Mignolaverse

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The new art for the slipcase is being released as a signed print limited to 300 copies from Dark Horse Direct:

DH Direct Hellboy Art Print.png

The thicker the comic, the more annoying it is to read. Especially if it's a two-page spread.

The thicker the comic, the more annoying it is to read. Especially if it's a two-page spread.

Thickness doesn't have anything to do with it, it''s binding. With the correct binding, a 2000 page brick will lay flat

Oh man, that’s awesome. I hope it’s not too crazy expensive.

Individual volumes are only around $20 or less, so I imagine it will be under a hundred - my guess around $70-75, cheaper on sales

I've not bothered with the omnibus editions because I have the library editions, but this will probably snare me just to have some easy reading copies when I don't want to lug around a 5lb oversized hardcover

20 minutes till the new Hellboy KS drops...

ten until I start hitting refresh on KS constantly

Funny timing, finally got a copy of Koshchei the Deathless, Crimson Lotus and Rise of the Black Flame yesterday.

I'll be interested in your reaction to them.
I want to do a long post about the Mignolaverse soon. I've been rereading a good bit to tie various aspects together and just want to present the overall setting as I currently see it for correction and discussion.

My opinions on the comics will be part of that. I think the format heavily affects this. I notice a big split in how much people enjoyed Abe Sapien depending on whether they followed it as it was released or read it in omnibus form.

It's funny the way he just dies in the first story and you only come to appreciate how major a figure he is later. Then after reading the later stories it becomes hard to imagine that "Trevor Bruttenholm" just gets killed by a frogman. Not a criticism of the story, just more it's interesting how it's presented.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back