Muh big publisher announcement about Zweihander and Exploding Kittens (Andrews McMeel Universal)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

zweihander

Banned Abuser
Reaction score
So, I've been sitting on this one for a looong time. Some of the information has been leaked out from my personal Facebook, and I've teased a few things here and there on RPG Pub. But now, the muzzle has been removed - which means it's time to talk about a super big announcement for Zweihander and the rest of the crew at Grim & Perilous Studios.

(Hoping the mods are okay with this, so that it doesn't come off as 'shilling'. Let me know otherwise and I can adjust the post)

I am incredibly proud to announce that the tabletop RPG books "ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG" and "MAIN GAUCHE" will be joining the annals of authors such as Exploding Kittens, The Oatmeal, Roger Ebert, The Boondocks, Calvin and Hobbes, FoxTrot, Doonsbury, The Far Side, Garfield and many, many others as a publication of Andrews McMeel Universal! This will be AMU's first foray into the tabletop RPG industry, with these two books at the fore of this new line of business.

https://publishing.andrewsmcmeel.com/catalog/detail?sku=9781524851668

What's this mean in the bigger scheme of things? Scale and reach beyond DriveThruRPG into the "real world" of RPG publishing. This means that Zweihander Grim & Perilous RPG pre-orders are available (RIGHT NOW!) on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and IndieBound. GTS distribution will follow in February (so you can order it at your local brick & mortar), and Amazon International will follow soon thereafter.

From its infancy as a homebrew on Strike to Stun, to a wildly successful Kickstarter and culminating in two ENnies for Best Game and Product of the Year, it's been a crazy past two years. This marks a sea change for us as a publishing company. That means contracts, marketing budgets and more. Plus, we are now at a level of scale that meets other medium-sized tabletop role-playing game publishers. And to boot, Zweihander Grim & Perilous RPG is already ranked #1 in New Releases in the Pathfinder Games and Warhammer Games categories on Amazon (including #3 in Dungeons and Dragons games)

Thank you to all Warhammer Fantasy fans for believing in us over these long years. You all helped us get to this goal, and we'll continue working to exceed expectations as the years come. Hope you'll continue to follow along in conversations about Zweihander, Main Gauche, Tetsubo Grim & Perilous, Queen of Embers and a whole lot more in our pipeline for 2019/2020.

Attachments

• DFOX.jpg
    DFOX.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
Congrats on your success, Daniel! Always great to see publishers doing better for themselves.

I am incredibly proud to announce that the tabletop RPG books "ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG" and "MAIN GAUCHE" will be joining
Exploding Kittens, The Oatmeal, Roger Ebert, The Boondocks, Calvin and Hobbes, FoxTrot, Doonsbury, The Far Side, Garfield and many, many others
History's most epic crossover.

Grats, Daniel!

Congratulations! Best of luck to you and your team!

I've heard of Zweihander, obviously, but I don't think I've heard of Main-Gauche.

jg

Today, I got the news from the publisher.

10,000 is the magic number.

10,000 is the total print run for copies of #ZweihanderRPG.

Be one of 10,000 to pick up Zweihander Grim & Perilous RPG on Amazon before they are gone.

Normally $65, marked down to $51.35 for the first 10,000 only.

US and CA right now, but UK + international comes in a few short weeks to Amazon.

GrimDerp.com

C97CB6E9-FE92-4DD0-BDFA-A66D960C03AB.jpeg

Very big congrats! Universal Syndicate getting in on the RPG market is a surprise!

I hope you don't get screwed with returns. I don't want to rain on the Happy parade but if you look at the history of RPG publishing you'll see a number of folks go under due to large initial orders only to get hit with huge returns later. I have no clue what your contact looks like so maybe this can't be a problem for you but if it has the potential to be be I'd feel horrible if you didn't get a heads up to it.

the exploding kitten guys were very cool to use giving the kickstarter advice--if you need any advice on dealing with McMeel I'd talk to them

Coincidentally, Matt Inman and I have the same chief editor.

Thank you! It’s very surreal.

I’ve been driving around B&N since release, signing the interior and stuffing some limited edition bookmarks and art prints inside them on the sly.

That's how I met RA Salvatore. I was working at a bookstore in Dallas and he popped in randomly one day to sign a bunch of his books. Real nice guy.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back