Mythic Americas - Awesome Native Miniatures

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

CRKrueger

Eläytyminatör
Reaction score
Check this out - Mythic Americas

It uses the Rick Priestly designed system used for Beyond the Gates of Antares and Warlords of Erewhon.

I was just looking for Native Americans without firearms to use for Hyborean Picts.

Fuck me, my wallet is gonna take one for the team.

I was just looking for Native Americans without firearms to use for Hyborean Picts.
I need Native American minis without firearms for Hyperborea AND Carcosa. This is really fucking cool dude, thanks!

I need Native American minis without firearms for Hyperborea AND Carcosa. This is really fucking cool dude, thanks!
Sure, here's some more from Reaper.

Malapango Warriors
03145_G.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Native American Chieftain
50113_w_1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zulu Warriors II
50185_w_1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zulu Warriors III
50225_w_1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raven
59002_w_1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indian Shaman (Female)
59010_w_1.jpg

and some from Etsy...

Tribal Warriors Set
il_1588xN.2549207395_n2es.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eagle Warriors
il_1588xN.3239482226_r5ls.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Native Indian Warrior
il_1588xN.3679859908_m2y7.jpg

Tribal Indian Warrior
il_1588xN.3679861456_jva9.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaguar Warriors
il_1588xN.4061026667_buc4.jpg

and if you know a printer...
Eagle Hunters
resize-eagle-hunter.jpg

Jungle Tribe Set
resize-jungle-tribe.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Native American Warriors
resize-indian-or-skraelings.jpg

This seller has a ton of Native minis.
resize-wararcher.jpg

resize-warclub1.jpg

resize-archer.jpg

resize-war3.jpg

There's more at Polly Grimm, but you get the idea.

Check this out - Mythic Americas

It uses the Rick Priestly designed system used for Beyond the Gates of Antares and Warlords of Erewhon.

Fuck me, my wallet is gonna take one for the team.

Those look f-in' awesome.

Hope they can hide their existence from the online sociopaths

The only things I don't like about Warlords of Erewhon are the order dice based turn sequence and the exchange of missiles. It's funny, I really miss "Stand and Shoot" in Kings of War but in Warlords of Erewhon it's often too decisive or fucking brutal as they say. The turn sequence doesn't feel right for fantasy armies. I know it's a skirmish. I'm fine with it in Bolt Action and Beyond the Gates of Antares but in Warlords of Erewhon it just feels off. I like pretty much everything else about it. Maybe if they'd do a big battle game that didn't use it.

If you like old school 25mm, RAFM still has their Plains Wars and French Indian War lines.

The Centaurs were used in Fantacide as one of the army lists. Their sin was pride which meant their objective was whatever the other guy's objective was. They had to be the best.

Those look f-in' awesome.

Hope they can hide their existence from the online sociopaths
The author of the game is Venezuelan and half indigenous - but I'm sure the list of White Boys telling him he's doing it wrong will be long and distinguished. :trigger:
Maybe he should add a statement that these are fantasy figurines, not historically authentic or anything like that. Then again, if we're talking sociopaths that probably won't help.

Huh, I really like the Blackpowder (aka Warmaster 3.0) series of games, but mainly for large scale unit maneuvering/clashes. I hav a hard time picturing it eulatig skirmsh-type warfare that Id associate with Native Americans.

That's just me rambling off topic though, I can say all of the miniatures I've gotten from Warlord have been really high quality/exceptionally detailed.

Huh, I really like the Blackpowder (aka Warmaster 3.0) series of games, but mainly for large scale unit maneuvering/clashes. I hav a hard time picturing it eulatig skirmsh-type warfare that Id associate with Native Americans.

That's just me rambling off topic though, I can say all of the miniatures I've gotten from Warlord have been really high quality/exceptionally detailed.
Pretty sure those the old Wargames Factory multipart 28mm miniatures pictured there, not the bitty 6mm or whatever from the game you're thinking of.

Yeah they are and they're 1/48 scale so more like 32mm. On the upside, they match well with the Tom Meir French Indian War stuff.

Pretty sure those the old Wargames Factory multipart 28mm miniatures pictured there, not the bitty 6mm or whatever from the game you're thinking of.

Warlord games sells 28mm miniatures not uh, 6mm? Black Powder/Hail Caeser etc is kinda size neutral, so you could use what you want. but they are desgned with, picture, and promote 28mm by default, not sure what wargame you are confusing them with

Warlord games sells 28mm miniatures not uh, 6mm?
I'm confused.

Warlord Games mostly used 28(ish)mm minis in their games until fairly recently, when they got into things like aircraft and naval games.

A couple years (?) back they began introduced the smaller scale stuff for exactly what you mentioned: Some stuff just doesn't do well with the bigger scale miniatures.

If you want to do a significant chunk of Gettysburg or Waterloo, really smaller sized minis are called for and not 28mm, unless you've got a really big gaming club and space to draw on.

They've also acquired some moulds from a company that went out of business that they are repackaging and labelling under their own name (Wargames Factory) including some fantasy, Zombpocalypse, and AWI minis. I'm pretty sure the multipart Eastern Woodlands Indians are the old WF ones. They have a bit of a reputation for being kind of fiddly to assemble compared to the current generation of Warlord Games multipart plastic kits in 28mm.

I'm confused.

Warlord Games mostly used 28(ish)mm minis in their games until fairly recently, when they got into things like aircraft and naval games.

A couple years (?) back they began introduced the smaller scale stuff for exactly what you mentioned: Some stuff just doesn't do well with the bigger scale miniatures.

If you want to do a significant chunk of Gettysburg or Waterloo, really smaller sized minis are called for and not 28mm, unless you've got a really big gaming club and space to draw on.

They've also acquired some moulds from a company that went out of business that they are repackaging and labelling under their own name (Wargames Factory) including some fantasy, Zombpocalypse, and AWI minis. I'm pretty sure the multipart Eastern Woodlands Indians are the old WF ones. They have a bit of a reputation for being kind of fiddly to assemble compared to the current generation of Warlord Games multipart plastic kits in 28mm.

I'm talking specifically about Black Powder, the gameline that the miniatures pictured above are being promoted for. Black Powder was designed for 28mm miniatures, that's true of the first and current edition.

Really, Black Powder is very much bases of a given size representing a given number of men. There's really no reason you couldn't play it in other scales or even with empty carboard bases. Rick Priestly likes 28mm because the figures are visually appealing at that scale.

I'm talking specifically about Black Powder, the gameline that the miniatures pictured above are being promoted for. Black Powder was designed for 28mm miniatures, that's true of the first and current edition.
Okay, so there's clearly been a misunderstanding, at least on my part. But yes, those are 28mm.

I thought you were under the impression that those were small minis for the Epic line.

I hope the author of the game wouldn't be noticed by the online socipaths...or that if he gets noticed, he'd tell them where to stick it, in the indigenous language, and move on without bothering to translate it for them:grin:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back