New Acquisitions Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It’s fun! But I wish I could find some classic 90s clan rats :sad:. I only have the ones from late ‘0s where they look like long nosed monkeys.

I was lucky, in that I got nostalgic for the Skaven models of my youth about 8 years ago now, back before Oldhammer had really taken off and you could still grab Jes Goodwin Skaven minis for a buck or two. Nowadays you're lucky finding individual models from that era for under $10. I'm sure that bubble will burst at some point, but I was fortunate to put together a rather large army without breaking the bank. Anyways, to my point: On the Oldhammer Trading Group on Facebook, prices usually are much more reasonable than Ebay, and I've seen numerous lots of Skaven go for $4-3 a model. If you even just say , "Hey I'm looking for some old Skaven, doesn't matter what kind" I'm sure you could quickly find someone willing to make you a deal.

Just got my copy of Chaos in the Old World.

I know what I will be doing this weekend.

the setting aside money for a 3d printer has begun. I could just buy it, but I'd rather shop it with the missus first and not die.

the setting aside money for a 3d printer has begun. I could just buy it, but I'd rather shop it with the missus first and not die.

I've got one of those on my want list, the prices have really come down on them.

I bought a welder last month, told my wife I was going to spend around $1500-2000, then ended up spending $3000. She likes tools and it is a really dandy machine so she was a good sport about it, but I don't want to push my luck. She owns a lot of bladed weapons.

I think I'll give it 6 months before mentioning that I "need" another toy. :smile:

It’s fun! But I wish I could find some classic 90s clan rats :sad:. I only have the ones from late ‘0s where they look like long nosed monkeys.
Hi Necrozius Necrozius and @ TristramEvans TristramEvans I have tons of Skaven old and new. I've been meaning to strip and sell them to a good home because I am probably never going to play Warhammer again. Shoot me a PM if you like.

Planning to pick up one or both Pandemic expansions I don't have yet.
Also, picked up everything Aeon's End and backed The New Age kickstarter.
Have Pandemic and the first expansion (the one that adds the purple disease and mutations).
Going to get Ogre: Battlefields as soon as those get shipped.
Going to get everything Shadowrift, purchased via the pledge manager so won't see it until November, though.
Still putting off getting One Deck Dungeon
Planning to get Battle For Greyport.
Planning to get Spirit Island.
Also got the BattleTech beginner's boxed set and will get the full boxed soon asap.

And yeah, I have a bit of a co-op games thing going on.

Last edited:
Creality Ender 3. got it set up yesterday and have done a couple of prints already. working on a dragon from Fat Dragon games.

Creality Ender 3. got it set up yesterday and have done a couple of prints already. working on a dragon from Fat Dragon games.
Creality 3D
4.2 out of 5 stars 75Reviews

Upgrade 3D Printer Parts MK8 Extruder Aluminum Alloy Block Bowden Extruder 1.75mm Filament for Creality 3D Ender 3,CR-7,CR-8, CR-10, CR-10S, CR-10 S4, and CR-10 S5
Is one of the few upgrades I think you really should consider. I've had mine since October last year. I've gone through one and a half spools of PLA. The plastic is wearing through already.

Creality 3D
4.2 out of 5 stars 75Reviews

Upgrade 3D Printer Parts MK8 Extruder Aluminum Alloy Block Bowden Extruder 1.75mm Filament for Creality 3D Ender 3,CR-7,CR-8, CR-10, CR-10S, CR-10 S4, and CR-10 S5
Is one of the few upgrades I think you really should consider. I've had mine since October last year. I've gone through one and a half spools of PLA. The plastic is wearing through already.
well, I've not even gone through 25g of filament yet, but no reason I can't add this when it wears out.

well, I've not even gone through 25g of filament yet, but no reason I can't add this when it wears out.
Some people upgrade these things to absurdity. I'm considering the BL touch bed leveling sensor as that buys me some time for a reasonable price. I'm also hearing very good things about quality improvements from the new 1.1.5 main board. It's $50 so I'm waiting

Please post some photos with close ups of the detail. I'm very curious to see the quality of the printing on finely details items. I'm mixed between going cheap and getting one of these Ender 3 or going up scale a couple / few hundred dollars. I've been interested in a 3d printer for 10-12 years, so seeing sub $300 machines turning out much higher quality than $1500 machines could do just a few years ago is awesome.

Laser cutters are coming down in price too. One of those would be great for cutting shapes from plastic sheet for buildings and such.

Please post some photos with close ups of the detail. I'm very curious to see the quality of the printing on finely details items. I'm mixed between going cheap and getting one of these Ender 3 or going up scale a couple / few hundred dollars. I've been interested in a 3d printer for 10-12 years, so seeing sub $300 machines turning out much higher quality than $1500 machines could do just a few years ago is awesome.

Laser cutters are coming down in price too. One of those would be great for cutting shapes from plastic sheet for buildings and such.
Here's a photo from my Ender 3. It appears there have been some improvements as well. For $200 for the printer and another $100 in add one you can get quite nice prints in reasonable amounts of user input.

hard to get the lizardman focused, but the others are quite clear. white makes it harder see, sadly.IMG_0902.jpgIMG_0903.jpgIMG_0904.jpgIMG_0905.jpgIMG_0906.jpgIMG_0907.jpgIMG_0908.jpg

Grey is easier for photos. Did you have any stringing you needed to clean up?
a little, but not much. I used FDG's bed levelling print and I was damn near perfect after a bit of tuning. Honestly, this is plenty good for 95% of what I do. I'll be good for this for all my terrain I'm sure. I think I understand why people buy several, but I just don't have room. Not without dedicating a room.

