Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Ebon 1 page micro-RPG. This is a modern-horror RPG by Greg Porter (BTRC) as a contest entry. It's one page because it will fit on one page (front and back.)

42%20God%20Thumb.png

high res pdf: http://www.trilemma.com/blog/adventures/42 God Unmoving.pdf

I love this thread, but some of the walkthroughs are "cheating" in that if I actually tried to print the image on a single sheet of paper there's no way I could read all of the tiny print. More of a one-poster adventure... :grin:

I love this thread, but some of the walkthroughs are "cheating" in that if I actually tried to print the image on a single sheet of paper there's no way I could read all of the tiny print. More of a one-poster adventure... :grin:
Whether it's cheating depends on whether you have an A3 printer at home.

A quick RPG I wrote up in about an hour. Never playtested but amazingly my players said they would if I ever actually wanted to they would be all over it. Technically one page... if you use both sides or I decide to do some creative editing.

Depravity Metropolis the RPG

Make note of your Character Type (or created your own with GM approval) and then split 6 points among any other skills or abilities of your choosing.

Character Types
Dirty Harlot
Bonus: Poor Life Choices. Add +1 to any check that makes things worse.
Career Skills:
+2 Backstabbing Your Friends
+2 Be Surprised When You Get Caught
Choose 2 traits: Pretty, Pretty Dumb, Pretty Vapid, Pretty Annoying

Ninja Harlot
Bonus: Slice and Dice. Add +1 to any skill when using something sharp.
Career Skills:
+2 Ninja Throwing Swastika
+2 Wave It About
Choose 2 traits: Skinny, Quiet, Skimpy Clothes, Tits

Rambo Harlot
Bonus: Spray and Pray. Add +1 when dealing with automatic weapons.
Career Skills:
+2 Crazy Eyes
+2 Shoot First, No Questions
Choose 2 traits: Crazy, Leather, Straps, Boobs

Old Cop
Bonus: Grizzled Veteran. Add +1 to any Police related skill check.
Career Skills:
+2 Whip It Out
+2 Hard Nose
Choose 2 traits: Noir, Trench Coat, Stubble, Old

Ugly Thug
Bonus: Tough Guy. Add +1 to any check that being a tough guy helps.
Career Skills:
+2 Nice Coat
+2 Usin’ My Mitts
Choose 2 traits: Big, Dumb, Gullible, Loyal

Private Dick
Bonus: Beeg Bada Boom. Add +1 to any check that involves blowing things up in any way.
Career Skills:
+2 Whoops, Shouldn’t Have Done That
+2 Dead Man Walking
Choose 2 traits: Quick Temper, Booze Hound, Billable Hours, Long Coat

Skill Checks:
Roll 2d6 and add any bonuses from relevant skills or abilities.
If the Check is 12 or better, you somehow succeeded without any obvious complications. How rare.
If the check is 7 or better, you made the check but you still failed somehow and made things worse.
If the Check is 6 or less, you Failed and things get worse.
If the check comes up Snake Eyes (a 2 on the dice) you Failed Big Time.

Failed Big Time: Roll 1d6
1-2. Someone hurt was important and now you’re in for it.
3. It was part of a conspiracy and now they are after you.
4. It’s a cover up and you exposed it.
5. You crashed hard and someone noticed that shouldn’t have noticed.
6. A weirdly colored mutant wants you dead now.

Who was it? Choose one or two traits: crazy, old, corrupt, ugly, scarred, mute; Choose their profession: priest, cannibal, politician, cop, harlot, mobster

Injuries
Roll 2d6 and add the damage rating of any hit. Add +1 for each additional hit in any encounter.
1-9: Flesh wound. A few plasters and smoke and you are right as rain.
10-11: Concussed. Roll only 1d6 for skill checks for the remainder of the encounter.
12: Knocked Out. Regain consciousness in 1d6 minutes or the end of the encounter.
13: Bleeding Out. Roll an Injury check each turn at an additional +1 each check until you die or someone manages to stop the bleeding.
14: Severed Something. Lose a limb or other appendage.
15+: Dead.

Weapons
Punch or Kick: +0, melee only
Knife: +3 Injury, melee only
Sword: +5 Injury, melee only
Pistol: +4 Injury, medium range
Revolver: +5 Injury, medium range
Shotgun: +6 Injury, short range
Submachine Gun: +4 Injury, short range, 2 attacks
Grenade: +6 Injury, short range, single shot

Somebody needs to come up with Escape from Geriatric Park. You are an elderly resident who’s cruel family put you in the nursing home. You are trying to escape. You cannot outrun the staff, you can only hope to outsmart them.

