Nonsense battle cries!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

E-Rocker

Not a goose
Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with some new bad-guy factions for my campaign, and I feel like some nonsense battle cries would help with inspiration. What have you got?

One I used in my old campaign was, "Leverage the synergistic paradigm!"

Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a RPG:

355. My monk's battlecry is not "Round 1: Fight!"

I'm currently playing a monk in 5e Spellslinger who looks nothing at all like David Carradine, but may once have uttered a victory yell of "Combo, Combo, Combo, FATALITY!"

355. My monk's battlecry is not "Round 1: Fight!"
Just using what some fight games say before each round could be a vast fount of nonsense battle cries.

Is it Blaz Blue or Guity Gear where the opener is: "Heaven or Hell! Engage!"

Well, there are always the classics: "Spoon!" and "Not in the Face! Not in the Face!"

and for the verbose:

"You ain't got no friends on your left! You're right! You ain't got no friends on your right! You're left!
Sound off, hound-dog, tree frog
!"

giphy.gif

A low droning chant, barely heard over the misty hills...
... finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good...

A low droning chant, barely heard over the misty hills...
... finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good, finger-licking good...

"Veronika! Veronika! Veronika!"
"Reveal and revel!
"Now is not!"

erm....

Actually, it is surprisingly hard to come up with something that is utter nonsense, as stated in the thread title, and yet still sounds somewhat plausible.

"Never interrupt coffee time!!!"
To be honest I stole that from my brother who was an engineer on ships. It was an actual rule and yelled at other crew who interrupted coffee time. His feeling was if he was the person who had to clean, replace and debug problems with the poop pipes he deserved uninterrupted coffee time.

I used to assign optional assignments to my players, which they could complete for ‘hero points,’ for things like re-rolls. One assignment was to come up with some battle cries. I found one of my players’ responses from circa 2002.

18B71BA1-8595-48D1-9401-446076E1F9FE.jpeg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back