Nu-TSR suing WotC: Schadenfreude is back on the menu, boys!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I've read it, yeah. It doesn't change the fact that Zak got sanctioned, as Tenkar says.

However Zak's legal stuff shakes out, and if he is innocent, I hope he is exonerated, know this: I disliked Zak intensely before any of this came out. A lot of people did. Because Zak is an asshole. If Zak is exonerated, I will be glad that the legal system worked as intended. And I will still go on believing Zak is an asshole and a horrible person, for reasons that have nothing to do with the allegations made by Mandy.

Zak is the personification of the Ozzy Osbourne quote, "You meet a lot of people on the way up
.. Don't fuck them, 'cause you'll meet them on the way down, too."

Zak could be the recipient of a LOT more Goodwill from the RPG community, but he chose to be a prick, to everyone, for years. While I have no wish to see Zak, or anyone else, suffer because of something they didn't do, I think Zak has consistently treated people like shit, and should not be shielded from the consequences of those actions.

When you spend years sowing Ill will, don't act surprised when no one is willing to go out of their way to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah it's not the "he said she said" stuff most of us dislike him for. It the just the "he said". Its nice and clean and doesn't involve anyone but him.

Back on topic, Michael just quit nuTSR. I love how these guys sure seem to love giving themselves titles, like when we were 10 year old, to sound so self important. "Sir" Justin LaNasa, CCO and PRO for Michael? You're a company of 2 people (Well, one now). Good lord...

I've had these so-called biscuits and gravy. Not sure why they are being compared to scones, the ones I had were closer to shortbread... Uggg

I've had these so-called biscuits and gravy. Not sure why they are being compared to scones, the ones I had were closer to shortbread... Uggg

Yeah the whole american biscuit = scones kinda confuses me. Having spent a decade in europe and have had both many many times. They're different beasts really.

Also a good sausage gravy is awesome, though not fucking healthy at all. lol. I can't abide any bread product that's saturated in any type of liquid personally, it just sets off my gag reflex, always has.

That said, I love dipping an awesome buttermilk biscuit into some gravy. Which is different since the gravy is just "on" the biscuit and not saturated into it.

I was a pain in the ass with Army cooks back in the 80s when I had "shit(gravy) on a shingle(bread or biscuit)" as it was known there. I always requested the "shingles" to be set to the side so that the shit didn't soak into the shingle.

They were bad biscuits then. I am a fully paid up scone loving Briton of good standing but my wife is from Oregon so I have experienced the true wonderment of proper biscuits and gravy in their native habitat.
She can go for the waffles but frankly screw the waffles we've got Belgium (checks current Brexit rules) sorry, had Belgium for that kinda thing. It's biscuits and gravy for breakfast for me when we visit.

Biscuits and gravy is sublime in its simplicity. Food of the gods. And I'm not even from the south (tho I live here), where gravy is one of the five food groups!

Biscuits and gravy is sublime in its simplicity. Food of the gods. And I'm not even from the south (tho I live here), where gravy is one of the five food groups!
I think you'll find that gravy is actually two of the five, with it's tasty little toes stuck into one or two of the other groups as well.

My first encounter with biscuits and gravy was more of a Monty Python sketch...

The bus on the way to Yosemite stopped for a break and I went to some fast food outfit that resembled KFC. I ordered chicken and chips fries.
"Sorry, the biscuits aren't ready."
"I don't want biscuits." I already knew this was some cultural thing that was going to upset someone.
"What are you going to dip in your gravy?"
"umm, my fries"
"It's potatoes with that meal."
"I will just take fries and gravy"
Suddenly a tray of freshly baked biscuits appeared and I think the server registered the look of horror on my face. I paid for my order and took it back to the bus to discover I had been given shrimp, fries, gravy, and a biscuit.

Biscuits and gravy... I grew up in Massachusetts in the 60s and 70s so I didn't encounter this culinary delight. Somehow I got through 12 years of living in North Carolina without trying biscuits and gravy. Fast forward to married life in Oregon. My wife grew up with biscuits and gravy and eventually I tried some off her plate. I've had biscuits and gravy ranging from so-so to divine. When my wife decides to make it, it's divine.

I still have resisted any urge to try grits, though I'd probably like them just fine, I like cream of wheat, oatmeal, and even farina.

