Mythras: Breifne

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Nobby-W

No, I have not got an onlyfans site.
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
4,653
Reaction score
8,112
Séadna Séadna just got back in touch by email. He's away in the great outdoors at some sort of folklore thing with no mobile reception or working internet - and very graciously apologises for worrying people.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
"Sounds like a much better plann, unless anybody objects. We should totally do that!"
"Sounds marvelous," says Dougal, "onward!"
The group make it around the bay purely inland, without leaving the cover of the forest.

When they reach the stream where it meets the ocean they see quite a wide gulf before them.

177071989.jpg

However following the river back inland, after barely half a mile it narrows rapidly to little stream with a collection of stones for easy crossing.

807011_4c18a94d.jpg

Approaching the small crossing and still in cover they see six Norse men standing near the banks on the side opposite them. Each wears blue linen and furs typical of the Northerners, with an axe and small round shield for protection. However they stand behind a woman who holds a thick tree branch. She occasionally dips it into the river before removing it to chant something in their language. As she does so a column of water the height of a man rises from the river and slowly begins to take shape. What shape is not clear yet.

cdeda3c717c4327508c0b665e2afcc30.jpg
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
OOC: No worries Stan, I was without the net for a while

Illian bows. "Greetings. You may call me Mr. Potions. I would love to observe and learn from a fellow brewer. However, my companions and I are looking for other of our companions. Have any other strangers stopped by here recently? If so and if you could point me in their direction, I would be very appreciative."
"Well Mr. Potions" the woman responds "I do happen to know where your companions went. Off to the local Sidhe lord. Probably eager for the surface. I felt them enter the forest, but unfortunately they didn't come this way"

The woman comes out of the dark recesses of the house, into the light of day to greet Illan. She is fair of complexion, with blond hair tied in a braided bun, a simple enough sleeveless yellow frock. However the backs of her hands have soft white fur on them.

"I have food to spare if you want some. A long time since anybody came this way, especially a young man of fine lineage"
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
7,704
Reaction score
7,688
Brian goes on one knee and turns towards the others.
"Any ideas what she might be doing? About the only thing I've been able to tell here is, she's not one I care to invite for a dance...unless I've got a dagger in my sleeve".
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
"I couldn't possibly say, although I am sure it's bad for us, whatever it is." Dougal says. "Can any of you magical folk tell what she might be doing? My first insticnt is to kill them all before she can finish, but I've always been a precipitous lad that way."
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
7,704
Reaction score
7,688
"...starting with her, I'd add", Brian concurred.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
"Any ideas what she might be doing?
Can any of you magical folk tell what she might be doing?
The Dolmen warrior narrows his eyes and seems to be straining to make out the shape the blob is making.

"It looks to me that's Old Two Fords, the god..." he looks to Brian "...that is to say the old king of the area around this river. Why a Norse woman would want to speak with him and how she could resurrect him...I'm not sure"

Colla pulls a sharp knife from his pocket before speaking. "The woman is one of the Norse folks women-seers. They have ways of speaking to dead so far as I know, but I'd agree with Brian here that we should cut her first. The magic doesn't feel foul to me, but it's still going to aide the Norse in some way"

Morte the skull however whispers to Dougal "That water fellow is in a god deal of pain. I've felt it before myself, it's not natural to be pulled back to life. Hurts like fuck!"
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
7,704
Reaction score
7,688
"Is she protected from arrows in some mystical way?", Brian inquired.
"And you can freely call him a god. I believe that there is but one God; I'm also well aware that not all of you are, and as you are respecting of my faith, so shall I respect yours. What matters here is, we're on the same side; we can leave the teological discussion for after the victory."
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
"So they're fucking with one of our gods? That's about all I need to know." says Dougal. "Lets feed them to the earth."
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
"Is she protected from arrows in some mystical way?", Brian inquired.
"And you can freely call him a god. I believe that there is but one God; I'm also well aware that not all of you are, and as you are respecting of my faith, so shall I respect yours. What matters here is, we're on the same side; we can leave the teological discussion for after the victory."
The Dolmen warrior gives Brian a slight pat on the back and whispers so the Norse cannot hear him.

"You're a good bit calmer than the first fellas of your faith I met! I agree, let's keep the discussion until after, but it's a discussion I'll be interested in"

"Is she protected from arrows in some mystical way?", Brian inquired.
Colla thinks for a bit.

"No, I doubt it. I've never seen the Norse demonstrate anything like that. Given my own facility with magic I've tangled with their priests and magicians before. Never fought one of these seers true, but magic to defend seems rare among them. It's magic to rend I'd fear more"
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
"So they're fucking with one of our gods? That's about all I need to know." says Dougal. "Lets feed them to the earth."
The Dolmen warrior clenches his fists with excitement and hops a bit on the spot. He looks like he wants to let out a roar of excitement, but manages to whisper.

"Too fucking right there Dougal" he whispers.

Colla nods. "Alright, how will we do it?"

