Nu-TSR suing WotC: Schadenfreude is back on the menu, boys!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Oh heck yeah, back in the early 80s. We didn't know what they were, just fast moving lights that zipped in different directions. Back then we suspected they were military related. . .or weather balloons. Or swamp gas.

Once, my dad was able to look at one through binoculars but then it was gone. He said it looked like a crystal. But you can't always trust my dad. We were pretty much Scully-level skeptical back then.

Last edited:
I'm very basic, for a cooked breakfast I'm fond of something traditional like either beans on toast...
View attachment 40691
...or a sausage and black pudding roll. As I'm up in Scotland, haggis slices are also not exactly uncommon too, which I'm fond of.
You Brits eat more baked beans then the rest of the world combined. That's quite an achievement.

Scones was spoken, so it must be done.

Samsara. Perhaps in its next life it will be a croissant. :sun:

(edit: Nothing against scones, for all yogas strive to return to the source.)

What are those eggs? I mean, it's not all egg... but the egg over easy in something, right?

It's eggs in a brioche bun

" You heat 1/4 inch of olive oil in a heavy pan and when it's hot, you drop in a slice of brioche bread that has a hole cut in the middle. In the hole you crack an egg. You can sprinkle chopped onions, paprika, chopped tomatoes, salt on the egg part to season."

This is boxed Kraft Mac and Cheese for me. Is it quality food? Nope. Does it make me happy when I'm feeling sick or down? Yep.
My cheap comfort food is a toss-up between a carne asada burrito or a beef bowl from Yoshinoya.

Oh heck yeah, back in the early 80s. We didn't know what they were, just fast moving lights that zipped in different directions. Back then we suspected they were military related. . .or weather balloons. Or swamp gas.
Laundry bags filled with swamp gas.

I think my favorite breakfast is the one skillet fry-up you get from leftover sausages and baked potatoes, augmented with lots of onion, peppers, garlic and paprika and fried so there are lots of crispy bits, and then topped with a pair of over-medium eggs. A couple of slices of nice toast finish things off.

I think my favorite breakfast is the one skillet fry-up you get from leftover sausages and baked potatoes, augmented with lots of onion, peppers, garlic and paprika and fried so there are lots of crispy bits, and then topped with a pair of over-medium eggs. A couple of slices of nice toast finish things off.
I agree with this. Last night the wife wasn't feeling well so I was on my own for dinner. So I made one of the thing I like. Frying pan with olive oil. Into which goes frozen chopped spinach. Cut up rutabaga, potatoes, onions, garlic, and kielbasa. Place lid on pan, cook till veg is tender. Stirring occasionally. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top when done. I also like a generous amount of hot sauce. Last night I went with the classic Franks Red Hot.

Mac & cheese is one of my two comfort foods, the other being chicken and dumplings.
My mom was a dreadful cook, but she made really good chicken and dumplings so I always go back to that, too. (seriously though, there were tons of foods I thought I didn't like as a kid and then I found out my mom just can't cook for shit.)

My mom was a dreadful cook, but she made really good chicken and dumplings so I always go back to that, too. (seriously though, there were tons of foods I thought I didn't like as a kid and then I found out my mom just can't cook for shit.)

My mom was a pretty good cook, but for some reason her okra was nauseatingly awful. It was only after I became an adult that I discovered it was possible to fix okra in a way that I would enjoy eating.

My mom was a pretty good cook, but for some reason her okra was nauseatingly awful. It was only after I became an adult that I discovered it was possible to fix okra in a way that I would enjoy eating.
The only reason I knew I loved okra is because my grandma cooked it all the time, being an old southern lady.

I strangely am not super into chocolate. I prefer fruity sweets.

There are a few candy bars that I like though, like the Reese's Fast Break. And my wife does make a chocolate pudding cake for my birthday every year, which is my favorite kind of cake.

But mostly I'd rather have fruit pie/cobbler/etc.

The bad thing is I’m sort of addicted to M&Ms. I eat at least one 16 oz bag a week.

Mine tended to overcook things. To the point where we had a kitchen fire every few years including on my fifth birthday. Which didn't seem odd to me at all. After I graduated my parents hosted a foreign exchange student from Denmark. She was there about three weeks when my dad yelled down to her dinner was ready. She yell back up "can't be". He yelled down dinner was ready a few times always with the response can't be. Finally he yelled it one more time and she said cant be again. He yelled why? She yelled back up "the fire alarm hasn't gone off".

I thought I didn't like porkchops. Turns out that they are great when you don't turn them into hockey pucks.
I grew up on dry tough food and thought that was how it was supposed to be. I still enjoy things at a level of dryness that annoys everyone I know. Oh well

Peanut Butter is the best flavor.
Dark Chocolate is the best flavor. Fite me.

My mom was a good cook, when she wasn't cooking icky stuff - she liked Beets and Eggplant which are disgusting.

My dad cooked a few things, and cooked them very well. His turnip greens, collard greens, and sweet potatoes were to die for. Then with the left over sweet potatoes, he'd slice them, fry them and put brown sugar and butter on them. And cook them with a side of corn pancakes.

I could go for those aforementioned eggs Benedict right about now. Also, since this is the vortex Nu-TSR thread it would be appropriate for me to mention that I wonder what ever happened to nunchucks as being a thing? In the 80s they were all over the place. TMNT is probably the last place I've seen them in film.

I could go for those aforementioned eggs Benedict right about now. Also, since this is the vortex Nu-TSR thread it would be appropriate for me to mention that I wonder what ever happened to nunchucks as being a thing? In the 80s they were all over the place. TMNT is probably the last place I've seen them in film.

When I was in High School the neighborhood tough guy was all about the nunchucks. Then ... one day he was showing off in a somewhat intimidating way and accidentally nunchucked himself in the balls. That was the last we ever saw of them. I think he must have gotten tired of them. Or something.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back