Nu-TSR suing WotC: Schadenfreude is back on the menu, boys!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
After all of the comments about Tenkars voice, I finally succumbed and watched the video.

Not convinced that his voice deserves the attention it received.

I was transfixd by one element of the video though......

WHAT I CAN'T BELIEVE is that no-one mentioned that Tenkar has magic hair!!!

IT KEEPS ON APPEARING AND DISAPPEARING AS HE MOVES HIS HEAD.

Yes I'm assuming that its an artefact of the video production process somehow, but I'm sorry I was just so transfixed watching it that if anything else happened in the video I missed it!
That's why I don't use Zoom backgrounds. My wife had a photo of an Arizona landscape printed on a large, thin tapestry, and I affixed it to the wall behind my desk.
Screenshot from 2022-07-22 18-40-20.png

I was on a Zoom call with my wife and one our kids recently. I was driving my daughter and wife nuts because I kept messing around and making my arm and hand disappear because my wife likes to use Zoom backgrounds. I thought they were both were gonna kill me. lol

...What if the plan was to rush their product to market laden with objectionable content as possible? Then the plan was to threaten WotC with this reputation-damaging shit unless they paid up in arbitration?

Maybe I'm giving Dave and Justin too much credit?
What you describe sounds like it steps into the realm of criminal...so it would be incredibly stupid...what is the phrase...stupid is as stupid does :smile:

That's why I don't use Zoom backgrounds. My wife had a photo of an Arizona landscape printed on a large, thin tapestry, and I affixed it to the wall behind my desk.
View attachment 47888
You know how you can't unsee things even though you try?

Because I was talking about hair, for some reason I can't unsee the brush to the right of your head as part of your hair.

I keep on imagining you with these 'Fabio' style flowing locks that stream out behind you.....

View attachment 47888
I took a photo of the inside of my office and used that for my Zoom background when I was working from home (which was not approved). In a one on one meeting it wouldn't work, but in those big 8+ meetings no one noticed.

You know how you can't unsee things even though you try?

Because I was talking about hair, for some reason I can't unsee the brush to the right of your head as part of your hair.

I keep on imagining you with these 'Fabio' style flowing locks that stream out behind you.....
I wish lol

Zoom backgrounds seem to vary in effectiveness depending on the direction of your background lighting. I think if they are lit up from the side they are particularly bad.

There's been a fair amount happening, from what I gather. But, I'm not really following it, mainly because it's spread out in different places. I think someone mailed Tenkar some poop.

There's been a fair amount happening, from what I gather. But, I'm not really following it, mainly because it's spread out in different places. I think someone mailed Tenkar some poop.
My ex was doing some geocaching once, and found a cache that someone had pooped in. Just a big ol' turd in a box, as the prize for an internet scavenger hunt.

My ex was doing some geocaching once, and found a cache that someone had pooped in. Just a big ol' turd in a box, as the prize for an internet scavenger hunt.
Damn that's fucked up. About 20 years ago, I was hiking in AZ. I found an ammo box with "Jeff's Temple of BOOM Cache" written on it. I had no idea what geocaching was. I thought it was weird, so I called the police to check it out. The officer wanted me to come to the station, but I told him I'd wait for him at the site. When he arrived, I felt bad because he told me he was hoping I'd come to the station so he could get the location from me and ride the department's horse to the site. Goddamn, I miss AZ. Anyway, once he checked it out, identified it and explained geocaching to me, I felt like a dumbass. But, hey, 9/11 was still pretty fresh in people's minds at that point. Then I went to a Scottsdale sushi bar.

Damn that's fucked up. About 20 years ago, I was hiking in AZ. I found an ammo box with "Jeff's Temple of BOOM Cache" written on it. I had no idea what geocaching was. I thought it was weird, so I called the police to check it out. The officer wanted me to come to the station, but I told him I'd wait for him at the site. When he arrived, I felt bad because he told me he was hoping I'd come to the station so he could get the location from me and ride the department's horse to the site. Goddamn, I miss AZ. Anyway, once he checked it out, identified it and explained geocaching to me, I felt like a dumbass. But, hey, 9/11 was still pretty fresh in people's minds at that point. Then I went to a Scottsdale sushi bar.
TBH I think I'd have done the same in your situation, actually.

When I was actively geocaching, it always felt odd to be searching around in crevices and under benches in public; but what I generally found was that if you were open and confident about it, folk just thought you were crazy and left you alone. It's the sneaking about and trying to do a stealth that trips people off.

Wizard's Tower has a video, an open letter to Justin, with reciepts. Seems there are a few defectors from Justin's inner circle. Be aware, some of the language here is rough, ugly, and probably best not discussed at the 'Pub. Nothing surprising here, but enough to show that Dave Johnson is probably not an outlier, or at least that he and LanAsshole are shitbirds of a feather. I think WT has some interviews with Ernie as well. Not in this video, but in others.

Everyone seems to have pretty high tolerance for videos nowadays. I will read 50,000 words in one sitting before I watch a 2 minute video, let alone these monstrous long one that everyone keeps producing.

It’s leaving me in the dark for all this nonsense, but so be it, I guess

Everyone seems to have pretty high tolerance for videos nowadays. I will read 50,000 words in one sitting before I watch a 2 minute video, let alone these monstrous long one that everyone keeps producing.

Well, the Open Letter video has 224 Views (2 clicks by me, and maybe another 20 from this thread) so it's not like we won't be able to go on with our lives if we miss one or two.
The Slapped video has 32 Views...

I guess somebody must think they are doing something worthwhile.

(I managed 18 seconds on the Slapped video, and just click&leave on the second one. Life's too short so I just read the tl;dr over here)

Why write a paragraph when you can talk for 20inutes I guess? I don't get the whole love of video. Sometimes it's appropriate like in some how-to mechanical videos that show something not easily explained in words but more often than not it's just a longer way of conveying information.

There are a handful of video commentators I actually rate.

The rest would be far better served by the written word and an extensive editing process.

I find it dryly amusing how many of the people I see complaining of the lack of professional game reviews are utterly opposed to the idea that you should pay for content. We live in a click driven media landscape because that's what people decided to support.

As ye fuck around, so shall ye find out...

I hope idiots won't spin this as big, mean Wizards kicking the little guy. Sometimes, the little guy has it coming.

Just wait until discovery, what we know of the NuTSR reprehensible content is likely just the tip of the iceberg. All those e-mails, tweets, posts, having to reveal their sock puppets, etc., etc. I'd say NuTSR should be more worried about sanctions, paying Wizards attorney fees and fraud upon the Trademark Office.

I hope idiots won't spin this as big, mean Wizards kicking the little guy. Sometimes, the little guy has it coming.

Oh, I don't think you'd need to look far for that kind of thing. The idiots were already spinning it as Wizards picking on the little guy long before this.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back