OOC: Little map. Each hex is about 8 meters wide. You guys are located at the star, Garos the lizard is the little dragon symbol further up. The hooded woman is on her own next to the water. Each sword and axe symbol is two Norse warriors.

Map The Blank 2021-03-16T22 14 00.407Z.jpg
 

Stan

Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
2,362
OOC: No worries Stan, I was without the net for a while


"Well Mr. Potions" the woman responds "I do happen to know where your companions went. Off to the local Sidhe lord. Probably eager for the surface. I felt them enter the forest, but unfortunately they didn't come this way"

The woman comes out of the dark recesses of the house, into the light of day to greet Illan. She is fair of complexion, with blond hair tied in a braided bun, a simple enough sleeveless yellow frock. However the backs of her hands have soft white fur on them.

"I have food to spare if you want some. A long time since anybody came this way, especially a young man of fine lineage"

Illan starts to heartily take up the offer. But he's heard tales of the trap of eating food offered by the fey and he's not sure if it's true. He has enough doubt that he doesn't want to try it.

"You are most gracious my lady. But we need to catch up in case they have found trouble, as is their nature. If you could be so kind as to point in their direction, we will take our leave."
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
The Dolmen warrior clenches his fists with excitement and hops a bit on the spot. He looks like he wants to let out a roar of excitement, but manages to whisper.

"Too fucking right there Dougal" he whispers.

Colla nods. "Alright, how will we do it?"

OOC: Little map. Each hex is about 8 meters wide. You guys are located at the star, Garos the lizard is the little dragon symbol further up. The hooded woman is on her own next to the water. Each sword and axe symbol is two Norse warriors.

View attachment 28212
OOC: How deep is the river here? I have some tactical thoughts but they don't involve trying to form a shield wall whilst wading through lip-deep water.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
OOC: How deep is the river here? I have some tactical thoughts but they don't involve trying to form a shield wall whilst wading through lip-deep water.
OOC: At the deepest point, midway across, only halfway up to your knee.
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
7,704
Reaction score
7,688
IC: Brian looked at the man with the throwing stick.
"Can you get her from here? I'll double with my bow. We want her out, first. The men are probably going to charge...but regardless of the success of the attack, we get into the brushes and try to flank them unseen. Shooting should thin them before we fight. Unless all of you prefer to meet them in a wall?"

OOC: Crap, where had my post gone? I came to check because there were no updates...:shock:
Also: Séadna Séadna if I can read the map, she's in bowshot range, isn't she?
 
Last edited:

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Dougal is all for a hail of missles and a fast charge. Unless...

OOC: do the Norse have obvious missle weapons of any kind?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
Also: @Séadna if I can read the map, she's in bowshot range, isn't she?
OOC: She certainly is. Effective range. Irish bow is just the Mythras Long Bow:

WeaponDamageSpecial EffectReach/RangeTraitsAP/HPSize/ForceENCOther
Bow1d8Impale15/125/2504/7H12 turn reload

OOC: do the Norse have obvious missle weapons of any kind?
OOC: They all have throwing spears and two (furthest from you) have throwing axes. The throwing spears are not currently readied, instead they have their swords drawn, but the throwing axes are in hand.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
"Can you get her from here? I'll double with my bow. We want her out, first. The men are probably going to charge...but regardless of the success of the attack, we get into the brushes and try to flank them unseen. Shooting should thin them before we fight. Unless all of you prefer to meet them in a wall?"
The Dolmen Warrior grins and flicks his hurl in his hands. Red Ogham lights up along the handle.

"Oh I can get her from here, just say when lad" he says with eyes narrowed on the Norse woman and teeth grinding.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
OOC:
For tactics purposes you have:

Colla, the prince who seems to favour hand-to-hand and the knife. Has some magic ability.
Dolmen Warrior, has the hurl and obviously favours brutality.
Dogtos, the noble Sidhe warrior. He's properly trained along the same lines as Brian, i.e. noble mounted combat and good with a sword.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
"We can send a flanker," says Dougal. "A sound idea. Other than that we'll hit them hard from range to thin them out and perhaps try to force a charge? We may have to improvise if the witch doesn't go down right away. I don't fancy getting turned into a toad."
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
7,704
Reaction score
7,688
"Good idea. I think one of us two would be best as a flanker", Brian nodded. "Say which one, the other shoots from here. And then we count to 6 to get him time to get away, and shoot!"
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
"I'm a sneaky bastard, I'll try to work my way around. Give me maybe 5 minutes to find a place to cross that isn't in view and I'll work my way back toward their flank. Your charge can be the signal." Dougal says. "Don't leave me with my ass hanging in the breeze over there." he laughs.
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
7,704
Reaction score
7,688
Brian nodded and looked at the sky to estimate the time.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Dougal will make his way either up or down stream, whichever way seems to have a closer place to cross undetected, and then he'll work his way back through the trees to get into position.
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
7,704
Reaction score
7,688
OOC: The early afternoon
OOC: Yeah, I mean "trying to log in the position so we would know when 5 minutes have passed":thumbsup:.
Though of course, if it seems she's finishing the ritual, he's going to shoot her on the spot, timing be damned.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
Dougal heads quickly upstream and waits at the tree line until none are looking in his direction and then crosses fast making little sound.