Wow, so the layering texture that was so prominent on earlier machines has really been toned down even on the entry level machines. Yep, definitely have to get serious about getting one of these once I get the shop put back together and have a home for it. The way things are going, in 6 months they will be $100 with twice the resolution. :clown:

a little, but not much. I used FDG's bed levelling print and I was damn near perfect after a bit of tuning. Honestly, this is plenty good for 95% of what I do. I'll be good for this for all my terrain I'm sure. I think I understand why people buy several, but I just don't have room. Not without dedicating a room.
It's tempting to get multiples at time but honestly unless I was making money off them I just couldn't justify it.

Wow, so the layering texture that was so prominent on earlier machines has really been toned down even on the entry level machines. Yep, definitely have to get serious about getting one of these once I get the shop put back together and have a home for it. The way things are going, in 6 months they will be $100 with twice the resolution. :clown:
They are getting quite good, but the Ender 3 appears to be somewhat of a special breed. It takes some effort to tune, and I think the community has spent the time on it. I’m using profiles from fat dragon games largely, which is making it quite nice.

Having some trouble with a dragon tail printing but going to see if it’ll go with supports for extra grip on the print bed. These taller models are a bit of an issue for me currently, even with a heated bed. Feel like I need to find some more adhesion.

So a mate retrieved a bag of... basically wargaming gravel... from his attic, and handed it over to me for disposal.

Thus far I've stripped paint off almost 100 LotR metal minis, many out of production, and about 30 plastics. Piles of early slotta-base Warhammerdwarfs and orcs, and a few mid-90s 40k minis.

I've stripped and rebuilt 2 Eldar Falcon grav tanks, a Space Marine Rhino and a Tau Piranha flyer.

And the bag is still 99% full. Sadly, most of it really is shrapnel and crap - including a bar of soap, a used? elastoplast and lots of what looks like pubic hair... :sick: Tons of old 2nd Ed single-part Gretchen and Orcs and Chaos Space Marines, all splattered with paint.

You don't get many days like that, and I don't think I've caught herpes off the collection, so... win! :grin:

Someone was kind enough to give me a copy of Star Wars Rebellion. They neglected to mention it had been peed on by a cat. So that's going to be interesting to deal with.
Right now it's all sitting in coffee grounds.

Ogre: Battlefields arrived, and I ordered Talon and Talon 1000. Currently I have no way to actually store all my Ogre counters. I should have listened to Steve Jackson when I had the chance.

stevejogre.png

Getting Spirit Island next month.

My copy of Aeon's End: The New Age should ship this week. Apparently everyone who added promos to their pledge was delayed due to product not being shipped with everything else.

Got Ogre Battlefields over the weekend. :smile: My FLGS had it, despite it being Kickstarter-only. They're aces like that :smile:.

(Mildly embarrassing story: I did actually support the Kickstarter for Ogre Battlefields, but it was my first time supporting a Kickstarter and I didn't really understand exactly how it worked, so I accidentally supported at a level where I got some of the neat bonus stuff... but not Ogre Battlefields itself, haha).

Between ODE, Ogre 6th Edition, Ogre Reinforcements, Ogre Battlefields, at least one (and often two) of the ODE backer counter sheets, all of the ODE kickstarter sheets including the exclusives, and all of the kickstarter sheets for Ogre Battlefields my family is starving can someone help me budget a storage solution?:grin:

I've actually got a couple in mind, and my primary issue is finding a place for all the new 2.5d Ogres and buildings.

I got all of my counters from Ogre Reinforcements to fit into my Ogre 6E box, along with 6E itself. Don't have a solution for Ogre Battlefields yet...

All of the ODE counters + related countersheets from the kickstarter fit in the ODE box. All the 6e+ Battlefields fit in the 6e box. I have nowhere to put the Battlefields stuff and when I do I kind of want all of my counters to be organized, which is difficult to do with the provided materials in ODE and 6e.

A couple of pictures of what I’m currently printing. .6mm nozzle, which is larger, but the quality is strong and it’s 30% faster. Appropriate for terrain

Forgot to mention I got Spirit Island + Branch and Claw + the promo spirits.

I think it might be a couple months before I get more games.

My latest "new shiny" is the Journeys in Middle-Earth board game from FFG. I busted open the box over the weekend, and primered the miniatures. Started painting the goblins last night.

I was really lusting after that one after seeing The Sorastro painting videos, especially as it's not visually based on the Jackson fillms, but I already own 5 Tolkien games I don't have any chance to play, and way too many Grenadier, Heritage, and Citadel LOTR minis.

I bought a copy of Shadows of Brimstone... pre-owned but never assembled/played... for cheap.
At first I wanted it for the monster figures... but then liked the theme of it, and that it's cooperative... and would work solo.
It hasn't even arrived yet and I'm wondering what add-ons I want to get. Some of them seem to drift pretty far from the 'old west' origins...

Yesterday, my games from the Steve Jackson Games Pocket Box Games of the 80s arrived. I'm most excited for Battlesuit, since I love all things Ogre. Also looking forward to trying out Kung Fu 2100, One Page Bulge, Raid on Iran, and Necromancer. Got a few others, but only because, at that point, it was cheaper to buy the big bundle of games than to individually buy the ones I really wanted.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back