(OSR) Jim Holloway Passed Today

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Those Endless Quest and Dragon covers are instantly recognizable to me. R.I.P.

I think I have the bottom dragon upstairs In a box. RIP. Didn the so some of the stuff from the Alice in wonderland modules?

I really like his work on GangBusters and Chill - he brilliantly captured the Hammer Studios aesthetic - and he illustrated one of my favorite special features in Dragon 59, a short story called "Skitterbugging" and a starport for Traveller. The look of my TU is very much in line with this cover.

I think I have the bottom dragon upstairs In a box. RIP. Didn the so some of the stuff from the Alice in wonderland modules?

Yes, I'm reasonably sure he did art in Dungeonland and The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror. He did a lot of TSR stuff in the 80s and into the 90s.

He also did stuff for the various Pacesetter Games RPGs (Chill and TimeMaster. I'm also guessing Star Ace even though I haven't seen that one).

Yes, I'm reasonably sure he did art in Dungeonland and The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror. He did a lot of TSR stuff in the 80s and into the 90s.

He also did stuff for the various Pacesetter Games RPGs (Chill and TimeMaster. I'm also guessing Star Ace even though I haven't seen that one).

He also did the cover and a piece or two of interior art for Cryptworld, the retro-clone/successor game to Chill.

Most fantasy artists drew scenes like players imagined their PCs to be, Jim Holloway drew like the PCs really were. :grin:

I still have my original copy of The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror and just looked it over and strangely enough there is no artist credits! But the interior art is clearly by Holloway.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back