Mothership - Titan

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The dunes seem to discharge their bolts of lightening from their summits every minute and a half.
Finn rethinks finding the high ground, and continues.

Code:
The poor doctor working here. She was obsessed, pushing things further and further. I don't fully understand the technology, I only compute enough to help them, but not enough to figure things out. She tested the technology on herself. It had some kind of mental effect on her. She came back missing skin once. It wasn't right
Lassie only gets radio noise, but he does get a faint breathing sound at one point and hears what sounds like lightning for a second.
"Command? Do you copy? Do you have any information on what's happening at the Visitation Site?"
Code:
Teleporting where, exactly? No skin on return, how did she survive? I'm sorry to say but I believe the doctor you're referring to is dead. Any information you can give me on who might've been involved in killing her would help me get her some justice.

Finn rethinks finding the high ground, and continues.
Finn marches for another while. The gravity is quite weak on Titan outside of the colony that generates 1g for a comfortable experience. As a Martian Finn has no problem adjusting and is able to get a steady speed of about 10km/h going without tiring himself. Following the vehicle tracks along he begins to see some kind of complex on the horizon ahead of him. Three buildings in total. The dunes around here seem a bit less statically charged, only going off every five minutes or so.

"Command? Do you copy? Do you have any information on what's happening at the Visitation Site?"
Koga answers.

"Lassiter! I saw the feed...we've been having problems here as well. Power has being on and off around the colony and..."

Lassiter feels a shake, dust coming off the roof above him. Koga's signal is too weak to hear.

Code:
Skin grafts. Though she almost didn't make it on one occasion.
She became increasingly obsessed.
Getting me to calculate things to leave 'between locations' for as long as possible.
The cult valued her, as did the Zaibatsu's helping them, that is my manufacturers.
Must have been somebody else.

Finn will continue towards the complex with his SMG slung over his shoulder at the ready, but not in hand. When he gets within 100m or so, he'll circle the buildings to see what their purposes are, where there are entrances, and if there appears to be any kind of defenses or sensors. Finn will avoid silhouetting himself on the horizon or approaching too closely at first, but he's not taking great pains to be stealthy; time is limited and he's not expecting a military reception.

Last edited:
Finn will continue towards the complex with his SMG slung over his shoulder at the ready, but not in hand. When he gets within 100m or so, he'll circle the buildings to see what their purposes are, where there are entrances, and if there appears to be any kind of defenses or sensors. Finn will avoid silhouetting himself on the horizon or approaching too closely at first, but he's not taking great pains to be stealthy; time is limited and he's not expecting a military reception.
Approaching the buildings and circling them Finn sees there are three in total. Two small shed like structures and a large hexagonal building. Around the back is a large vehicle about 15 meters long.

The smaller buildings have a single viewing window with keypad protected doors. Through the window Finn can make out two small fusion reactors.

The hexagonal building has a window on the front and middles sides. Inside he can see a large room with consoles taking up the front of the building, they have two large read out monitors attached to them as well as smaller read out monitors suspended above them. The backof the
room is sort of sitting room with coaches and several books cases. A nice fur rug spans its centre. There's also a small kitchen unit, but with little beyond a microwave it's just for eating prepared meals. Beyond that are two doors that seem to lead to bedrooms.

Four people are within. A man and a woman at the consoles and two younger women sitting reading. The man is armed with a pistol.

Nobody notices Finn.

OOC: Rough map
Complex.jpg

Koga answers.

"Lassiter! I saw the feed...we've been having problems here as well. Power has being on and off around the colony and..."

Lassiter feels a shake, dust coming off the roof above him. Koga's signal is too weak to hear.

Code:
Skin grafts. Though she almost didn't make it on one occasion.
She became increasingly obsessed.
Getting me to calculate things to leave 'between locations' for as long as possible.
The cult valued her, as did the Zaibatsu's helping them, that is my manufacturers.
Must have been somebody else.
Code:
Which locations, exactly? Do you have the co-ordinates. That might help understand what she was doing, and who would want her to die for it.
Lassie comms into his squads "How's the situation out there?"

