New Policy: Smilies and Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

A Fiery Flying Roll

Hating Dungeons and Dragons before it was cool
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We think that the thing causing the recent technical problems for some people is the strain on bandwith caused by these extras.

From Sunday, we shall be disabling all images on the board. While drastic, we hope people will agree this is justified to improve the user experience for everyone.

Admit, it's the Geese Smilies, right!

Though I do admit the Dank Memes thread did cause lot of errors too.
I am going to miss the Real Life Inspirations, Fantasy Locales and other gaming related image threads.

Edit:duhScreenshot_20230401_175529_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't destroy it with emoticons! They have a limit of 10 emojis per post, anyway...:thumbsup:
It's the moderators that lead most people with interesting opinions to leave, not me:shade:!

Yes, I checked that out the first time you mentioned it. They were being really silly. We're at a better forum now, so we can have a bit of a chuckle at their silliness.

Hey, did the number of available smileys get reduced recently, or has it been that way for a while?

Or am I just completely misremembering and what we have now is what we always had access to on the smiley button (65 smileys)?

Hey, did the number of available smileys get reduced recently, or has it been that way for a while?

Or am I just completely misremembering and what we have now is what we always had access to on the smiley button (65 smileys)?
I've not noted anything different, could have missed some lines of smileys going "poof" though. Maybe the geese ate em.

1687459150796.png

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back