Moderator Additions For 2023

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Flight

I have the power!
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, so I’ve decided that we are going to add two moderators to the RPG area of the forum. These two moderators will report to Black Leaf and Baulderstone. If you would be interested in this role, I have some unwritten qualifications for what we look for:

• You should be a member of the Pub for at least one year.

• You should be somebody who is a daily active participant. I’m not looking at post counts per se, just someone who shows daily activity.

• You have to be able to take other moderators opinions in consideration if there is a disagreement amongst yourselves on any issues that come up. Although many times you have to make a call on the spot, many times the staff huddles up and decides what the best course of action should be.

• You must be even-keeled and slow to anger. Grudges against members are not tolerated while performing mod duties. In these situations, it would be best to pass the issue to another moderator or super moderator.

• You should have a passing knowledge in what would be considered political due to our one rule. This doesn’t exclusively mean US politics. If you don’t know for sure, flag it and ask another moderator.

• Finally, less is more. We don’t need somebody who cracks down on members for mistakes. Everyone makes them, even moderators!

If you are interested, please reply to this thread. Tristram and I will look at each candidate and then make a decision with any additional input from Baulderstone and Black Leaf.

Thank you!

I'm willing to take up the job if no one else shows any interest. For what it's worth, I've been slowly getting more active again and aiming to avoid the long absences of the past.

I'm more than happy to volunteer, this place has been an oasis for me of fun threads and geekyness and if there's anything I can do to help keep it running and lay the smackdown on scammers, I will.

Sounds like a good set of requirements to me. Although I visit every day, I don't post every day. Sometimes I just don't have much to say. I really greatly enjoy this place. I'll leave judgments of my suitability to y'all.

I would happily mod if mods are needed. I'm pretty sure I'm on the site enough anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back