Merry Christmas!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Happy Christmas from Indonesia, where Christmas is pretty much a non-event.

The hotel is putting on some sort of Christmas dinner shindig, which we may attend as attempts to go out to dinner with two pre-school children are thus far proving to be a disaster.

On the plus side, fans plus bubble wands are proving to be a hit.

[ . . . ]
I'm not actually a christmas person at all, but this year I'm feeling a little spirit.
Protip: Brandy is the traditional Christmas spirit - taken in quantity it helps to get through the process.

My Lazy PC approach is to buy an ex-lease Z series workstation.[1] Add a SSD and/or gaming video card as appropriate and install Windows from the vendor's installation media, which can usually be obtained by some research on the part number. These machines have nice fit and finish so you can work on them without barking your knuckles and they're reasonably cheap on the ex-lease market. They also use good quality components as they're designed to put into roles with SLAs.

For laptops, ex-lease X, T or W series Thinkpads as they're by far the best value for money in a laptop.
1 - A Z2xx series if you want a compact machine or a Z4xx if you want a gaming box. It's been more than a decade since I've had occasion to buy a two socket machine although you could use a Z8xx series machine for high-end gaming cards as they have monster power supplies.

Last edited:
End of day one of the three day Christmas event. Tired but happy. The kids had fun. Wife is happy and now that the presents are out I get my office back.

Merry Christmas all!

Mmm mashed potatoes.

Protip: Brandy is the traditional Christmas spirit - taken in quantity it helps to get through the process.

My Lazy PC approach is to buy an ex-lease Z series workstation.[1] Add a SSD and/or gaming video card as appropriate and install Windows from the vendor's installation media, which can usually be obtained by some research on the part number. These machines have nice fit and finish so you can work on them without barking your knuckles and they're reasonably cheap on the ex-lease market. They also use good quality components as they're designed to put into roles with SLAs.

For laptops, ex-lease X, T or W series Thinkpads as they're by far the best value for money in a laptop.
1 - A Z2xx series if you want a compact machine or a Z4xx if you want a gaming box. It's been more than a decade since I've had occasion to buy a two socket machine although you could use a Z8xx series machine for high-end gaming cards.

my cousin is well stocked with liquor. It’s a requirement. I even have rum for the egg nog, as requested.

the computer is a training gig for the son. Next one he does himself With just some guidance :smile:

my particular favorite Christmas song.

i should probably go down and put in the caramel rolls and put on the coffee

my particular favorite Christmas song.

i should probably go down and put in the caramel rolls and put on the coffee

Right behind you buddy

On the one hand, this looks like a talent show at a retirement home. On the other hand, Halford's gotta be pushing 70, good for him. This is the gay reindeer Christmas song you never knew you needed.

daily-morning-awesomeness-36-photos-604-17-1.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back