Old School Inspirational Art Thread

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

under_score

Legendary Member
Reaction score
I love images like this one:
arduin-combat-jpg.23558

That's a dungeon scene that could easily be mapped out on some simple graph paper. Standard doors, pit trap, bridge, stairs up and down. But there's action happening in every direction, it's so much more dynamic than people often think when imagining old school dungeon crawls.

CRKrueger

Eläytyminatör
Reaction score
I love images like this one:
arduin-combat-jpg.23558

That's a dungeon scene that could easily be mapped out on some simple graph paper. Standard doors, pit trap, bridge, stairs up and down. But there's action happening in every direction, it's so much more dynamic than people often think when imagining old school dungeon crawls.

I dunno, party separated, all hell breaking loose on every front...
2629E065-ABAD-4EBD-B35C-6E41FB5BB9E4.jpeg

ffilz

Legendary Member
Reaction score
So I have a question about inspirational art... How have you used art like this in a game? I was super attracted to Everway because of the art card aspect (and I have a huge art card collection as a result), but then that game didn't pan out, and these days I almost never utilize inspirational art, though the other night I did grab some cave entrance pictures to illustrate my Traveller game, having found a real place with caves like I wanted and then some pictures of the entrances.

Has anyone taken art like what has been presented and written up a scenario based on it and then shown the players the art?

Giganotosaurus

I'm a traveler of both time and space
Reaction score
It's the pants they're wearing, 'kay? For some reason it makes me think they're about to launch into a musical dance number.
Which just makes me question why insect men need to wear pants, do they have junk to hide? Does that make them mammals? I have so many questions.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com