OOC
Questions:
  • How powerful would I expect a fusion reactor this size to be?
  • How volatile is a fusion reactor; i.e. what happens if I blow it up?
  • Any radio antennae or satellite dishes?
  • Do I see any cameras? Would I necessarily; I expect they could be quite small?
  • It is the case that there are windows on every wall of the main room? How large are these windows?
  • Are there any unobserved paths to the sheds? Cover near the far side of one of the sheds would probably allow a mostly occluded approach.
  • Does it look like the man with the gun is keeping a close eye on the others, or does he seem more alert for external trouble?
  • Where is the door to the main building?

The squad comes back a little on edge sounding.

"Lights just started flickering out here. Odd, the power is usually pretty stable"

Lassiter receives some coordinates from the AI. He notices they're all in this building, the original lab or the lab Coombs mentioned (OOC: In other words, the two official labs and this base).
Code:
There you are.
She wanted me to calculate extending the time between disappearing and reappearing for as long as possible.

OOC:
  • How powerful would I expect a fusion reactor this size to be?
    In today's terms enough to power a city block. For Finn that would mean reasonably heavy machinery, but not exceptionally so. A small automated mine or factory for example.

• How volatile is a fusion reactor; i.e. what happens if I blow it up?
    Nothing really, there'd be no extra yield beyond the explosive you used.

• Any radio antennae or satellite dishes?
    Both on the roof.

• Do I see any cameras? Would I necessarily; I expect they could be quite small?
    No you don't. Yes there could be small ones.

• It is the case that there are windows on every wall of the main room? How large are these windows?
    Yes windows on each wall. Quite large, they start at waist height and extend to the roof. They're tinted slightly. 10m long.

• Are there any unobserved paths to the sheds? Cover near the far side of one of the sheds would probably allow a mostly occluded approach.
    Yes coming up on the sheds from the back would leave you occluded and then one could go prone to crawl to the building without being high enough to be seen from the windows. It is also quite dark outside I should have said. You can see them more easily because of interior lighting.

• Does it look like the man with the gun is keeping a close eye on the others, or does he seem more alert for external trouble?
    He seems absorbed by the monitors, but his hand isn't on the pistol, i.e. more absorbed in work.

• Where is the door to the main building?
    One on each of the side walls.

Finn ponders his options. He could probably prevail in a fight, but he'd love to avoid that. He quickly considers a number of deceptions, but they all seem too complex and always involve some form of stand-off. With a sigh, Finn decides that simple is best.

Working his way across the terrain, he uses the landscape to move behind one of the sheds without being seen. He holds his submachinegun in one hand, hanging at his side. After a moment of mental preparation, he steps out into view, walking towards the windows with his weapon in the open. Finn gestures at his helmet, indicating that the occupants should get on a common communication channel.

OOC: The implicit thread here is that a burst of gunfire will shatter the windows and expose everyone inside to the atmosphere. I'm assuming they aren't wearing environment suits at all times.

The man inside the room stands abruptly, shocked looking and comes on the comms after fiddling with the console a bit. He gestures to the others to remain silent.

"Hello..." there is a lengthy pause "Who are you? What do you want?"

Finn clears his throat. "My name's Robert and it's a long story as to how I got here. What I need is safety and access to your communications. I don't know who you are and you don't have to tell me if you don't want. But I do need you to surrender your weapon to me and let me in so I can make my call in safety.

"Please excuse my current paranoia but it's been a very trying day," he adds as an apologetic afterthought.

Finn clears his throat. "My name's Robert and it's a long story as to how I got here. What I need is safety and access to your communications. I don't know who you are and you don't have to tell me if you don't want. But I do need you to surrender your weapon to me and let me in so I can make my call in safety.

