Nonsense battle cries!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
My favorite is an old classic:

"SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"

I'll give you a cookie if you're an old enough grognard to remember this.
It's a popular one; we must have a lot of Tick fans:
Well, there are always the classics: "Spoon!" and "Not in the Face! Not in the Face!"

giphy.gif

Last edited:
"I care a lot!"

(or [insert other banal show title concocted by lazy writers these days]).

"Never interrupt coffee time!!!"
This is just good common sense. It's not so much a battlecry as much as it's an Axiom punishable by intense discomfort and pain should it be transgressed.

My battlecries of late have been...

Fisticuff-specialized Irishman in Deadlands - STUGGUDDA! (which is the sound of my fists smashing into someone's torso repeatedly).

Monk/Martial-artist characters in D&D/other rpgs, never seriously, but obviously - Shoryuken! or Hadouken! Along with Tiger-Tiger-Tiger-Uppercut/Knee!!

My son got flustered when he joined my playing group, and while playing a fighter-type, was repeatedly asked if he had a battle-cry/catch-phrase (And I should add, this is not a "thing" with my group, it just happened impromptu) - so my son sarcastically yelled "PENIS!" at us. Now... it's a joke-war cry that happens at my table.

at least it's not ANYCOCK'LLDO!

which would have a different kind a vibe.
It's hard to say if that is a battlecry or an offer to parley. Every culture has their own social norms. Bonobos I think use random sex as a way to keep tension out of the society.

It's hard to say if that is a battlecry or an offer to parley. Every culture has their own social norms. Bonobos I think use random sex as a way to keep tension out of the society.
Exactly. Bonobos society would take that to be akin to "PARTY TIME!"

totally different vibe.

"Are you boo-ing Shakespeare?!?!?!" Is a favorite around my house.

Wasn't "I come in peace" from some eighties movie and only said by the villain alien before he killed you? If so, take that, Alanis, and your nineties definition of irony!

"Are you boo-ing Shakespeare?!?!?!" Is a favorite around my house.

Wasn't "I come in peace" from some eighties movie and only said by the villain alien before he killed you? If so, take that, Alanis, and your nineties definition of irony!
Mars Attacks :smile:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back