Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Is that the 25th Anniversary Edition or yet another special edition?

So, I take it no old Anakin Jedi ghost... Well, apart from that, the special edition of Empire didn't bother me that much; the added wampa scenes were actually fun.

It’s probably the newest 4K remaster that Lucas did before he sold to Disney, but in essence it’s the 1997 special edition.

Looks like The Mandolin season 2 could be quite good. I'm liking referring to the Jedi as old sorcerers. Hopefully they do more with that.

Looks like The Mandolin season 2 could be quite good. I'm liking referring to the Jedi as old sorcerers. Hopefully they do more with that.
And the rumours of Pedro Pascal walking off the set half way through filming, never to return. Hopefully they aren't true.

And the rumours of Pedro Pascal walking off the set half way through filming, never to return. Hopefully they aren't true.
Not to worry. I heard they already recast the lead and are going in a whole new direction focusing on a Corellian Imperial Army deserter in Season 2.
lgJVzf1600623859~2.png

Not to worry. I heard they already recast the lead and are going in a whole new direction focusing on a Corellian Imperial Army deserter in Season 2.
I just watched the Community episode where Abed couldn't decide if Nic Cage is a genius or an diot. I'd love to see him in a Star Wars production. After all, the guy is my favourite guitarist, why not try acting, too?

1600626475555.png

Don't know how many people saw this on TV (if they watch broadcast TV) these last few weeks, but I found the extended version of this commercial--I could post in both Star Wars and Star Trek threads but this seems to get the most memes, so.

d16a9544565e21bc4ecd6fa146908a1b.jpg

I have conversations about Star Wars with people pretty regularly and despite my sour feelings about the last installment of the sequel trilogy, I feel like I’m at peace with the whole thing. Sort of like it’s out of my hands and it’s not perfect and never has been and never will be, so what am I gonna do? I just distill the franchise down to the core ideas of what Lucas was trying to do almost fifty years ago when he started to write it. I get excited just thinking back on everything that’s happened over that time period and how it’s just a phenomenon that really will outlive each individual movie, good or bad. I’ve always been thrilled to be a Star Wars fan and I still laugh at these prequel memes. The prequels never ruined my childhood. The sequels didn’t ruin the characters. I just have always lived it.

Yeah the existence of Rogue One, Solo and the Mandalorian have given me hope that there is still life in this franchise yet.

Basically I’m just sick as shit of Jedi stuff. I really hope that they don’t overdo that in season 2 of the Mandalorian...

It's... Sorta true? I believe that they reconciled and now he's going to be nothing more than a Voice Actor for the character. And he's happy about that, less traveling for him, and not having to be in the suit, which was the bone of contention. At least that's what the rumours were saying. Not sure how true they are.

But really? Who cares? Almost everyone watches the show for Baby Yoda, and/or Cara Dune.

It's... Sorta true? I believe that they reconciled and now he's going to be nothing more than a Voice Actor for the character. And he's happy about that, less traveling for him, and not having to be in the suit, which was the bone of contention. At least that's what the rumours were saying. Not sure how true they are.

But really? Who cares? Almost everyone watches the show for Baby Yoda, and/or Cara Dune.

I mean, I like them. But I like the feel of the Mandalorian more. Those rumors were subsequently debunked.

I mean, I like them. But I like the feel of the Mandalorian more. Those rumors were subsequently debunked.

The problem is that being a voice actor does NOT mean he's 'out'. All it means is that he doesn't have to be in the suit. That doesn't invalidate the rumours, but again, they're RUMOURS. All we know for a FACT is that Baby Yoda is a hit, Gina Carano is a darling who speaks her mind, and her character is another fan favourite and that there are at least 3 seasons bought.

But that has been debunked. The entire rumour was nonsense, but what does one expect when the source is a Youtuber named Doomcock?
Grace Randolph is the one who ran with it first. Also, I'm suspect of anything WeGotThisCovered puts out as they're known for putting out wild claims with no evidence.

Also, I will clarify. According to previous rumours that no one debunked yet, there is a 'shift' happening mid season. Thing is, no one knows what the fish that means. And the rumour was expounded on that Pascale DID walk off the set, but was persuaded to come back, which is why it's considered over.

The issue is that 'Shift'. No one knows what it means.

Also, Inverse claims that the 'rumour' that Rosario Dawson is playing a live action version of Asohka Tano (A character made famous the Clone Wars cartoon, the CG one) is fake, except that Space.com, Slashfilm and several others claim it's been confirmed. So I'm a little suspicious of Inverse's ability to actually fact check.

And Comicbook,com just said he's on the set more. Which doesn't imply anything. Other than he's on the set more. If the Voice recording station is on-set, then it would make sense he would there, right? Again, doesn't discount the rumour.

So why isn't Pascale not more vitriolic assuming the rumour is true (Which by the way no one has actually claimed it's true), well, if he wants to keep working in Hollywood, you don't bad mouth a former employer. Hollywood does NOT like that. Look at what happened with Josh Trank after Fan4stic, he got reduced to making commercials for a while. But again, it's a rumour, first put out by Grace Randolph, who seems to think it's true, for some reason.

In OverlordDVD's 'defense', I think he did claim it was a rumour that he couldn't independently verify, so to treat it as such. Did he say he believed it? I think so. But believing a rumour and claiming it's true are two separate things. It's a bit disingenuous to conflate them together, ne?

But that has been debunked. The entire rumour was nonsense, but what does one expect when the source is a Youtuber named Doomcock?
To be fair, that's a great name. Not sure about it as a reliable source of the bane of modern society that is celeb gossip. Which is what this whole Pedro Pascal rumour boils down to.

But epic name all the same.

The problem is that being a voice actor does NOT mean he's 'out'. All it means is that he doesn't have to be in the suit. That doesn't invalidate the rumours, but again, they're RUMOURS. All we know for a FACT is that Baby Yoda is a hit, Gina Carano is a darling who speaks her mind, and her character is another fan favourite and that there are at least 3 seasons bought.

The fact that he was on set when they said that he was doing it remote and agreed to do the voice acting because he could do so would seem to fly in the face of one of the main points of the rumor...

Is this Doomcock the same guy that said Lucas was going to replace Kennedy as president of Lucasfilm?

Is this Doomcock the same guy that said Lucas was going to replace Kennedy as president of Lucasfilm?
No. No one has actually said that. In fact, he gave reasons why he didn't think that it was going to happen. Although he did wish it would (I think or I might be remembering incorrectly), like most fans after the Disney debacle.

The fact that he was on set when they said that he was doing it remote and agreed to do the voice acting because he could do so would seem to fly in the face of one of the main points of the rumor...
Does it? The main point of the rumour was it connecting to ANOTHER rumour, that Ms. Randolf also put forth on the 'Story Shift' midway through the season. Which again, no one has debunked, mainly I assume because it's so damn vague as to what that means.

One last point: Why hasn't Disney/Lucasfilm nor Pascale denied it? They're usually quick to say that it isn't true.

Again, not saying the rumour is true but the only 'people' that are claiming that it's not true are News Sites. like The Observer

But the people who SHOULD be denying it, haven't said a thing. And that's the easiest way to deny it: Disney comes out and says, "No." Boom done!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back