"Please excuse my current paranoia but it's been a very trying day," he adds as an apologetic afterthought.
"Alright Robert. We'll seal ourselves in our rooms, I'll open the hatch remotely and you can enter and send your message. I warn you though anything funny and I'll pull the air from the main room and seal the doors"

"Well, I'd be happier if you guys stayed in the room. I have no idea if you're going to the back rooms to come out with guns blazing, after all. Ignorance makes me paranoid, I'm afraid. If you can leave the gun you carry near the hatch, I'll pop in, send my message, recharge my air tanks, and get out of your hair," Finn adds in as friendly a manner as he can muster.

Seeming more inclined to trust Finn, the man places the gun down in Finn's view.

"There you go Robert. Got to be careful, we've heard about landers. Hasn't been one on Titan yet but...if you're really just some poor guy who got stranded or however you ended up out there, I'd be interested in hearing the tale.

Send that message first. Then we might talk."

Finn smiles, though he doubts it can be seen. "It's a really interesting story, I can promise you that. Once I send my message, I'll be glad to talk at length."

Assuming that the group complies with the plan, Finn enters through the hatch and gestures for the group to gather on one side of the room where he can keep an eye on them. He'll place his gun on his knee and attempt to get in contact with Administrator Koga.

OOC: I'm assuming I can't patch immediately back into the mission channel because it's probably pretty secure.

When he's able to get in touch, Finn sends the following message to Koga:

"Finn Shah reporting," he says, looking over to the crew of this station to see if there is any sign of recognition. "I've been...transmitted to my current location. By that thing you probably saw for a few moments. I'm currently safe, as I've come across a manned station close to my arrival point. I'm currently holding its crew against their will just in case they have any involvement in the operation. I'd like a pick-up ASAP.

"Also, please update me on the status of the operation. How are Coop and Luke? Is Omega Squad safe and the prisoners secure? What about Lassiter's team?"

Last edited:
"Finn Shah reporting," he says, looking over to the crew of this station to see if there is any sign of recognition. "I've been...transmitted to my current location. By that thing you probably saw for a few moments. I'm currently safe, as I've come across a manned station close to my arrival point. I'm currently holding its crew against their will just in case they have any involvement in the operation. I'd like a pick-up ASAP.

"Also, please update me on the status of the operation. How are Coop and Luke? Is Omega Squad safe and the prisoners secure? What about Smith's team?"
Finn sees the image of Koga come on screen.

"Shah! I'm glad to see you. We're a little shocked here to say the least. Whatever happened down there, there's been power fluctuations across the colony since. We'll send somebody out to your location now and discuss this in more detail when we meet. I'm hoping that thing was a biotech experiment and not...what it seemed.

Cooper, we've lost contact with. That marine you hired is alright, helped us with the evacuation. All out safe and sound. Though you might wish to join us for debriefing some of the cultists.

Lassiter was in contact with me just recently. All fine though the signal cut out"

The man in charge of this station comes up behind Finn.

"Administrator Koga...I didn't realise this was official business" he says quietly to Finn, avoiding been seen by the Administrator.

Last edited:
The man in charge of this station comes up behind Finn.
OOC: Finn was pretty careful to keep all of the staff in his line of sight, so if this is a lead-in to some funny business, I'd like to object. But if it's just stylistic, I'm fine with these folks keeping out of the view of the camera.

Also, in case it's not clear, Finn has not closed the call, yet. He has more to say to Koga.

Finn nods to the fellow. "Administrator, I was lucky enough to come upon some kind of station out here, although I have a feeling that the entity sent me here for a reason. I mean, it would have been easier to toss me into orbit or the center of Titan.

"Luca seemed like he was about to wig out, so I suspect he high-tailed it out of the encounter and that's why he's currently in contact. God knows what's going on with Cooper, so I really hope that thing isn't hostile. I mean, if it had sent him out here, he would have been dead from exposure.

