Online superhero RPG / Sentinels of the Southwest

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Once you're satisfied with your characters, let me know how they're acquainted and whatever and (if you haven't already) post the final version and I'll work up a scenario and we can choose what date works for everyone. I'm assuming it's still going to be a Monday night.

I will do a deeper reading of Professor Prometheus, as well as my own character, Battery, later today, and see what I come up with. Some lateral professional association, or perhaps acquaintance through some environmental cause or organization, perhaps? Or maybe a Fafhrd and Gray Mouser style chance meeting in the eye of action? There are possibilities.

Looking at your character's background, I'd say they share little scientific interest, so perhaps an affiliation through activism?

That's fine if that's what you want to do. Part of Green Arrow, Green Lantern was their conflict between the power to help and the desire to do so--GL obviously had a strong opinion of "more than Earth, matters" but GA had one that "start at home and work your way out." which was an interesting conflict.

I think my character is going to take a pretty hard line implying science over magic (in costume) but wave his hands and people who want to buy books on crazy stuff and shrug like "I've got this, but I don't sell fairy tales." He's pretty solid focusing on his interest in science. Even realizing he can't explain why he has powers.

I didn't mean to imply that yur character is anti-science, just that the two of us are different types of scientist.

No, I get that. I was just trying to find an angle for an interesting relationship for them in the game.

Dumarest Dumarest are you still up for this? You have any ideas on conflict/cooperation specifics we might use?
Yeah, I've just been reading the back and forth to see what you two decide and then I'll work up a situation to kick things off. I just prefer the characters are able to cooperate and I don't have to figure out ridiculous ways to draw them both into the same scenario.

Perhaps Battery (as Neal O'Neil) ordered some rare or very specific books from the Professor's shop, and the two men struck up a correspondence. Or perhaps they met through activism.

Maybe the book purchases led to a correspondence, which in turn revealed a shared environmental concern.

Converted Battery to Golden Heroes for a larf. Wasn't quite able to do it to a "t", but I didn't want to bend the rules of GH too much to make him exactly the same. Basically, I rolled for the number of power rolls he got (came up with 9), then used those to best approximate his character by selecting 9 powers/upgrades. Left off his fighting (boxing) ability. I suppose I could just add it, since this is just for shits and gigs. But I rolled his stats randomly, and they came out surprisingly equivalent to his DC Heroes stats (in a very broad sense, anyway, since the two games are quite different). Or close enough to where the character feels the same. Which I count as a success.

Edit: this little exercise really highlighted the difference in the power levels of these games. A starting DC Heroes character is as powerful as the most powerful heroes you can make in Golden Heroes.

Last edited:
Oh, I never thought to even try. I figured we'd just play different heroes if GH was used.

Oh, I never thought to even try. I figured we'd just play different heroes if GH was used.

Yeah I imagine we would. Its was just for fun, and because I like this character. I did reduce his power levels a bit (went down to grade 1 on Tough Skin, Energy Attack and Strength), just to keep him more in line with a starting GH character. Then I added Pugilism back in, for a total of 7 Power Rolls worth of Powers.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back