initiative, 14 to attack.

---- Signed section - include this line ----

Results:
Results displayed via web.
Summary: Initiative

--------------------------------------------------
Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2D6, 10 per line.
Comment: Initiative

Requesting IP: 80.169.193.34

Signature: e7410fdf04fc41b8d0713e42c973c86633b9170ce98494647a3456efc811340d

Results:
Summary: Roll to attack

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2D6+3, 10 per line.
Comment: Roll to attack

Requesting IP: 80.169.193.34

Signature: a97313cf40bd4ac5731edaad66eecc7c45aa3185f0547e1bf2410e3af4dfd312

---

Last edited:
/Victor, also not fighting, laughs and dodges on up towards where Moma Rosa is resting, pitcher and two glasses in tow, long stem pipe dangling.
/Points at short beer, gin, and clean rags
:shade::drink::word: "Momma, my love, more short beer for when they are finished, and your strongest gin with cleanest rags so I can patch up what's left of their debate."

OK heres everyones initiative in order from first to last,
Thug E 12
Leader 11
Karl 9
Digger 9
Lude 9
Thug D 8
Charles 8
Rock 8
Sam 8
Sully 7

So Thug E is up first he throws a punch at Digger, he rolls an 8. (If his attack is successful, he rolls a 1 damage)

The Leader is next he attacks Karl, whipping his bayonet out and slashing all in the same move. (He appears to have a bit of skill with the blade
He rolls a 6. (If his attack is successful, he rolls a 3 damage)

(Just realised to myself that opposed rolls in a play by post that people may not post in more than once a day is kind of a pain:tongue:. Should I just roll out all the attack for the thugs and a defense to be used if necessary and we will just all piece it together as we go?))

(Just realised to myself that opposed rolls in a play by post that people may not post in more than once a day is kind of a pain:tongue:. Should I just roll out all the attack for the thugs and a defense to be used if necessary and we will just all piece it together as we go?))
[I don't mind you making any rolls necessary to move things along faster. Another option is for us to make multiple rolls for contingencies. That's what I've been doing in the OD&D and Traveller games.]

[I don't mind you making any rolls necessary to move things along faster. Another option is for us to make multiple rolls for contingencies. That's what I've been doing in the OD&D and Traveller games.]
OK that makes sense to me. I'm gonna roll up all the other thugs rolls, and post the two that have attacked defense rolls if they need them.

OK heres everyones initiative in order from first to last,
Thug E 12
Leader 11
Karl 9
Digger 9
Lude 9
Thug D 8
Charles 8
Rock 8
Sam 8
Sully 7
Thug B 6
Thug C 6
Thug A 5

So Thug E is up first he throws a punch at Digger, he rolls an 8. (If his attack is successful, he rolls a 1 damage)

The Leader is next he attacks Karl, whipping his bayonet out and slashing all in the same move. (He appears to have a bit of skill with the blade
He rolls a 6. (If his attack is successful, he rolls a 3 damage)

Thug E defense roll is 8
Leader defense roll is 9

Thug D attacks Charles with a kick rolls 11, rolls 1 damage. Defense roll 8

Thug B attacks Sully with a beer bottle rolls 8, rolls 3 damage. Defense roll 8

Thug C attacks rock throwing a beer bottle rolls 11 (No defense, roll on rocks part as it is a ranged attack) does 1 damage. Defense roll 6

Thug A attacks Sam with a punch rolls 8, rolls 2 damage. Defense roll 2

[Who did Thug C attack?]

Rock watches with a keen eye, mirthful, but ready to fire his .45 if any of the thugs get out of hand, i.e., resort to knives or other deadly weapons. "Say, Mama Rosa, the floor show is making me thirsty. Howzabout another beer?"

Last edited:
OK that makes sense to me. I'm gonna roll up all the other thugs rolls, and post the two that have attacked defense rolls if they need them.
OK, so should we make defense rolls against the above attacks, and then go ahead and make our attack rolls? Imma gonna go ahead and do that for now; yell if you want me to do something different ...
My defense roll is 4. That's not great ... Assuming I apply Deftness mod of -1, it's actually a 3. Hmm ...
My attack roll is 10. That's much better. Also, assuming Brawn modifier, that's +0; then also +2 for Swordsman. So 12 total. I'll go ahead and roll damage, in case it's a hit: I rolled a 5. Again, assuming Brawn, +0.

