Monsterpocalypse?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Joseph Wolz

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
So, my six year old is super into Kaiju right now. I've seen Monsterpocalypse before, but is are the minis prepainted or are they DIY models like normal?

I'm worried about doing more DIY minis because he'd probably lose interest by the time I painted them, lol.

The original ones were painted CMG's (Collectable) the new ones aren't Collectable, but you have to paint them yourself. Sadly, the plan for them seems to a sad mess. It would have made sense to just make full force box sets non-collectible pre-painted. They think the self-painted ones will be "better" looking (obviously, they've not seen my ability to paint these days, with shaky hands.) It was a fun game. But, I can't recommend it--as its not their major focus.

Check out the board game King of Tokyo too, the Kaiju are cardboard but my nephews and nieces instantly fell in love with the game.

Check out the board game King of Tokyo too, the Kaiju are cardboard but my nephews and nieces instantly fell in love with the game.
Yea, it's like combat yatzee, so it's easy to pick up. The monsters, cards, and dice are all cute.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments! I have heard of King of Tokyo, I will learn more

We've played a lot of King of Tokyo with my friends' kids and it remains the popular option. We haven't purchased any of the expansions yet either.
Still, it's not much of a wargame... compared to Monsterpocalypse or Monster Island. Having a big old Kaiju model to stomp tiny tanks with isn't on the menu.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back