Somebody needs to come up with Escape from Geriatric Park. You are an elderly resident who’s cruel family put you in the nursing home. You are trying to escape. You cannot outrun the staff, you can only hope to outsmart them.

That would be cool in almost any system. With any existing system/world, you could have high skills but really low physical stats.
Maybe a paranoia style game - you just found out that retirement is a sham, you are going to be soylent green tomorrow.

This sounds like something I need to work on.

This sounds like something I need to work on.

It’s actually kind of amusing. My mom was an LPN for about fifteen years and towards the back end of her nursing career she did at-home care and worked at a home during third shift. She told me all kinds of stories. I have the utmost respect for folks who do that for a living. In my scenario, only the family is evil, not the staff.

Will it include rules for cane-fu, the martial art of the aged (according to an old Colbert routine)? Can your character be named Snake or Pliskin?

Will it include rules for cane-fu, the martial art of the aged (according to an old Colbert routine)? Can your character be named Snake or Pliskin?

There are advantages and drawbacks if you use canes, walkers or wheelchairs.

OK, here's a rules set I banged out while my students were in computer lab, based very much on Escape from Triassic Park above. This would be the rough draft.

Escape from Geriatric Park

An RPG where you play elderly residents of a shady nursing home. Your goal is to escape this den of infamy, but you are not fast enough to just run, nor strong enough to fight any of the orderlies, so you’ll have to be smart. Escape will allow you to think clearly, wander the mall of your choice, and eat Taco Bell for lunch instead of creamed corn.

Skills and Rolls

You have 2 skills – Sneaky and Gormless. Sneaky is for doing sneaky stuff like stealing key cards or swapping pills, while Gormless is for pretending to be old and feeble, for whatever nefarious purposes you might need to do so. Roll under your listed skill level to succeed at a task.

Time for Meds

Every time you fail a roll it’s time for Meds. Roll a d6, if you roll a 1-2 you manage to palm your meds. If you roll a 3-6 take your meds and subtract one from either sneaky or gormless. If either reaches 0 you’re out of the game.

The Good Stuff

There are all sorts of meds on the meds cart and at the Nurse’s station. If you can manage to swipe something do one of the following. First, the good stuff will remove one level of skill loss due to taking your meds. Two, you can use them to mess with the staff, roll a d6 to see what you manage to grab:

1-2: Laxative – someone is going to be spending some serious me time in the privy.

3-4: Soporific – a free 20 minute trip to sleepy town

4-6: Crazy Pills – this will get someone 10 minutes of intense hallucinations and paranoia

Patient Type and Skills

The Sitter S-2 G-4 – you’re pretty out to lunch, or at least people think so. Take -1 to G rolls that involve being harmlessly eccentric and in need of assistance.

Crazy Pants S-4 G-2 – you’re a talker, maybe to people who aren’t there, your choice, but you’re wacky. Take -1 to G rolls for acting crazy.

Newbie S-3 G-3 – the new kid who wants to get off the block. Take -1 to G rolls that involve not knowing what the process or schedule is.

The Spry One – S-3 G-3 – You’re pretty spry for an old guy. Take -1 to S rolls that involve having to do something quickly (that’s quickly for you, not quickly generally).

The Veteran – S4 G-2 – You’ve been around the block. Add +1 to all Meds rolls.

The Home – GM rolls 2 dice to determine the home’s attributes

1 – The Home is a pricey one and has rather a lot of key card locked doors

2 – Orderlies from Hell – some of the orderlies have sharp eyes, penalties at GM discretion

3 – High rise – there’s an elevator down to the lobby, plus a guard in the lobby

4 – Gated – there’s a tall fence and guardhouse between you and freedom

5 – Activities – you’re all collected for random macramé and Parcheesi sessions on a non-regular schedule (GM rolls every action, with a 1 meaning an activity)

6 – Maze – what home needs this many doors and corridors? Yikes.

Last edited:
Mmm. I enjoyed writing that enough that I'm going to give it another pass and post it as a resource. I changed out to legal size and narrow margins to cheat a little on the 'one page' bit. I'm going to replace that last d6 table with a series of d6 tables to roll up the home. I'm currently taking suggestions for types of table and/or table contents (or anything else). I have about half the page to fill but also need to cram in a small character sheet.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back