Thug E defense roll is 8
Leader defense roll is 9

Thug D attacks Charles with a kick rolls 11, rolls 1 damage. Defense roll 8

Thug B attacks Sully with a beer bottle rolls 8, rolls 3 damage. Defense roll 8

Thug C attacks rock throwing a beer bottle rolls 11 (No defense, roll on rocks part as it is a ranged attack) does 1 damage. Defense roll 6

Thug A attacks Sam with a punch rolls 8, rolls 2 damage. Defense roll 2

Now, this gets a bit convoluted, but here are the rolls

Digger's defence against Thug E is 10, which is successful
Digger's riposte against Thug E is 14, which is (presumably) successful, doing 1 damage.

Digger was originally going to attack the Leader, but as Thug E has interfered, he redirects the attack against Thug E. Digger's original attack roll (from above) was 14. This beats Thug E's defence roll of 8 and does 2 damage. Thug E has taken 3 damage in total unless there are damage bonuses from Brawn and Pugilist.

Edit: Looks like I do add brawn bonus to damage, so the damage rolls are 2 and 3 respectively for a total of 5.

The inference is that the riposte gives a free attack if the opponent misses, in addition to the main attack. Is the riposte opposed or just required to hit a target value? If opposed, then Thug E will need a defence roll for it.
I presume bonuses from brawn and pugilist apply to defence rolls.
Does the pugilist ability or Brawn bonus of +1 ave any effect on the damage of the punches?

Results:
Summary: Defence against Thug E

Roll One
Generating 1 rolls of 2D6+3, 1 per line.
Comment: Defence

Roll Two
Generating 1 rolls of 2D6+3, 1 per line.
Comment: Riposte against Thug E (if applicable)

Roll Three
Generating 1 rolls of 1D2, 1 per line.
Comment: Damage from riposte

Roll Four
Generating 1 rolls of 1D2, 1 per line.
Comment: Damage from attack

Requesting IP: 86.157.25.20

Signature: 71dbe6808e6996766226b56ccc66816ecc0d81ea3db7c2adec4532cfeb2787d7

---

Last edited:
OOC
Feel free to make rolls for me when it helps to speed things along.

it is a little confusing following the rules and both threads, but If I'm understanding correctly Thug D and Charles both rolled an 8 for initiative, so simultaneous actions? Then I need to make an attack and defense roll?

If I have that right

Attack 9

Defense 8

Damage (1d4 kick to the nads) 4

Brawn 7 so no bonuses.

Defense Roll for Sully - 9 (6+3)

Attack Roll for Sully - 4 (3+1) (Not a riposte, just for when my turn comes around)

Damage - 1 (Assuming Beer Bottles do d4 damage)

Initiative [2d6+3] = 8+3 = 11
Punch Thug [2d6+2] = 4+2 = 6 (or or +5 if it is Deftness-based)
Defence [2d6+5] = 8+5 = 13

Puggilist Counterattack [2d6+5] = 7+5 = 12
I'm not sure whether my punches are Str or Deftness-based, given that Mick does have the correct body mechanics. I'd say as a compromise, attacking could be Str-based, while countering due to Pugillist should be Deftness?
It almost doesn't matter what he rolls for damage...but remember, his enemy needs to save against a Knockout Artist:grin:!

"Me, running? Hell no! I fought the Jap's German allies in Europe!", Mick objects, swinging at the head of the thug...but his hook was kinda short.
Then he parries the bayonett before the guy can swing properly, slamming his elbow in the man's wrist, and then extending his forearm to keep it at bay - while at the same time his hand goes for a palm-up straight/jolt at his chin. A strike like this doesn't require much power, especially when the enemy is moving to close in...the body and elbow movements, Mick knows, count for a lot more!

Last edited:
"Blades? Isn't it a bit early for blades?", Karl snarks in Tagalog as he whips out his trench knife from his waist sheath.

Karl Defends at 6, and ties. ties go to defender. Damage 2, assuming this applies

<I didn't see any modifiers for my combat, so no idea what applies here>

On seeing the bayonet being drawn on Karl, Lude takes a shot at the leader.

OOC: Got 11, 9 if he counts as moving. Damage is 6

If Karl has any trouble defending himself, I'll shoot the lead thug with my .45.

