New Member Introductions

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yes, cast from the bowels of the Purple Abyss, Doom survives the machinations of the those petty jealousies and slanderous deviants. Hark and rejoice that you may now bask in his underappreciated genius now that he walks among you! Doom asks nothing in return but blind obedience!
Okay, but I draw the line at a dress code. If you want my mankini, you'll have to take it.

Does anyone else get the urge to tell the folks who got banned elsewhere and dislike somewhere else we have some nasty jobs for them to do? I mean come on its begging to be down and what's the other option? Let's have them clean up all my old typos or fact check some story game vs traditional games threads.
We have to be able to come up with some sort of hazing rituals!

Does anyone else get the urge to tell the folks who got banned elsewhere and dislike somewhere else we have some nasty jobs for them to do? I mean come on its begging to be down and what's the other option? Let's have them clean up all my old typos or fact check some story game vs traditional games threads.
We have to be able to come up with some sort of hazing rituals!
In the old days we just asked them to prove they weren't geese.

We could have new members prove themselves by sending them off to kill a goose and make a cloak from its feathers. A sort of rite of passage.
Until we realise this puts them in direct contact with geese and their nefarious mind control. Next thing you know we're surrounded by infiltrators wearing swan feather shawls. Could you tell the difference?

Hello. Just arrived from rpg.net. Got a one week ban for some bullshit (posted my explanation in the "how did you end up here" thread), realized there was a proper introduction thread, so I made my way here.
Welcome aboard! It's good to see you.

Just be aware that the price of things around here not being very serious is that they are sometimes very silly.

My favorite Doom comics were the Super Villain Team-ups

View attachment 54090

Good choice. However I would say my favourite Doom comic is Dr Doom and the Masters of Evil. At the very least, surely we can agree it is, the best Dr Doom and Princess Python comic?

Doctor_Doom_and_the_Masters_of_Evil_Vol_1_1.jpg

I’ve been posting here long enough, I ought to introduce myself. Short version: I got hold of D&D in 1979 and kept going from there, though I reject the label of “grognard.” I write stuff, read stuff, and try to shy away from controversy. Hello, all.

We could have new members prove themselves by sending them off to kill a goose and make a cloak from its feathers. A sort of rite of passage.
The problem with this is that it produces a very low recruitment rate because of the ones the geese don't turn only a few ever make it back. I suspect they end up as a cloak on a goose.

Hey! I thought I'd pop in an introduce myself. My name is Pat and, as part of my love for the hobby, I am a small (nay... TINY) indie publisher. Been mostly quiet the past couple of years but the recent drama regarding the OGL and continued work on some projects and some research somehow landed me here!

It's been a while since I've been part of any forum type community but after checking out RPG Pub, it looked really cool so I signed up and... well... here I am!

I will say this with authority borne of deep and wide experience. This forum is not like other RPGs forums, and not least of all because of how fucking awesome it is.

Last edited:
I will say this authority borne of deep and wide experience. This forum is not like other RPGs forums, and not least of all because of how fucking awesome it is.
I have participated in RPG forums since back when they were hosted on local dial-up BBS's that I logged into on my Commodore 64.

And from just the little I've seen so far, "fucking awesome" seems like an apt description of this place.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all.

I have participated in RPG forums since back when they were hosted on local dial-up BBS's that I logged into on my Commodore 64.

And from just the little I've seen so far, "fucking awesome" seems like an apt description of this place.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all.
I've posted on just about every RPG forum ever, and many forums related to other hobbies (fantasy sports and basketball especially) and this place really does stand out. It is officially my happy place. You have chosen ... wisely.

I've posted on just about every RPG forum ever, and many forums related to other hobbies (fantasy sports and basketball especially) and this place really does stand out. It is officially my happy place. You have chosen ... wisely.

Preach on, Brother Fenris!

I ask myself almost every day why I still read (or at least browse the thread titles) of the site that has a Penchant for Purple. And every time, I'm amazed at the anger and general hostility that is the norm there these days. I was kinda following a Lets Read thread about DCC, and its devolving into 3 or 4 bastards basically saying over and over that they don't like the game. Then why are you reading it? :madgoose:

Ugh...anyway, I look at that site before I come here, and its just a reminder every day how great this place is...so please don't kick me out! Lol

Preach on, Brother Fenris!

I ask myself almost every day why I still read (or at least browse the thread titles) of the site that has a Penchant for Purple. And every time, I'm amazed at the anger and general hostility that is the norm there these days. I was kinda following a Lets Read thread about DCC, and its devolving into 3 or 4 bastards basically saying over and over that they don't like the game. Then why are you reading it? :madgoose:

Ugh...anyway, I look at that site before I come here, and its just a reminder every day how great this place is...so please don't kick me out! Lol
Warning - Aggressive bootlicking

Hi all!

Thought I’d post a brief intro. My name‘s Malc, and I’ve been playing RPGs and board games since 1976. I’m UK based, and have played and run sooo many RPGs over time. Got really going again during the lockdows, when I started up a weekly session over VTT, which is still running.

My favourit’s RPGs include Ars Magica, Runequest and the Year Zero Engine; but my tolerance for crunch seems to get lower every year!

Hi all!

Thought I’d post a brief intro. My name‘s Malc, and I’ve been playing RPGs and board games since 1976. I’m UK based, and have played and run sooo many RPGs over time. Got really going again during the lockdows, when I started up a weekly session over VTT, which is still running.

My favourit’s RPGs include Ars Magica, Runequest and the Year Zero Engine; but my tolerance for crunch seems to get lower every year!
Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Pub! Ars Magica is one of my favourites too.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back