Neverwinter Nights EE: A Play by Post KILLER!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Valdus

Lord Protector of the Red Box
Reaction score
Anyone else have this damn problem? This thing came out in 2002. I have bought the damn thing three times and discovered it five times. A glorious destroyer of tabletop, an assassin of play by post, and a savior from World of War Craft and Runescape.

Oh my dear Gods, I love it!

So I am just wondering if anyone else has this blissful bane? If so, anyone want to do a "tabletop" online? And yes, if I knew how in tarnation to DM it, I would!

Since D&D is my least favorite of the current crop of RPG's, NWN has little hold on me, since it does D&D. I use discord, I use IRC, I mostly don't do PBP until recently (again.) I find it a tad too slow at times (not that the ones here are a bother at all they've been nice for speed for the most part..)

Sorry not sure what this is referring, it is the MMO?

Anyone else have this damn problem? This thing came out in 2002. I have bought the damn thing three times and discovered it five times. A glorious destroyer of tabletop, an assassin of play by post, and a savior from World of War Craft and Runescape.

Oh my dear Gods, I love it!

So I am just wondering if anyone else has this blissful bane? If so, anyone want to do a "tabletop" online? And yes, if I knew how in tarnation to DM it, I would!

giphy.gif

Played it quite a bit in the early to mid 2000s but precious little multiplayer.

Sorry not sure what this is referring, it is the MMO?
Neverwinter Nights let you host a server where the admin had DM like abilities, i.e. set where objects were, design the level, control monsters, write dialogue for NPCs when players interact with them sort of like a chat and so on. So basically run a virtual tabletop game.

Neverwinter Nights let you host a server where the admin had DM like abilities, i.e. set where objects were, design the level, control monsters, write dialogue for NPCs when players interact with them sort of like a chat and so on. So basically run a virtual tabletop game.
I feel this is a feature that could be added to an MMO, even if hosted by the vendor. Several MUD platforms used to support user-written content. However, the level design and interactivity of the game would have to be dumbed down to the point where this was feasible. You might also run into problems where poorly optimised levels could cause performance issues.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back