OOC: Dougal indicated by axe now on the other side. Fenris-77 Fenris-77 consider yourself able to move freely within the tree hexes.
Map The Blank 2021-03-26T14 12 22.800Z.jpg
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
OOC:
A AsenRG , I understand that you will shoot with the bow now. Do you give the Dolmen warrior a sign to throw his hurl as well? If so prior to or after your own shot?
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
Illan starts to heartily take up the offer. But he's heard tales of the trap of eating food offered by the fey and he's not sure if it's true. He has enough doubt that he doesn't want to try it.

"You are most gracious my lady. But we need to catch up in case they have found trouble, as is their nature. If you could be so kind as to point in their direction, we will take our leave."
"They headed off along the Northern road. Go East past my house for a short while and you'll see the road turn North. Cross the bog stream there and just keep heading North and eventually you'll clear this forest into my Lord's castle estate. He can grant you passage back to the mortal world.

However a Christian demon haunts the forests to the North, be very alert my handsome friend!"
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Dougal will let the first volley go by, and once the warriors start forming up he'll charge in from the flank or rear, depending on exact positioning.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
Brian squares his hands against the sun and the horizon and draws his bow slowly and without much noise. The five minutes have roughly passed and the Norse woman is still chanting.

The Dolmen warrior grips the hurl tightly, tapping his fingers against the wood with excitement, he pulls back his arm and tosses the hurl with almighty force. Enough for Brian to feel a rush of air.

The hurl whisks out of the forest, straight over the river and hits the Norse witch directly in the face. The water form she had been summoning begins to lose solidity as soon as this occurs.

However when the hurl falls to the ground, the group see the witch grinning in their direction. Her nose is caved in and her teeth have been broken, but glowing blue runic tattoos have lit up on her face as she raises her hands.

"Sá hlýtr at flótta es drepr mik eigi!!" she roars raising her hands higher as blue lights pool within her palms. Colla draws his knife and begins to dart toward the tree line to reach her.

However at just this moment Brian releases his arrow. He shot is true and it strikes straight through her left knee cap and remains lodged. Blood floods from the wound as she falls onto the ground roaring in pain.

The other Norse begin the rush toward the tree line, save for the two in front of Dougal. As soon as the witch was hit by the hurl one of them drew a concealed ice blue knife from his belt. The other takes an ornate golden horn and prepares to sound it. Dougal has the chance to attack either by surprise.

OOC:
Your turn to act now.
 

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
3,846
Reaction score
7,581
Dougal will attempt to silence the horn blower before he can summon allies. He needs another skull for his saddle. Charge!
 

AsenRG

Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
7,704
Reaction score
7,688
OOC:
A AsenRG just in case you haven't seen this
OOC: Is that a new round now? Because Brian would try to keep shooting and kill the guy with the magically-looking throwing knife.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
OOC: Is that a new round now? Because Brian would try to keep shooting and kill the guy with the magically-looking throwing knife.
OOC: Sorry should have been more clear, no it's still the same round just giving you the updated scene.

The warrior takes out the blue knife with a grin showing filed teeth. A strange glow surges up the knife as it is drawn and the warrior heads for Colla and Dagtos who are both on the verge of exiting the forest.

Unfortunately for him Brian's arrow pierces right through his right ankle causing him to drop the knife in pain. He falls sideways as the arrow pins his broken ankle to the river soil. He lets out howls of pain but soon falls unconcious.

Colla nods back in Brian's direction as he and Dogtos head for the two warriors closest to the fallen witch.
 
Last edited:

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
Dougal will attempt to silence the horn blower before he can summon allies. He needs another skull for his saddle. Charge!
Dougal rushes at the man from the trees and swings his sword before the horn reaches his lips. His sword catches him on the left should and at first looks like a slight blow. However the wound bleeds profusely once Dougal's sword is clear. A quick follow up swing slices the left arm off completely. It and the horn it holds fall to the ground with a thud, the horn letting out an unnatural ringing sound once it strikes the soil.

The man collapses forward onto his knees and seems to mutter to himself in Norse, eyes fluttering as if he is going to lose conciousness but he manages to stay alert...

OOC: This summarises a bunch of rolls. Again I'm always happy to take any details or tactics you want or to pause the combat into more granular layers.
 

Séadna

Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
5,538
Reaction score
10,611
OOC:
Knife lad and horn blower are down. Colla and Dogtos are engaged with two warriors. That only leaves the other two. Colla and Dogos are shown as a sword, Dougal as an axe. Brian is the star. Woman has red to indicate she is out.

New round


Map The Blank 2021-03-30T23 08 50.304Z.jpg
 
Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Top