As to bread or anything bread-like soaked in gravy, it depends. Without context, it's certainly yucky, but I love open faced turkey sandwiches slathered in gravy, I love (but my tummy doesn't love) GOOD French onion soup (the best was from the Holmes and Watson pub in Troy NY), I can enjoy eggs Benedict (another culinary treat I never tried until my wife offered me some off her plate), it isn't Thanksgiving without turkey stuffing, sometimes I can go for bread pudding. But soak bread in the wrong context... The worst was my mom's banana bread set out to be cut next to the coffee which would spill and soak the banana bread... No shit, that's why I have NO interest in drinking coffee, I take my coffee in ice cream or thick shake form thank you... (and I've had a coffee thick shake made by making a coffee syrup in the bottom of a shake tumbler with vanilla soft serve loaded in and then mixed properly - it startled me watching them make it since I hadn't considered the implications of coffee ice cream... it was good).

Yeah it's not the "he said she said" stuff most of us dislike him for. It the just the "he said". Its nice and clean and doesn't involve anyone but him.
My perspective is similar: the "he said" is more than enough to tire me out. I am personally inclined to give Mandy the benefit of the doubt on "she said" because it fits the rest of the picture too well, but you could scrub that out entirely and forgot it was ever mentioned he would still be a very tedious person to interact with who was usually a net negative to any conversation he decided to latch onto.

On to more interesting stuff...
Back on topic, Michael just quit nuTSR. I love how these guys sure seem to love giving themselves titles, like when we were 10 year old, to sound so self important. "Sir" Justin LaNasa, CCO and PRO for Michael? You're a company of 2 people (Well, one now). Good lord...
Does he say why anywhere? Where did he announce this?

Unless they were being shrunk down to microscopic size and injected into James Ward to help him finish writing Giantlands I woudn't call the NuTSR journey a "Fantastic Voyage".

Also... didn't they give up on the TSR name? Are they now pivoting back to using it again or is Michael just being sloppy with his terms? (But you'd think the PR guy would be the one who's extra careful to use the current name for the firm.)

Wait...Michael was a real person? Or did Justin just retire one of his imaginary friends?

I was a pain in the ass with Army cooks back in the 80s when I had "shit(gravy) on a shingle(bread or biscuit)" as it was known there. I always requested the "shingles" to be set to the side so that the shit didn't soak into the shingle.
I went to Fort Sill for my MOS training in 1993 and all of us Marines were like hillbillies wowed by the big city when we realized that the Army chow hall had civilian cooks like it was Denny's or something. It was a common joke in our Marine company that we had all made a huge mistake after doing PT in the freezing cold wearing tiny shorty shorts and thin t-shirts while the Army recruits are in comfy sweat pants and sweat shirts!

I went to Fort Sill for my MOS training in 1993 and all of us Marines were like hillbillies wowed by the big city when we realized that the Army chow hall had civilian cooks like it was Denny's or something. It was a common joke in our Marine company that we had all made a huge mistake after doing PT in the freezing cold wearing tiny shorty shorts and thin t-shirts while the Army recruits are in comfy sweat pants and sweat shirts!
I was army, and I don't recall having any civilian cooks. Might have been an unusual thing you experienced. For a similar story, when I was in Bosnia, all of us army guys were in WWII GP Medium tents with old pot bellied stoves. Across the flightline? The (ch)Air Force folks had new nylon tents with A/C and heating ducted in, and had civilian cooks. That's when I realized I joined the wrong branch lol.

I was army, and I don't recall having any civilian cooks. Might have been an unusual thing you experienced. For a similar story, when I was in Bosnia, all of us army guys were in WWII GP Medium tents with old pot bellied stoves. Across the flightline? The (ch)Air Force folks had new nylon tents with A/C and heating ducted in, and had civilian cooks. That's when I realized I joined the wrong branch lol.
It could have been an unusual one-off thing- that's my only experience on an Army base so I assumed civilian cooks were common. Like I said we were a company of Marines on an Army base for our MOS training (artillery) so the entire situation was unconventional. I think we used the same chow hall as the Army boot camp recruits.