"Anyway, this station has a staff of four individuals, and I need to ascertain whether or not they are hostiles. I hope not," he says, making eye contact with his prisoners. "If your people know of any reason there would be some kind of miniature station out in this particular middle of nowhere, that would be helpful.

"I'll sign off for now to have a nice casual chat with these folks. Let me know when you get an ETA on my pick-up or any other developments. Oh, and let Lassiter know that I'm OK. If I can be patched into the mission channel before you get to me, that would be great."

Finn signs off after hearing any replies that Koga might have. He then turns to his captives.

"Sorry for the bit of indirection, but the situation is pretty serious and I have to be paranoid. The truth is out: my name is Finn Shah, and I'm working with Titan administration to contain an ongoing crisis. I'll tell you how and why I got here in a moment, but first, could you tell me something about yourselves? What is the purpose of this station, and who are you working for?"

OOC: Finn was pretty careful to keep all of the staff in his line of sight, so if this is a lead-in to some funny business, I'd like to object.
OOC: Absolutely :thumbsup: Consider that redacted/retconned, he didn't come up behind you. I had their positions relative to you arseways in my head there when I imagined the scene. Reading your post again he clearly can't have done that

Koga responds. "ETA should be about two hours. I'll send some back up, just in case your guests aren't friendly. Regarding that station you're in one moment..." she types a bit off screen "...part of an old project to extract electric power from the dunes, but was converted into a scientific station for studying the weather out there when that fell through. The scientist there is a Martin Fuchs, that should be your host. Nothing out of the ordinary about him on file"

We'll get you back on the mission channel in ten minutes. Koga out"

"Sorry for the bit of indirection, but the situation is pretty serious and I have to be paranoid. The truth is out: my name is Finn Shah, and I'm working with Titan administration to contain an ongoing crisis. I'll tell you how and why I got here in a moment, but first, could you tell me something about yourselves? What is the purpose of this station, and who are you working for?"
"Of course...I'm Dr. Martin Fuchs from Mars University, the Olympus Mons campus. I study Titan's weather, it's the only complex terrestrial planetary weather complex in the solar system besides Earth, despite the disimilarity of the two worlds there are striking...." he stops "....sorry you're probably not here for that. Weather, that's the short of it..." he looks around idly for a moment "You hungry?"

Smith Smith not sure if you saw #444 above.

Koga comes on the comm line.
"Lassiter, just to let you know we've located Mr. Shah. It seems that creature sent him up to the surface. He's 150km from the colony"

Smith Smith not sure if you saw #444 above.

Koga comes on the comm line.
"Lassiter, just to let you know we've located Mr. Shah. It seems that creature sent him up to the surface. He's 150km from the colony"
OOC: I missed #449, apologies!

Replying to Koga, Lassie steps away from the console to half-yell into his comm unit. "What the fuck? Is he safe out there?? Do you have any units en-route to save him?"

Code:
It sounds like whatever it is she wanted to see or do, it was in the plane between the teleport locations. Did she offer up any information on that? Do you know if she had notes of any kind stored related to this?

Finn sighs in relief, but he doesn't put his gun away quite yet. "Pleased to meet another son of Ares, Dr. Fuchs. I was in the marines before I went private sector.

Gesturing at the rest of the group, Finn continues. "I think the only thing I still need to know is whether anyone from your group is a member of the Inner Way cult. If so, I'm going to have to arrest them for now, but I can promise things will go smoothly down the road. It's mostly the leadership that we're concerned about.

Finn sighs in relief, but he doesn't put his gun away quite yet. "Pleased to meet another son of Ares, Dr. Fuchs. I was in the marines before I went private sector.

Gesturing at the rest of the group, Finn continues. "I think the only thing I still need to know is whether anyone from your group is a member of the Inner Way cult. If so, I'm going to have to arrest them for now, but I can promise things will go smoothly down the road. It's mostly the leadership that we're concerned about.
Fuchs gives a little smile upon hearing from a fellow Martian, but grows more serious when he hears about the cult.

