Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steller/ Star Periphery

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Distant Reaches

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Something Else?

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, that or Stellar Fringe, which I voted for just so there'd be some variety in the results.

Well, it got the most votes so far. I don't know why my brain is stuck on Starverge (I blame Stargrave really..for sticking the idea in my head at all.)

Well, it got the most votes so far. I don't know why my brain is stuck on Starverge (I blame Stargrave really..for sticking the idea in my head at all.)
Verge makes me think of 'trimming the verge' as much as anything else. Will there be hobbits pulled in through windows for eavesdropping?

Verge makes me think of 'trimming the verge' as much as anything else. Will there be hobbits pulled in through windows for eavesdropping?
I've never made that kind of connection in my mind. Probably because it's used that way in Britain not Texas, I've heard verge mostly to mean "close to something" or "at the edge of something."

I've never made that kind of connection in my mind. Probably because it's used that way in Britain not Texas, I've heard verge mostly to mean "close to something" or "at the edge of something."
That is the standard definition, yes.

So Distant Reaches wins.
Current Stats:
Might*Stamina:
Agility*Reflexes:
Intellect*Reason:
Senses*Charm:

Response Modifier:

The * are a stand in for a small star graphic
Characters will be made using the "Skilled" house rules from online, and I will include pilot PSA, and Esper/Psychic/Psionic PSA (as options)/
No Fed, instead we will have AEGIS: Alliance of Expeditionary Guard for Interstellar Security.
(replace Guard with Governments, or whatever you think would work better, accepting suggestions.) Commonly just called the Alliance. (Think "star" fleet.)

My kind friend Clash, did some starting art for me: A better Cyzorak. (It's a wonderful start!) Cyzorak.png

Might*Stamina: -10
Agility*Reflexes: +5
Intellect*Reason: +5
Senses*Charm:-

Taziri's homeworld has a lower gravity than Earth. However in order for such large creatures to fly even in lighter gravity, they have a lighter bone structure, with a tendency to bend significantly before breaking. Their unique skeletal system is a specialized 'honeycomb' like structure that re-enforces their bones without significant increase in their density.

They are marsupials, and omnivores, they can fly with their wings short distances in 1G but farther in lighter gravity. They can use their hands and feet as manipulators though in order to make flying possible and engage in combat they often use weapons fitted to their shoulders or back. They give birth to live young. Their fur is very fine (similar to short haired dogs like Beagles, Danes, etc.) The mother carries their young in a pouch except when it is feeding. Once it is capable of leaving the pouch, they are capable of flight. Due to their lack of eyes, they can sense electrical impulses in living things, have better than human sense of smell, and utilize sound similar to the bat's they resemble. (though they are genetically distinct from Earth life.) Most are albino's but a small minority are not.

Updated Bat critter I took the idea of "ape+bat/flying squirrel a step farther" I'm trying to stay true to the concept of the aliens while spinning them away from anyone else's IP this is done by Jacob Blackmon (I've got a colored version, I'lll share later when I can resize it.)Taziri.png

Phasmarite prototype (They see, smell, feel, and hear with their membraneous skin--the eyes are just tattoos to help the other 'face' species focus on them without being weirded out.)

Attachments

• Phasmarite.jpg
    Phasmarite.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 5
Zashuum, oxygen-breathing aliens from an advanced world. they used advanced gills on their head to take in hair. Their society is generally nomadic in nature because of their need for fairly regular movement to breath.
Alientriped.png

Starverge is the most Google-friendly. I'm split between it and Distant Frontiers Reaches.

Agree with others, much prefer the title of the thread as a name...

I appreciate the ideas.

Other elements:

AEGIS, is the primary alliance/military force, mostly a defensive one to deal with the threat of the Nepharites. (Would Nephari be better?) Since I don't want to use Federation (Aegis is also refered to as the Alliance)

Technologic Assumptions: Gravity control exists and was something that brought slugthrowers back because low-end grav manipulation can fling slugs very fast.

Space Travel uses this gravity control so ships can reach beyond FTL speeds (still trying to decide if this is a concrete idea though). These elements differ from the original inspiration game for reasons that involve my desire to simply advance technology a bit further than the inspiration since it was published 40-odd years ago. Also, I adore Mass Effect and am using it as a secondary inspiration.

The various alien races all originate in the same galaxy except Solarians (humans) who arrived about a hundred years back from another galaxy in superluminal sleeper ships. They brought the gravitic technology.

Just updating this because I am still working on it.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back