Nu-TSR suing WotC: Schadenfreude is back on the menu, boys!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
That twitter account is still there and most of those post are still there, but he's not got anything up since 2018. Unless newer stuff was removed. He's not following anyone, and no one responds to his tweets (which are over 5000 posts), so I'm not sure who he is posting to other than for himself.

A guy I was in the army with (also from Tennessee like Dave) posts stuff similar to this and when I ask him about it, he says he is just joking to piss people off. I don't think he is just joking.
1652792342143.png
I will say since I've really weeded out folks I follow and limited them to certain topics (yep, a filter bubble), Twitter has been a much better place.
Why would you not do this, though?

Like, I have literally no interesting reading people trying to tell me that I am [excised], [excised], that I'm going to [excised], or any of the like. It just makes my day worse with no benefit to either side, it doesn't challenge me or give me a way to stretch myself, it's just venom. Why would you not block that shit?

View attachment 45749

Why would you not do this, though?

Like, I have literally no interesting reading people trying to tell me that I am [excised], [excised], that I'm going to [excised], or any of the like. It just makes my day worse with no benefit to either side, it doesn't challenge me or give me a way to stretch myself, it's just venom. Why would you not block that shit?
I just use twitter these days to follow TTRPG designers. It's really limited.

I need to figure out how to view my muted list to see how massive it is. LOL

That twitter account is still there and most of those post are still there, but he's not got anything up since 2018. Unless newer stuff was removed. He's not following anyone, and no one responds to his tweets (which are over 5000 posts), so I'm not sure who he is posting to other than for himself.

A guy I was in the army with (also from Tennessee like Dave) posts stuff similar to this and when I ask him about it, he says he is just joking to piss people off. I don't think he is just joking.
I know a guy who's about as Liberal/Left Wing as it gets, who enjoys getting people frothing on Twitter because he believes the vast majority of them are posers, who aren't anything except self-centered social media addicts. He says the real good and evil people don't do their work or recruit on Twitter.

I'm not saying this schmuck here or your friend is like that, but I've seen it happen.

PS - I thought stuff like that wasnt allowed on Twitter? Like I keep hearing stories of how certain groups are getting censored on that platform, so how can this guy just post dozens of the most vile bigoted and flat out Nazi memes?
Without getting into it, there's evidence of a bias. There's been videos of it recently if you want to look it up. BUT that's as far I'll go on this.

You know, if I was looking for a gig in the game industry these days, NOT A FUCKING NAZI would be the very first bullet point on my resumé.
Remember when you could tell that a gals standards were too low because her dating profile had the phrase "Must have working car!!!"

I miss the days when that was considered low.

Without getting into it, there's evidence of a bias. There's been videos of it recently if you want to look it up. BUT that's as far I'll go on this.

Yeah, I witnessed it several times during my time there, and was eventually banned for the crime of calling people "retard" one too many times during vitriolic discussions where the other side was also being insulting. They're just very inconsistent about their moderation and often rely on people reporting stuff to do anything (assuming that they do). And given the fact that this guy has apparently not being active since 2018 its unlikely they'd have reason to ban him for anything.

All I'm going to say is that actual, committed Nazis can eat my ass.

I'm kinda bummed out NuTSR turned out to be such a garbage fire, GiantLands looked kind of cool.

But what can you expect from the people who thought they were going to take a Billion Dollar Megacorporation head on and win?

Dunning-Kruger in action.

I am enjoying Tabletop Taproom's analysis. I don't doubt that Dave is a Nazi PoS. However something that gets missed in the Star Frontiers discussion is the fact that "Nordics" have been part of UFO folklore for a long time. Their presence is not itself evidence of Nazi sympathies but holy fuck everything else...

I am stunned it took him this long. To torture a metaphor, this like shutting the barn door after the farm's been foreclosed the house and the barn have both burned down and the horses are halfway across the state.

Last edited:
I am enjoying Tabletop Taproom's analysis. I don't doubt that Dave is a Nazi PoS. However something that gets missed in the Star Frontiers discussion is the fact that "Nordics" have been part of UFO folklore for a long time. Their presence is not itself evidence of Nazi sympathies but holy fuck everything else...
Why does that remind me of "Mission: Earth":shade:?

I just took another look at this cover and
HOLY FUCK
7Hbmwd.jpg

Not only are they poking Hasbro in the eye, but now they're begging to get sued by NBCUniversal and Disney? Go big or go home, I guess.

download.jpg

I think they made the change to Tzar to get back on Itch a few months ago. LOL

Why does that remind me of "Mission: Earth":shade:?
Probably because UFO folklore exists in a feedback loop with low-budget science fiction. Sci-fi authors were often influenced by fringe UFO journals and then weirdos would make up stories influenced by the work of sci-fi pulp authors and send them in to the UFO journals to re read by yet more pulp sci-fi authors and round and round it went.

I do not believe that UFO conspiracies are true, but I find them fascinating from a folklorist point of view. Watching the ebb and flow of trends in reports people make of seeing aliens, is fascinating. In the 1930's, 40's and 50's, aliens people reported encountering were generally of the little green men variety typified by the Kentucky Goblins. They were typically short, with round bulbous heads, green or bluish skin, may or may not have had antennae and sometimes glowed. Then as trends moved into the 60's and 70's the little green men started to fade away and be replaced by the so-called "Nordics:" tall blonde haired, blue-eyed beings who looked basically human. What happened?

Well during the 30's - the early 60's, the sci-fi market was dominated by Pulp magazines. Many of which frequently ran covers depicting aliens matching the descriptions of the little green men type aliens. However, by the 60's the Pulp magazine industry had largely died out. The means of science fiction consumption shifted from Pulp magazines to low-budget sci-fi movies and television. Limitations in budget and visual effects on The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone and Star Trek meant little aliens were untenable. So instead they would just put actors in funny clothes and call them aliens. Right around the same time that sightings of "Nordics" started to predominate. They remained the most commonly reported aliens people encountered until they were displaced by Tall Greys and Reptilians in the later 80's and 90's mostly due to people realizing how silly it was if aliens looked exactly like humans.

From a folklorist standpoint, this is a fascinating rabbit hole to go down. It gets even more fascinating if you look into the history of UFO Abduction reports. You can draw a direct line from modern UFO reports and The Shaver Mystery of the 40's.

From a folklorist standpoint, this is a fascinating rabbit hole to go down. It gets even more fascinating if you look into the history of UFO Abduction reports. You can draw a direct line from modern UFO reports and The Shaver Mystery of the 40's.
My feeling is that alien abductions are probably the same set of brain glitches that in older times were attributed to witches, faeries, cave spirits, whatever, and different cultures just see them through their own lenses.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back