Not Cool Miniatures

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Picaroon Jack

And the Brothers Slack
Reaction score
We have a cool miniatures thread, but I didn't see any place for this one. At first I was horrified ("thin your paints!" flashback), but then I appreciates the "what if?" aspect of what 100 layers would look like.

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 10.10.43 AM.png

Heroclix are hit or miss, but most of them would probably go in this thread's category. I have a bunch that I planned on using for rpg figs, and a bunch of them just need minor touch ups. Then there are ones like this:

av001.jpeg

Heroclix are hit or miss, but most of them would probably go in this thread's category. I have a bunch that I planned on using for rpg figs, and a bunch of them just need minor touch ups. Then there are ones like this:

View attachment 52169
Moon knight looks bad.

They are still better than the first wave of Mage Knight figures. I'm not a good mini painter at all, and I could still paint far better than those were.

I wonder if the experience with Mage Knight resulted in better painters by the time D&D minis rolled around.
How are they? I've not seen any of the pre-painted ones in real life.

D&D from the last couple Saturdays. The dungeon is $3 foam board, $ 3 white paint, $3 black paint, half a dozen gluesticks.

Attachments

• SUNP0079.JPG
    SUNP0079.JPG
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 15
  • SUNP0078.JPG
    SUNP0078.JPG
    975.7 KB · Views: 15
  • SUNP0075.JPG
    SUNP0075.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • SUNP0074.JPG
    SUNP0074.JPG
    899.3 KB · Views: 17
  • SUNP0073.JPG
    SUNP0073.JPG
    874.6 KB · Views: 17
I wonder if the experience with Mage Knight resulted in better painters by the time D&D minis rolled around.

I remember the D&D minis being better. The Mage Knight ones improved somewhat too with later sets. The first ones were reaaally rough, though.

Here's some crap paint jobs I've been working on this week since the bug bit me to ruin some models.

murderlook.jpg

I'm not entirely done, but honestly they're really not going to look any better than this. Look upon the torture I have done to these models and despair! Weep at my unthinned and slathered paints! Muhahahahaha!

I still have a 3 bike Outrider squad and my Bike Captain (Jetek Suberei from Kill Deam Cassius/Deathwatch:Overkill) to do. They're all primed and ready for me to ruin.

Here's some crap paint jobs I've been working on this week since the bug bit me to ruin some models.

View attachment 52676

I'm not entirely done, but honestly they're really not going to look any better than this. Look upon the torture I have done to these models and despair! Weep at my unthinned and slathered paints! Muhahahahaha!

I still have a 3 bike Outrider squad and my Bike Captain (Jetek Suberei from Kill Deam Cassius/Deathwatch:Overkill) to do. They're all primed and ready for me to ruin.
Those look good to me.

Those look good to me.

I know, right? You'd think this thread has to potential to be a true Pub comedy classic,. And it started so well with some really terrible paint jobs. But it's all been up hill from there and the lastest post are looking disappointingly normal.

I know, right? You'd think this thread has to potential to be a true Pub comedy classic,. And it started so well with some really terrible paint jobs. But it's all been up hill from there and the lastest post are looking disappointingly normal.
Yup, that needs to be addressed. Allow me..

1670530541585.png

Story of my life. I need to try harder just to be awful.

View attachment 52676

Still 1000% better than Grey Legion minis.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back