Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
That's true too: the heavier your armor is, the easier others hit you.

If the fighter doesn't do anything. But almost all fighters (and by fighter I mean everyone who is using weapon in combat) are actively trying to defend themselves. Armour is there to reduce, blunt or deflect as much damage as possible, if a weapon manages to slip past your defenses. But you NEVER let a weapon past your skill, if you can help it. Even a little damage can cripple in a fight, and that can be lethal in a melee.

And of course the inclusion of the fabled "destroy your shield to block all damage from a single attack". I love that rule.

As an aside, I read one complaint about that rule meaning that the party stocked up on shields. I mean, wasn't that actually a thing, historically? Warriors bringing extra shields (and weapons) due to inevitable breakage? Seems like a cool thing to me...
Vikings brought extra shields sure, but later on, the shields were designed to last MUCH longer, because any time spent NOT killing your enemy means he has more time to KILL YOU. Never let your foe have more options to murder, that's just bad.

FYI, the official site has a PILE of FREE resources (monster stat blocks, random tables, magic items galore, even modules).

Just scroll down:

Sunn00)))? Pretty cool. They are the Gods of Doom.

Somehow missed the most recent KS. Anyway to get on board via the BackerKit? Seems the most affordable way to also get the hardcopy rules and Death Robot Jungle.

Somehow missed the most recent KS. Anyway to get on board via the BackerKit? Seems the most affordable way to also get the hardcopy rules and Death Robot Jungle.

You can buy the rulebook directly from the website for the same price as the KS add-on

You know, this looks really neat, but....

..." The Masticator Gate is a 8.5 inch square book "

If every Mork Borg book is a different size, that will seriously f#ck with my OCD approach to shelf candy

Is the random dungeon generator in the main Mork Borg book as tables?

Yes. Not sure if all content is in the book but the tables are there on the second to last page spread.

Mork Borg in spppppaaaaccceeeee!!!!
I suppose in retrospect we should have seen this coming - Cy Borg was just too good a play on words to leave on the table.

Also, if anybody missed the Kickstarter for Strange Citizens of the City, it is now up on DriveThru as a free download. The stretch goals, Strange Inhabitants of the Forest and Strange Visitors to the City, are also available, albeit not free.

If every Mork Borg book is a different size, that will seriously f#ck with my OCD approach to shelf candy

There has only been one size for official Mork Borg books to date, though Putrescence Regnant is an LP so that has a different form factor.

If you include all third party products you are going to get more variety though.

Mork Borg is the only product I like well enough to put up with different sized books. Mind you, I only have the core book in hard copy so its not really an issue yet.

Last edited:
There are a lot of Mork Borg zines in this year's zinequest. This one from Texas really doubles down on the gory death metal imagery.

Psalm IV:I, A Third-Party Mörk Borg Zine, via @Kickstarter

I have had Mork Borg sitting on my desk for weeks maybe months and still havent done more than flip thru the pages. My ageing eye find the gorgeous art and layout distracting. I think I need to just bite the bullet and read it on pdf.

I want to play sooooo badly, but I don't have the right people to play live with, and I don't have time to start another online game just now. I will be patient, but I'm going to grumble about it.

There are a lot of Mork Borg zines in this year's zinequest. This one from Texas really doubles down on the gory death metal imagery.

There is so much fan made Mork Borg releases, I have restricted myself to the official releases and that still provides me with more options than I can deal with :smile: Once Cy Borg is released I should be good :smile:

I have had Mork Borg sitting on my desk for weeks maybe months and still havent done more than flip thru the pages. My ageing eye find the gorgeous art and layout distracting.
I agree with you on this. I can't seem to focus on the text because I get distracted by the artwork. At the end of thumbing through the book I have no idea what I've read or how to play. :grin:

For those of you who have played it -- should I just assume that the core rulebook is actually just a collection of interesting charts and tables, or is there a "grand design" that I haven't grok'd yet? :shade:

This might help you visualise how the scenario in the book might run.

Its essentially just a OSR dark D&D fantasy RPG with a strong vibe conveyed by art and charts as much as text.

I agree with you on this. I can't seem to focus on the text because I get distracted by the artwork. At the end of thumbing through the book I have no idea what I've read or how to play. :grin:

For those of you who have played it -- should I just assume that the core rulebook is actually just a collection of interesting charts and tables, or is there a "grand design" that I haven't grok'd yet? :shade:
Oh man it's like you read my mind. Mork Bork is undeniably a gorgeous piece of work don't get me wrong but my ageing alcohol-soaked brain can't process things like when I was in my 20's reading 3 books a week.

They also KS their own HERETIC ZINE, with lots of free adventures and other content coming to the site from it as well.

I like the game and I love the aesthetic... I also backed the kickstarter. As OP said there are some cool resources out there for it too.

That said, I'm somewhat perplexed why it's so highly regarded. It's good for sure, but it's not that good (imo).

Because it's so fucking cool? I don't think the raw mechanics of the game are anything to write home about, but there's no denying how I felt when I read it for the first time. *shrug*

Because it's so fucking cool? I don't think the raw mechanics of the game are anything to write home about, but there's no denying how I felt when I read it for the first time. *shrug*

Hm.. I mean, I like it. I just don't rate it as highly as others. It seems to have garnered a lot of attention. Which is great for the hobby and creators and I'm happy for them. I just don't think it's amazing but it's whater you like at the end of the day.

I don't think it has much substance and as you say, the mechanics are lacklustre. I actually think something like Troika is a better and more imaginative game again that's just my opinion.

Hm.. I mean, I like it. I just don't rate it as highly as others. It seems to have garnered a lot of attention. Which is great for the hobby and creators and I'm happy for them. I just don't think it's amazing but it's whater you like at the end of the day.
Taste's differ, sure. What I like about is almost entirely the combination of fiction and art that they wrapped the minimalist rules in. Art is far more subjective than most stuff we talk about vis a vis RPGs.

I dig MB and Troika. I think it is all the extra content, particularly the adventures, that most attract me to MB, like LotFP and DCC in that regard.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back