New edition of WH40K

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Supposedly not full Epic, since it's limited to HH marine vs. marine action.
I read somewhere that it's the same scale as Aeronautica Imperialis, so maybe Aeldari and Orks are on the menu. (Not versed enough in the lore to say T'au and Necrons were already in 30k).

I read somewhere that it's the same scale as Aeronautica Imperialis, so maybe Aeldari and Orks are on the menu. (Not versed enough in the lore to say T'au and Necrons were already in 30k).
Tau, definitely not.
Necrons are older than the Eldar, so yes, but they’re all fast asleep. :sleep:

Last edited:
Give it time. GW is all about the new product churn. They'll always need something to sell you tomorrow.

Mathhammer is not a replacement for actual game experience but I started using UnitCrunch a few days ago to optimize my unit loadouts for this weekend's games. I stumbled across this video today and think it will be helpful to newcomers as well as veterans of previous editions who are returning to 10th.

Weird Reddit nerds massively overstate the usefulness of mathhammer but I have to admit it's a useful tool, especially when you have to choose between similarly priced units with the same role or are selecting an optimal loadout for a specific enemy type.

501st Assault Regiment, 1000 points
  • Ursula Creed 55
  • Cadian Command Squad 65
  • Cadian Shock Squad x2 (blob) 130
  • Catachan Squad x2 (screeners) 130
  • Basilisk x2 270
  • Scout Sentinel x3 150
  • Leman Russ Exterminator 200
Total Points: 1000

During the Command Phase, give Sentinels Take Aim! During Shooting Phase, tag an enemy unit with Sentinel’s Daring Recon (reroll 1s, no indirect penalty) followed by Exterminator’s Withering Hail (+1 AP), then light 'em up with small arms and indirect fire. When needed, spend 2 CP on Fields of Fire for +1 AP or spend 1CP on Expert Bombardiers for +1 to Hit

Remember your training and you will make it back alive!

Last edited:
Now GW seems to be following WOTC's map of leading the faithful into a subscription-based rules addendum... making the official army list calculator part their Warhammer+ 'service' (and raising the price at the same time). Not really any skin off my nose... unless other games start to follow the money leader.

Now GW seems to be following WOTC's map of leading the faithful into a subscription-based rules addendum... making the official army list calculator part their Warhammer+ 'service' (and raising the price at the same time). Not really any skin off my nose... unless other games start to follow the money leader.

Figured that was coming since any kind of force balancing mechanism was removed from the print products. There was no way in hell they were going to keep doing free PDF "balance tweaks" forever.

For Legions Imperialis these two small quotes, at the very bottom of an update:

While we had initially hoped to release Legions Imperialis in August, the release date will now be a little later in the year. Don’t worry – you’ll be commanding a tiny legion of troops to victory very soon.
Phew! This months' paycheck is safe.

* The box actually contains 40 miniatures in total, but several of them combine to make 28 game pieces – which are known as miniatures in the Legions Imperialis rules. So one base of five infantry miniatures counts as a single model for rules purposes.
Also known as deceitful advertising. This 40-miniatures box for example has 12 supporting crew mini's for some weapons, so only 28 actual units to field.
1691141109175.png

For Legions Imperialis these two small quotes, at the very bottom of an update:

Phew! This months' paycheck is safe.

Also known as deceitful advertising. This 40-miniatures box for example has 12 supporting crew mini's for some weapons, so only 28 actual units to field.
View attachment 65556
Why am I not surprised and instead just bemused?

In Epic scale, what is the approx. footprint of an Imperator Class Titan like the Dies Irae? 2 Coca Cola cans? Bigger, smaller?

1691255247297.png

If you take the small robed figure at the foot of the right leg as a standard human = 2/3 of an Astartes..
The Imperator is the next in size after the Warlord Titans we have in A.T., but I'm not sure yet what base size the squads are going to get in Legions Imperialis. (Edit: 25mm diameter).

Anyway, now the HH Cerastus Lancer has broken the $200 limit, maybe GW will offer us an Epic Imperator for $250? :errr:

1691255665605.png
Fenris-77 Fenris-77 I think I found your small banana on the Warlord Titan here:
1691255888098.png

I know you said Epic scale, but these are always fun.
GC80I.jpg80046-40k Scale Titan, Apocalypse, Chaos, Chaos Titan, Emperor, Emperor Titan.jpg

Here's a guy's quest to get an Adeptus Titanicus Imperator going.
Here's the Titan in hand...
47509177_206463323571225_1300998679754178560_n.jpg
Here's it compared to other Titans...
DSC07154.JPG

Here's one of those Warlords on Ebay, the base is supposed to be 60mm...
s-l500.jpg

Here's current GW base sizes...with my guesses...
40k bases-4a.jpg

You could reach out to that guy who put together that Old Skool Imperator, but I'm betting on 100mm.

Attachments

• 40k bases-4.jpg
    40k bases-4.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 1
Epic Scale announced.

No Imperial Guard.

Squats, even if they were included, are probably the Votan.

GW is just taunting me, and they don't even know it.

I just read the latest ToW article on Warhammer Community an I AM GOING TO SAVE SO MUCH MONEY! Except for the big poster map there's nothing of interest for me in The Olde World.

Moar to spend on plastic 30k Solar Auxilia. :shade:

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back