Operation: Whitebox

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Ronin

Gentleman of Leisure
Reaction score
So I've been looking at and thinking about Operation: Whitebox a lot lately. Any thoughts or experiences with it that you folks would like to share? I would like to learn more.

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Administrator
Reaction score
what's Operation Whitebox ?

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Administrator
Reaction score
Hm, I'd be interested to see how it handles firearms and modern weaponry using WB D&D rules

Endless Flight

SWO!
Administrator
Reaction score
S&W is just a little too bare bones for me. I love WWII stuff though.

Ronin

Gentleman of Leisure
Reaction score
Hm, I'd be interested to see how it handles firearms and modern weaponry using WB D&D rules
From what I've gleaned. Its pretty decent. More than just single shot, and burst rules. They have rules for suppressive fire and such. I need to consolidate my finaces at teh moment. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on this game. The only thing that scares me a bit is the normal white box every thing is a 6d (so to speak) damage. But I'm told it is still very deadly and gritty. Which appeals to me very much.

Ronin

Gentleman of Leisure
Reaction score
OK, I finally have, and have read through the game. Two words, love it! Its familiar because of the whitebox underpinnings. Yet stands well on its own. I was worried about damage and such. But its got that gritty, a knife or pistol is a life taking dangerous threat feel. Sometimes my inner WWII/gun/equipment guys starts to pipe up. But it keeps it simple, and I can respect and get behind that. I'm really enjoyin it. I cant wait to run a game.

RandallS

Reaction score
I think you've just convinced me to add this to my very short June purchase list.

Ronin

Gentleman of Leisure
Reaction score
I dont think you will regret it. I'm really digging it.

Cthulhu Mythos - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com