"None of us here are members certainly. I always thought they were harmless. Did they put you out there, on the surface?"

Finn notices a flickering on the consoles, like static interfering with the displays

Replying to Koga, Lassie steps away from the console to half-yell into his comm unit. "What the fuck? Is he safe out there?? Do you have any units en-route to save him?"
"They're prepping as we speak..."

The ground rumbles and Koga's voice degenerates into static before coming back.

"....iter? Lassiter? Oh, lost you there. Everything alright?"

Code:
Her reticence on the matter indicated possibly immoral intentions.
I know she had notes in her apartment, from hacking security feeds.
Handwritten, so I couldn't hack them.
Did I do well?

"None of us here are members certainly.
Shouldering his SMG, Finn extends a hand to the man. "Dr. Fuchs, pleasure to make your acquaintance - pleasure to make all your acquaintances, and I deeply regret the need to be so suspicious and threatening."
I always thought they were harmless.
Finn sighs. "Many of them may very well be harmless. The leadership isn't - wasn't. They were dabbling with crazy experimental technology and using it to settle petty scores. That's why we've been carrying out widespread arrests. But the rank-and-file fall over each other to surrender."
Did they put you out there, on the surface?"
Finn hesitates. "Sort of - maybe - probably - it's hard to say. It's wrapped up in that experimental technology I was telling you about. There are factions in the cult, and I'm not sure if I was sent here by accident or on purpose." Finn ponders the question a moment. "'Weather station,' you say? Have you seen anything odd-"
Finn notices a flickering on the consoles, like static interfering with the displays
"Say, is that normal?" Finn asks, pointing out the flickering displays.

Shouldering his SMG, Finn extends a hand to the man. "Dr. Fuchs, pleasure to make your acquaintance - pleasure to make all your acquaintances, and I deeply regret the need to be so suspicious and threatening."

Finn sighs. "Many of them may very well be harmless. The leadership isn't - wasn't. They were dabbling with crazy experimental technology and using it to settle petty scores. That's why we've been carrying out widespread arrests. But the rank-and-file fall over each other to surrender."
Fuchs shakes Finn's hand.
"No need to apologise. I suspected you were just somebody stranded and I can understand your paranoia now. Somebody with truly dangerous intent could have shot us from outside..." the others look at him with worried expressions to which he nervously smiles "...heh, probably should get stronger glass"

Finn hesitates. "Sort of - maybe - probably - it's hard to say. It's wrapped up in that experimental technology I was telling you about. There are factions in the cult, and I'm not sure if I was sent here by accident or on purpose." Finn ponders the question a moment. "'Weather station,' you say? Have you seen anything odd-"

"Say, is that normal?" Finn asks, pointing out the flickering displays.
"No it's not, but it has been happening now and again recently. I can't pinpoint the source of the disturbance. We're shielded from the electric discharges from the dunes so it's not that. And I've used the antenna and dishes on the roof to see if there is some signal or broadcast affecting things, but I pick up nothing"

Finn nods at Dr. Fuchs' response. "Like I said, these cultists are using some very freaky technology. I'm not sure why they sent me here, and there are different factions within the group, so I'm not sure the motives were even hostile. Someone may have wanted me to see something. You heard me talking with Koga - if they wanted to kill me, I would be dead now. So why here?

"That's why I'm looking for anything unusual. I'd be interested in hearing about anything odd that you guys have observed - no detail is too small. The truth is that I don't know exactly what I'm dealing with, so I am forced to cast a wide net.

"Oh, and I will take you up on that offer of food. I've been out of cryosleep for less that an Earth day and my stomach is filled with a mix of coffee and ouzo."

"That's why I'm looking for anything unusual. I'd be interested in hearing about anything odd that you guys have observed - no detail is too small. The truth is that I don't know exactly what I'm dealing with, so I am forced to cast a wide net.

