Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
The "Rollers of R'lyeh" YouTube channel and podcast has just posted an interview with me about my zine "Other Magic #3: The Ancient World."

Rollers of R'lyeh podcast interview

Rollers of R'lyeh YouTube interview

In the interview we talk about the zine, ancient magic in general, and how to incorporate real world magic beliefs and practices into rpg games.

Okay so this Mork Borg adventure is only $4 CAD/$3 USD as a pdf. What do I have to lose (besides $4)?

The House of the Hollow, via @Kickstarter

The "Rollers of R'lyeh" YouTube channel and podcast has just posted an interview with me about my zine "Other Magic #3: The Ancient World."

Rollers of R'lyeh podcast interview

Rollers of R'lyeh YouTube interview

In the interview we talk about the zine, ancient magic in general, and how to incorporate real world magic beliefs and practices into rpg games.

Checked it out and this is cool. Backed!

Damn you all!

Other Magic #3: The Ancient World (zinequest), via @Kickstarter

Last edited:
This one is over in about 27 hours, but I'm in on it.

This just launched and has a different tone and idea than a lot of other OSR content, taking inspiration from more gentle fantasy sources like Breath of the Wild and The Hobbit.

Season of the Moth, via @Kickstarter

Another Mork Borg zine with some terrific art.

Glimpses of a Dying World - A zine for MÖRK BORG, via @Kickstarter

Last edited:
Dang I am loving the resurgence of zines, I feel like they are a perfect vehicle for the creative DIY aspect of our hobby.
I agree.

For an individual, it's probably a more realistic goal for self publishing. I'd rather see 32 pages of great ideas than the same amount of cool buried in a 200 page original game system. It says more about me than the creators but when I see a free game and then find out it's 400 pages, I rarely bother to even glance through it.

Critical question here: How do you pronounce Zine? Is it a long i like it's spelled or a long long e as in magazine?

So the preview pdf for Swordpoint was sent to backers. I only skimmed it, but it looks good. It has something called Style Points, which reminds me of Drama Points from Cinematic Unisystem. It's a pretty good adaption of that type of mechanic for D100 style games without overshadowing the basic rules (and easily ignored if it doesn't appeal to you). Need to give it a more in depth read through on my days off

I just backed Other Magic for the pdfs. I think I had backed #2 before in pdf. I'm also backing Tezca Sentai, External Containment Bureau and Kill Today, Die Tomorrow. Next week I'll be backing at least 2 more. My wallet hates me

So many zines...

This one looks good though, already written and designed but with some improvements and expansions, it looks to be a fun, weird factions sandbox with hobbits stoned from funky honey.

There is a NPC worksheet and factions tracker that look useful at the table.

Halflings and the Hive, via @Kickstarter

J. Walton did some cool DW supplements way back when, adapting DW for Planescape so I trust him to complete this experimental game zine.

The Barrier & the Sound, via @Kickstarter

Last edited:
Thankfully, they used Hack the RPG instead of ICONS, so I can resist that one.

I only backed it because I know Mike as he's a fellow Supers! 3rd party publisher. He gave me a print copy of the first Improbable Tales compilation for having been a patreon backer at one point, so I try and back some of his projects when I can

Besides Agents of BAMF, I'm in on this one in print:

And this one I went pdf only

Found this one. As I like new takes on Cosmic Horror, I gave in to temptation. Since I got all my bills paid first, I could spare the 12 bucks for a print copy

Found this one. As I like new takes on Cosmic Horror, I gave in to temptation. Since I got all my bills paid first, I could spare the 12 bucks for a print copy

That is a pretty wild premise. If I had not already backed a mountain of zines I'd give it a shot.

Interesting stats on ZineQuest -

A zine I backed last Zinequest, Eat Trash Be Free a BitD hack of racoons has just been released publicaly.

Season of the Moth is the first Zinequest zine I backed to deliver their pdf copy.

It is pretty cool, an imaginative and weird mini-setting with lots of table-ready tables, a map and well laid out for quick reference plus very good art.

Last edited:
The only one I've gotten final pdf on so far is Swordpoint, but we got a preview for Beta Red.

I've received a couple - In addition to Swordpoint and the preview for Beta Red, I've received Vast in the Dark, Gordinaak, Rascals, Agents of BAMF, Orbital (though that wasn't ZineQuest- just a Zine), Thawing Kingdom, and Isometric Blanks. A few others are close by all accounts. The one I'm most surprised about is Isometric Blanks- I've received the physical copy of the zine already!

urbwar urbwar - what do you think about the creator for Beta Red not springing for editors, but asking the backers to edit (then being perturbed when he didn't receive any edits?)

I've received a couple - In addition to Swordpoint and the preview for Beta Red, I've received Vast in the Dark, Gordinaak, Rascals, Agents of BAMF, Orbital (though that wasn't ZineQuest- just a Zine), Thawing Kingdom, and Isometric Blanks. A few others are close by all accounts. The one I'm most surprised about is Isometric Blanks- I've received the physical copy of the zine already!

urbwar urbwar - what do you think about the creator for Beta Red not springing for editors, but asking the backers to edit (then being perturbed when he didn't receive any edits?)

Damn, forgot about Agents of BAMF! I got that too.

I kind of glossed over the last update tbh. But truth be told, getting upset when you don't get feedback is a turnoff for me. Something similar happened with a KS that ORtrail ORtrail and I both backed called Space Kids. The creator had released a playset/demo, and then when he got little feedback on it, he reacted in a similar way. For me, I don't truly dive in until the product is finished. I just have too much going on to try and look for things that need fixing. One of the people Ortrail and I game with online has had a lot more health issues lately (she can't do much face to face gaming as is due to some she's had most of her life), so I've been kind of holding off for when she's better to give some games a run through. But yeah, I didn't back something to then help edit it.

Unlike some of you crazt fuckers I only backed one zine, by Charles Ferguson-Avery, who's a great designer and one of my favorite fantasy artists. It should deliver within the next couple of days, so I'm very excited. He's the guy who wrote Into the Wyrd and Wild, which I've spilt some serious ink about here on the pub.

Unlike some of you crazt fuckers I only backed one zine, by Charles Ferguson-Avery, who's a great designer and one of my favorite fantasy artists. It should deliver within the next couple of days, so I'm very excited. He's the guy who wrote Into the Wyrd and Wild, which I've spilt some serious ink about here on the pub.

He did the art for Season of the Moth above, did he do another?

Just got Tomb of Immolation on pdf today, digging in tonight!

Tomb of Immolation, via @Kickstarter

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back