Ordered Hero 6 from Amazon

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Gabriel

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I was browsing Amazon last night and suddenly the Hero 6 hardcovers come up as In Stock at MSRP from Amazon itself. Buh????

I had wanted to pick these up for a while, but they were out of print and the aftermarket prices were a bit higher than I was willing to pay. I learned recently there were softcover POD versions on DriveThruRPG, but I could wait on those. But if Amazon was offering me the full color hardcovers...

So, any bets on what Amazon will send me?

Do you think they'll just cancel my order as not in stock?

Do you think I'll receive softcover b&w POD versions?

Or do you think I'll actually get the original full color hardcovers?

About twenty years ago, my girlfriend at the time was a huge Sailor Moon fanatic. I ordered the Sailor Moon RPG core rulebook from Amazon.com for her as a way to try to get her into tabletop RPGs. Instead, Amazon sent her some large tour guide book to California. I hope you have better luck! :grin:

I’ve noticed that the entire HERO 6E line is back at retail at Amazon. Let me know how it turns out; there are a couple of books I’m missing.

Well since HERO games themselves only list damaged hardcopies for sale, and there is no mention of a new print run on their site my guess is somebody at Amazon found a case of books in the warehouse or they acquired a stock of books that included a bunch of HERO stuff.

Or it is a computer glitch in their software showing inventory that they don't have. I have had that happen although it is rare.

I was browsing Amazon last night and suddenly the Hero 6 hardcovers come up as In Stock at MSRP from Amazon itself. Buh????

I had wanted to pick these up for a while, but they were out of print and the aftermarket prices were a bit higher than I was willing to pay. I learned recently there were softcover POD versions on DriveThruRPG, but I could wait on those. But if Amazon was offering me the full color hardcovers...

Now I'm tempted to try and get book one.

Hero 5th edition is in stock too?

Most of the stuff I'm seeing show up is stuff that was already print-on-demand ready over at DTRPG. Between that and the 'available in 1-2 days' I'm noticing, I wonder if Hero is quietly following SJG's lead in making things available through Amazon's POD service.

Most of the stuff I'm seeing show up is stuff that was already print-on-demand ready over at DTRPG. Between that and the 'available in 1-2 days' I'm noticing, I wonder if Hero is quietly following SJG's lead in making things available through Amazon's POD service.

When I ordered, everything was showing as "In Stock" with immediate shipping available. Well, it's Amazon, and we all know how that goes.

So far only the Combat and Adventuring book has shipped, with a projected delivery of Monday. The Character Creation book is still unshipped, but saying it will be delivered tomorrow regardless. Something tells me that I shouldn't hold my breath.

I'm kinda figuring it will be the softcover b&w POD versions, but I figured I'd roll the dice. Plus, it's the same price as DTRPG but with Amazon free shipping, so basically about $10 off.

I thought amazon could only do softcover pod?

You sure? It says “ships from and sold by amazon.” Usually if it’s a third party, they say it.

I see the same. There is a third party seller of Book Depository, but the main listing is sold by Amazon for a different price.

Last edited:
I see the same. There is a third party seller of Book Depository, but the main listing is sold by Amazon for a different price.
And now it changed for me the way you are describing, weird. It now show as $40 under prime shipping.

And, they arrived today.

They are...

::drumroll::

softcover b&w, probably POD versions.

You still got them cheaper then the PODs from DriveThruRPG.

You still got them cheaper then the PODs from DriveThruRPG.

Yes, but you can get the PDF+Print bundle for the same price as the print versions on DriveThru. It's a question of PDF vs. free shipping at that point.

I bet you get a pair of cheese socks.
618jDxm8KZL._UX522_.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back