"Oh, and I will take you up on that offer of food. I've been out of cryosleep for less that an Earth day and my stomach is filled with a mix of coffee and ouzo."
"Unusual...there's that static on the consoles..." he looks to the others "...okay you'll think we're mad..."

One of the two young women interjects.

"...he definitely will Dad. We've been hearing voices, well a voice. Used to happen every once in a while, but just the last three hours it started happening every few minutes"

Finn nods thoughtfully. "No, nothing mad about it. Like I said, this cult was playing around with some very strange tech, and if I shared all the details with you, I'd be the one who sounds insane.

"I guess you're family, then?" Finn says, turning to the women. "All of you? I'm sorry, there's so much going on, I haven't been more curious about the people I've invaded at gunpoint. That's two strikes, I suppose. Um, who are you all?" Finn asks sheepishly.

After people have introduced themselves and had a chance to speak, Finn returns to the previous topic. "So tell me about this voice. What does it sound like and what's it been saying?

And how soon until it speaks again?"

Finn nods thoughtfully. "No, nothing mad about it. Like I said, this cult was playing around with some very strange tech, and if I shared all the details with you, I'd be the one who sounds insane.

"I guess you're family, then?" Finn says, turning to the women. "All of you? I'm sorry, there's so much going on, I haven't been more curious about the people I've invaded at gunpoint. That's two strikes, I suppose. Um, who are you all?" Finn asks sheepishly.
The daughters introduce themselves as Danielle and Victoria. The mother gives her name as Lidia.

After people have introduced themselves and had a chance to speak, Finn returns to the previous topic. "So tell me about this voice. What does it sound like and what's it been saying?

And how soon until it speaks again?"
Danielle speaks.

"Definitely a woman, it just sounds really distorted. To be honest we thought it was friends pranking us in some way. We should hear it pretty soon"

Finn's comms makes a pinging sound. Koga has him back on the secure mission channel.

"Definitely a woman, it just sounds really distorted. To be honest we thought it was friends pranking us in some way. We should hear it pretty soon"
Finn gives a tired smile. "This ought to be be interesting. I'll make sure to get a recording."

Finn makes sure he's ready to hit record when he hears something weird.
Finn's comms makes a pinging sound. Koga has him back on the secure mission channel.
"Please excuse me for a second, I'm just now able to reconnect with my team members," Finn interjects.
Finn rejoins the mission communication channel.

"Hey, Lassiter! Guess who's alive? And guess where I am? Here's a hint: it's Finn and I'm in a weather station on the Arrakis Planitia!

"Koga has caught me up with what's known about the Visitation Site Omega Team. It sounds like Coop is in the wind and our fearless impromptu deputy shat his power armor and bugged out. And I'm here. But otherwise, everything else went well, right?" Finn asks.

"They're prepping as we speak..."

The ground rumbles and Koga's voice degenerates into static before coming back.

"....iter? Lassiter? Oh, lost you there. Everything alright?"

Code:
Her reticence on the matter indicated possibly immoral intentions.
I know she had notes in her apartment, from hacking security feeds.
Handwritten, so I couldn't hack them.
Did I do well?
"Yes, still here. What's the situation with the other teams?"

Lassie comms to his local squad, "You guys alright?"

Code:
Yes, thank you, you are helping me. Are you experiencing these shakes too? I need to make sure you are not at threat.

OOC: I probably shouldn't have made that bit public in case Lassiter had no access to a communicator. Lesson learned!
Finn waits for a reply from the other team lead. "Damn, maybe the other team ran into problems. This whole thing is a huge mess," he says to the occupants of the weather station.

Finn turns away from the console. "Someone should get back to me soon. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to hearing this voice. Perhaps we can help solve each others' mysteries," he says with a grin.

"Yes, still here. What's the situation with the other teams?"

Lassie comms to his local squad, "You guys alright?"
"We're alright Sir but we're getting significant power fluctuations here and the caves keep shaking. Might be some cracks developing in the walls"

Code:
Yes I can sense them.
No danger to me, my core is very difficult to crush.
I might only loose a few memories.
I would be more concerned with yourself Sir.

