Nightfall to publish the Stokerverse

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The movie Bram Stoker’s Dracula was awesome, but there’s one part I really never like about vampire movies...how the vampires suck in combat.

Vlad Tepes, a descendant of Attila, saved Europe from the Ottoman Empire practically singlehandedly, and then gets taken out by a Texan with a Bowie Knife. The dude was great in melee combat at a time when if you weren’t, you were dead, and THEN becomes the First Vampire.

Yeah, I know, God’s Madmen, etc, but still...I want the vampire movie where it opens with the guys hunting the Master Vampire and not finding him, and offing his bride instead, and then he wakes up and lays waste to the entire fucking town.

Dacre Stoker seems like a fairly prolific author.

But uh, as with anything Nightfall do, my worry is whether they have the time and money to support this game line. They're still a fairly small company, they already have two fairly chunky lines in active development, and they've never exactly been fast. Hope they haven't bitten (Pun not intended) off more than they could chew here.

actually i'd buy a game or sourcebook based on Bit pretty much straight away. even if it was an s5s game.
So to confirm, up until June 2021 Nightfall Games has never had any employees, all products to then have either been done unpaid or paid on a commissioned basis.
Since June we have 2 full time employees (Me and Dave) and one part time (Jared), we also now have also around 10 commissioned artists, 10 artists and 1 part time project manager.

As such we will see a ramp up of products, RPG lines and frequency of release.

SLA, The Terminator, StokerVerse and Harrowvale each have a designated paid project lead or soon will have.

For any, like myself, that didn't know what Harrowvale was:

Reading it, that looks more interesting than the Stokerverse to me.

Vlad Tepes, a descendant of Attila, saved Europe from the Ottoman Empire practically singlehandedly, and then gets taken out by a Texan with a Bowie Knife. The dude was great in melee combat at a time when if you weren’t, you were dead, and THEN becomes the First Vampire.

The Stokerverse will reveal that Dracula had actually been under long-term mind control to losr to the Texan by the armadillo he kept in his castle.

So to confirm, up until June 2021 Nightfall Games has never had any employees, all products to then have either been done unpaid or paid on a commissioned basis.
Since June we have 2 full time employees (Me and Dave) and one part time (Jared), we also now have also around 10 commissioned artists, 10 artists and 1 part time project manager.

As such we will see a ramp up of products, RPG lines and frequency of release.

SLA, The Terminator, StokerVerse and Harrowvale each have a designated paid project lead or soon will have.
Harrowvale sounds good, from the very brief preview I've seen posted somewhere. Interested in that.

My uncle was Jeff Torrington (a faintly popular author from the Scottish side of my family), doesn't mean I should be following in his footsteps. My online posts prove that.
Yeah, but I am distantly related the John L. Balderston that wrote the Broadway play and screenplay for Dracula. I'm pretty sure that means I get a cut of the profits from the Stokerverse.

For any, like myself, that didn't know what Harrowvale was:

Reading it, that looks more interesting than the Stokerverse to me.
Most of the listed inspirations for that setting are unknown to me, so I had to look them up... lots of 80s working class drama... along with 2000 AD.
The mention of killing monsters and selling their guts to a wizard also sings out to me as being my sort of thing.
Now I'm very interested in having a look...

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back