Moderation Criticisms

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. At the very least I've changed my opinion over time on similar games, and discussion has been a factor in that.
I've changed my opinion on dissimilar games as well. And I don't think this depends on whether the discussion was over similar games or not.

Ladybird

TRAHR
Reaction score
To be fair, you can calculate both when a woman’s anus rips into her vagina, and when a man’s anus rips into his scrotum. Males in the game generally don’t have hymen resistance though or menstruation and pregnancy, so women get stuck with those.
I've been wondering whether the +5 modifier to a male's anal circumference roll is a balancing method, as they don't get to roll on the vaginal circumference table at all.
For a game that goes into incredible detail on real world diseases, and measures every possible sexual characteristic (although I guess testicle size/volume and semen volume are missing) venereal diseases seem to be overlooked. That’s probably a good thing.
You could probably house-rule something; taking 3.7ml as the base for an average-height human male, modify that by how far the ejaculator's race / gender average height is away from average human male height. Take that as the character's Base Ejaculate Quantity (BEQ) at puberty; this decreases by 25% for each age category above that. Then finally modify by the character's manhood modifier to get their Adjusted Average Load (AAL).

For every 10% difference between their AAL and the standard BEQ for an average member of their race, they get a +/-1 modifier to their Sperm Count check when trying to impregnate a fertile woman.

i need a real hobby.

Paragon

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I've changed my opinion on dissimilar games as well. And I don't think this depends on whether the discussion was over similar games or not.

Everybody's different, but if you've been usefully informed by contrasting games with very different basic premises (rather than just hearing about them in general from the inside) I've got to say I don't think that's typical.

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Reaction score
I've been wondering whether the +5 modifier to a male's anal circumference roll is a balancing method, as they don't get to roll on the vaginal circumference table at all.

You could probably house-rule something; taking 3.7ml as the base for an average-height human male, modify that by how far the ejaculator's race / gender average height is away from average human male height. Take that as the character's Base Ejaculate Quantity (BEQ) at puberty; this decreases by 25% for each age category above that. Then finally modify by the character's manhood modifier to get their Adjusted Average Load (AAL).

For every 10% difference between their AAL and the standard BEQ for an average member of their race, they get a +/-1 modifier to their Sperm Count check when trying to impregnate a fertile woman.

i need a real hobby.
I feel this also needs an anime supplement with rules for bukkake.

Gabriel

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I take it back. FATAL is not the ultimate bestest RPG. It doesn't have rules for dating.

(old RPGnet exchange)
(old poster): "You've made the DATE RAPE RPG??!!!!"
(creator of FATAL): "That's not true. FATAL has no rules for dating."

HYBRID fails at the ultimate RPG as well. Basing your rules on the Anna Nicole Smith Show is stupid, especially when everyone knows the true source of all verifiable scientific knowledge is:

airwolf.jpg

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Everybody's different, but if you've been usefully informed by contrasting games with very different basic premises (rather than just hearing about them in general from the inside) I've got to say I don't think that's typical.
I sincerely hope you're wrong:thumbsup:.

Paragon

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I sincerely hope you're wrong:thumbsup:.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but--why? Why is that not being useful to most people a problem? I'm not saying people can't change their mind about games from hearing about them, just that "We're now going to compare GURPS to Cortex Prime" isn't usually a useful way for them to do that, in contrast to hearing discussion of them in general or in contrast to other more closely related games.

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Not to put too fine a point on it, but--why? Why is that not being useful to most people a problem? I'm not saying people can't change their mind about games from hearing about them, just that "We're now going to compare GURPS to Cortex Prime" isn't usually a useful way for them to do that, in contrast to hearing discussion of them in general or in contrast to other more closely related games.
Because that presumes that people are so set in their ways that anything that's more than a marginal deviation provokes an immediate rejection? And frankly, I'd like to believe better things about the humans.

Paragon

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Because that presumes that people are so set in their ways that anything that's more than a marginal deviation provokes an immediate rejection? And frankly, I'd like to believe better things about the humans.

I don't see how that follows. It doesn't require a comparison of any sort for people to change their minds, so how is "Comparing GURPS to Cortex Prime" any more useful than "Talking about Cortex Prime" in that regard? Its the comparison I'm not seeing the benefit of, because its like comparing french toast to prime rib; they're both foods, but otherwise they're so dissimilar you might as well just talk about their virtues separately.

Endless Flight

Swo Master
Administrator
Reaction score
If I were to troll the whole online RPG community, I would put “old school storytelling game” somewhere on the cover and then inside fill it with Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo pin-up art and mention “the fiction” a bunch of times. I would use D&D 3.5 too. Cover all my bases.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Reaction score
If I were to troll the whole online RPG community, I would put “old school storytelling game” somewhere on the cover and then inside fill it with Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo pin-up art and mention “the fiction” a bunch of times. I would use D&D 3.5 too. Cover all my bases.

And somehow I bet it would still turn out better than Champions Now...

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I don't see how that follows. It doesn't require a comparison of any sort for people to change their minds, so how is "Comparing GURPS to Cortex Prime" any more useful than "Talking about Cortex Prime" in that regard? Its the comparison I'm not seeing the benefit of, because its like comparing french toast to prime rib; they're both foods, but otherwise they're so dissimilar you might as well just talk about their virtues separately.
Well, obviously I don't manage to explain it...and in the end, is it worth the effort? I think not.
Don’t do it, you will be disappointed! :-)
You're quite right:thumbsup:!

That's totally it. It's not interesting enough to be controversial; it doesn't go anywhere near far enough to be offensive. All the iffy stuff is just... there.
First time I hear that FATAL doesn't go far enough...:grin:

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com