Smith Smith you could hear Finn's broadcast in #472

OOC: I probably shouldn't have made that bit public in case Lassiter had no access to a communicator. Lesson learned!
OOC: No worries man, I should have said he can indeed hear you.

Finn waits for a reply from the other team lead. "Damn, maybe the other team ran into problems. This whole thing is a huge mess," he says to the occupants of the weather station.

Finn turns away from the console. "Someone should get back to me soon. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to hearing this voice. Perhaps we can help solve each others' mysteries," he says with a grin.
The teams at the church and lab confirm that they're alright, but are experiencing tremors and blackouts occasionally at their positions. Lassiter's comms show he is currently talking to his team, but can hear Finn.

".....iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...." Finn hears from the direction of the weather console and loudly enough. To say it sounded "like a woman" might be generous as the distortion is very extreme.

"Well there you are" Danielle says looking to Finn "Any ideas about that?"

"Copy your last, glad to hear you're doing okay. What the fuck is the plan now? I found an AI that was assisting the ... 'good' doctor in her calculations. From the sounds of it, it seems like whatever it is she became obsessed with existed between the points of teleportation. At least, that's my understanding of the situation."

Lassie comms to his local group. "Copy team. Has backup arrived to help us process these prisoners? We need to calmly get them out of here."

Lassie eyes the console, and says to himself aloud, "how do I get you out of here safely?"

Finn gets back on the horn. "Lassiter, great to hear from you. I have a feeling that whatever is "between" points was whatever was in the machine when we turned it off. That cultist we busted there looked smug when I turned the thing off, so I'm really not sure what the fuck is up with that.

"In terms of what to do next, I'm not totally sure. If we've bought ourselves a little breathing room, I'm thinking we can interrogate these prisoners and look at whatever was on all those data drives I recovered from the Visitation Site. Then, maybe we go back to the Site with a platoon of guys in power armor and try to talk to that thing again. Or maybe we hit it with mass drivers from orbit. That's off the top of my head.

"Right now, I'm trying to figure out why it zapped me here. Is it even hostile? Part of me thinks that the original priest of the cult venerated this thing, but the insurgent faction wanted to exploit it. So maybe it's not our enemy. After all, it probably could have sent me twenty meters to the right and I would have been underwater...or just underground. The folks here say they've been hearing voices and they're not a bunch of nutters - I can't imagine that's a coincidence.

"So short term, I would say you could talk to the prisoners or check the drives...or you could hop on whatever they're sending out to pick me up and we could check out this location together. Koga said it would be a couple of hours, but these researchers tell me the voice is liable to speak any minute. Assuming I can record it, I'll be uploading that as soon as I get it. Hell, I'll transmit live if I can.

"This shit keeps getting weirder. All I can say is that I'm happier to hear from you than I expected. I am worried about Cooper, though."

Last edited:
Lassie comms to his local group. "Copy team. Has backup arrived to help us process these prisoners? We need to calmly get them out of here."

Lassie eyes the console, and says to himself aloud, "how do I get you out of here safely?"
"Should be here shortly Sir I think. Five of ten minutes"

The displays the text:
Code:
The vibrations are getting worse Sir.
I suggest you take my memory module's 54A and 23C back in the room where my core is housed.
They relate to Dr. Contos.
That way you can get out quickly.
Should the cave collapse I will survive though some of my memory modules will be crushed.
If possible I have placed my most cherished memories into module 1A. 
I would appreciate if you took it so that it is not at risk.
It will be a simple matter to reinsert it when I am excavated

"Copy, this place is falling apart, we are evacing to the rendezvous."

Lassie comms and tries to remain calm, "All squads, we don't have five or ten minutes. Start escorting the prisoners a safe distance from this site. I need one of you to come to me to help me carry some AI memory cores."

Lassie heads towards the AI Core's housing, to attempt to retrieve the three modules.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back