:shade::drink:
/pours three glass of short beer from the pitcher, sidles one along the bar to thirsty Rock, picks up two poured glasses, leans in and offers one to Moma Rosa
:shade::drink::word: "Do you make all the boys flirt like so under your glow, sweet Moma Rosa?" gesturing at the melee behind.

(Again I apologize for my lack of posting)
Thug E attack and misses Digger. Who immediately punches back and knocks him out.

Mick punches Thug C with an attack of 6, thug rolls 5 for defense. So is struck and takes 4 damage. But makes his Grit roll.

Karl dodges the bayonet wielded by the Leader. (Sorry unless you have pugilist or swordsman, or some similar ability, no riposte)

Karl, Digger, and Lude act.
Karl (did not make an attack roll, sorry that's my bad I should have prompted you. Especially everyone being new to this system and all.)
Digger (What I said above)
Lude shoots the leader dead center in the chest dropping him like a sack of potatoes, stone dead.

That brings us to Charles, Rock, Sam, and Thug D
Charles kicks (successfully, the Thug rolling a lower defense) the thug in the nuts, as the Thug tries to kick him, failing. (Thugs defense roll did not beat Charles attack roll) He takes damage, but remains standing.

Sam slices Thugs A belly open. He falls to the ground in shock, passing out.

Rock, stands by. (Again this is my fault I should have been a better proactive poster.)

Sully attacks Thug B with a beer bottle. The Thugs roll is less than Sully's attack roll. Sully inflicts 1 damage. The Thug makes his Grit roll and is still with it.

That leaves Thugs B, and C.

Thug C attacks Mick who deftly evades his attack.

Thug B attacks Sully who dodges his feeble attack.

That leaves Leader, Thug A, and Thug E dead or down.

Thug B, C, and D still up and around.
Not looking forward to getting dispatched like their friends they run and jump out the windows on the east side. Thug D gutting himself on the glass as he does. Crumpling into a bloody pile outside.

Lude looks sadly at the blood stained glass while preparing his next smoke.

"A pity, they could have escaped this fate"

He strolls outside to get a better look at the man who cut himself, in case he lives.

Rock goes outside with Lude and nudges the corpse with his boot to make sure he's dead.

Pete backs the car up preparing to run over any thug exiting the bar.

Sam wipes his blade clean before return it to its cane scabbard, and follows Lude and Rock.

Charles heads over to the bar and leaves a healthy tip, "sorry about the mess, I guess those boys can't hold their beer" He then continues out the door catching up with the others.

Karl looks over at Lude with a sidelong glance, "and definitely too early for pistols". He quickly rifles through the pockets of the leader, hoping to find some ID. Might be coincidence they found him in this bar, but someone might be on to him.

Putting his bottle back on the table with a solid click, Sully reaches into his pocket for some coins to pay his tab. Swapping them for the bottle, he opens it on the counter-top and saunters outside.

:hehe::word: "Hah, volunteers for my practice!"
/gets out med kit and treats Thug A (indoors) first, then Thug D (outside). Will dose with opium if triage says they are saveable. Assumes Thug E will come to and be no real threat.

/to his buddies in the car/bar, hoping someone will translate.
:hmmm::word: "Hey, assholes, why you break our toys so soon? You climax too fast. Maybe we come back and keep these if I can save their lives." /winks at Moma Rosa "I take my time instead, like a gentleman, my dear."

Digger shouts after the retreating thugs:
Come back and fight like a man! If you weren't such a pack of limp-wristed nancy boys you might be able to throw a punch!

Then he turns to the leader on the ground
I told you if you drew that pig-sticker I'd shove it up your arse - but it's a bit late for that now.

Then to the rest of the party:
'Strewth mate, yer gun's made a bloody racket. Better make ourselves scarce before the Jacks turn up.'
19th-early 20th century Australian slang term for police.

Then he trots out the door after the others leaving and looks for our ride.

Last edited:
Pete sees the guys leaving the bar.
"Git in fellas! I found us a ride!"

Pete sees the guys leaving the bar.
"Git in fellas! I found us a ride!"
Digger joins Pete in the Jeepney and shouts back into the bar:
'Come on fellas! Rattle yer dags!'

Dags are accumulated shit sticking to the wool around a sheep's arse. When running the dags will rattle together.

Pulling whatever he could from the leader, he flips the money to the barkeep.

Sorry about the mess. These guys just can't hold their liquor!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back