I used to game with an Air Force dude who said he realized he joined the right service when he saw Marines lining up at a dirty ol' water buffalo in the scorching desert while his unit had a pallet of bottled water dropped in. He was astonished people were expected to drink out of that thing

For those of you who don't know what a water buffalo is imagine drinking out of this thing in a desert. Except it's been in the field for a while exposed to the elements and doesn't look like it's ready for inspection like in the pic below.

water-bull-400-gallon-31.jpg

I lived just south of pendleton & the guys there told the same joke:
Marine in a fox hole, out of ammo & getting shot at and mortars says, "This is the s#1+!"
Army man in a bunker, low on ammo & getting shot at says, "This is the s#1+!"
Navy man on a destroyer trading cannon shells says, "This is the s#1+!"
Airforce man has the cable go out in his room and says, "Well aint this some s#1+!"

It could have been an unusual one-off thing- that's my only experience on an Army base so I assumed civilian cooks were common. Like I said we were a company of Marines on an Army base for our MOS training (artillery) so the entire situation was unconventional. I think we used the same chow hall as the Army boot camp recruits.

I used to game with an Air Force dude who said he realized he joined the right service when he saw Marines lining up at a dirty ol' water buffalo in the scorching desert while his unit had a pallet of bottled water dropped in. He was astonished people were expected to drink out of that thing

For those of you who don't know what a water buffalo is imagine drinking out of this thing in a desert. Except it's been in the field for a while exposed to the elements and doesn't look like it's ready for inspection like in the pic below.

View attachment 40610
Yeah, I think we might have joined the wrong branches lol. At least you Marines have the best uniforms.

Our actual living conditions (pardon the poor quality, I didn't have a great camera):

1642184763782.png

Air Force living conditions at the same time. note the AC units and wooden framed and floored tents.
1642184878397.png

Yeah that was a later thing. It was part of the ongoing changes that they were doing to all the military branches as I recall. Dick Cheney and crew wanting to privatize and bring in civilization companies to do as much of the logistical support as possible. I wasn't a fan and and still am not a fan of that. We had our own cooks MOS before that crap.

Now, the ones who lived large the whole time I was in were the Air Force. second to how well I noted that the Navy ate. But seriously the Air Force, wow. I don't even know where to begin.

I've read it, yeah. It doesn't change the fact that Zak got sanctioned, as Tenkar says.
But it's a non issue. If someone puts in a protective order, you have the option to oppose it. If you win, they have to pay the court fees. If they win, you have to pay. They won, he paid. Tenkar presents it like this is some great legal problem/setback. Other than the money, it's just business and fees as usual.

But it's a non issue. If someone puts in a protective order, you have the option to oppose it. If you win, they have to pay the court fees. If they win, you have to pay. They won, he paid. Tenkar presents it like this is some great legal problem/setback. Other than the money, it's just business and fees as usual.
Fair enough.

I don't think it'll be a problem much longer. I heard that Zak said something negative about cream added to brown sauce and now he's been marked for termination by Big Gravy.
Is that some euphemism, metaphor, or a combination of the two?

Is someone who lives in Texas, I believe in big gravy. You don't know how hard it is to order something without gravy on it around here. It's like I've gotten gravy on items after specifically requesting no gravy. It's not like I'm going to send it Back, I know the power of big gravy.

Is someone who lives in Texas, I believe in big gravy. You don't know how hard it is to order something without gravy on it around here. It's like I've gotten gravy on items after specifically requesting no gravy. It's not like I'm going to send it Back, I know the power of big gravy.
Texas.
Big boots, big hat, big belt buckle, big load o gravy on the ice cream.
gravy.jpg

No. Not on Ice cream that's a whole other religion than Texan. (Now ground sausage in gravy on biscuits is a thing, and on chicken fried steak, on well fried chicken tenders, steak fingers, if it isn't heart straining enough gravy is introduced.)

I lived just south of pendleton & the guys there told the same joke:
Marine in a fox hole, out of ammo & getting shot at and mortars says, "This is the s#1+!"
Army man in a bunker, low on ammo & getting shot at says, "This is the s#1+!"
Navy man on a destroyer trading cannon shells says, "This is the s#1+!"
Airforce man has the cable go out in his room and says, "Well aint this some s#1+!"
You forgot the Coast Guard.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back