Other games on DTRPG

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

CRKrueger

Eläytyminatör
Reaction score
So, forget the current tempest for a minute.

Rolemaster Core Law has been #1 for a while and is Platinum already. Anyone have it? Any impressions?

Cyberpunk Red is back at #2. Anyone know why the resurgence? Oh yeah, probably the Netflix anime, right? How’s life in The Red?

Atlas of the Latter Earth is chugging along. Is Latter Earth supposed to be the future of Stars Without Number?

Blade Runner’s still up there. Anyone using it want to share?

Hey, a new version of Reign. I know we have some ORE fans here, AsenRG AsenRG among them, so how does this stack up?

I wish there was a system neutral version of ORE. I like the mechanic but none of the settings seem to click with me.

I prefer Cyberpunk 2020 to Red, I think Red simplified combat too much and I just like the lore in 2020 better. The net running rules are better in Red but we never have PC net runners, they are always NPCs that get hired, so it isn’t a big deal. And when I say better a net runner’s turn in Red still takes longer.

I did play Red when it came out but we are back to 2020 now.

As for RMU we are making characters to give it a go being old RM fans. I’m embracing the furry in me and am going to play a Vulfen Ranger (basically a rip off of Palladium’s Wolfen)

I don't have the new version of Reign, just the Enchiridion, which is fantasy but pretty much setting-free. There's also a version of Wild Talents that's packaged similarly. The second edition didn't seem to offer much I was interested in, but I should probably go back and revise my opinion now it's out.

I also need to pick up Worlds Without Number, though afaik my group's dead on Cyberpunk as a genre. Won't go into details, but it's basically too on the nose for us these days.

Cyberpunk Red is back at #2. Anyone know why the resurgence? Oh yeah, probably the Netflix anime, right? How’s life in The Red?
Very likely this is the case. Also the video game has seen an upsurge in people playing and purchasing.

I think also it's on sale on DriveThruRPG. It is on sale, at $22.50 on DTRPG.

It was also in the top 25 RPGs played on Roll20 in 2021 (no news about the 2022 report yet).

There's a lot of recent interest.

No idea about the Reign version, CRKrueger CRKrueger - I'm a fan, but haven't seen a new ORE version in years. And Drivethru is down, so I can't even check.

Drivethru does not appear to be working for me at the moment (Edit: now its working!)

Atlas of the Latter Earth is chugging along. Is Latter Earth supposed to be the future of Stars Without Number?
It's a potential Earth, in the far, far, far future. In the space between the SWN and WWN eras, Earth has been colonised multiple times by alien species, and the Highshine system from Other Dust has since had it's origins forgotten and been transformed into the Legacy, the source of the setting's magic; some people know how to control it for spell-type effects, and there are areas of the Earth which have been partially terraformed by aliens but the Legacy has prevented the corruption from going too far outside of particular areas. You play adventurers and folk just generally trying to live on what's left of the world.

As ever, there's a free edition which has all of the core content.

As for RMU we are making characters to give it a go being old RM fans. I’m embracing the furry in me and am going to play a Vulfen Ranger (basically a rip off of Palladium’s Wolfen)
Palladium Fantasy always had cool races. I’ve thought about dusting that world off using PF1. If I’m going to do a High Fantasy game again, PF and Talislanta call to me.

I saw a recent High Shelf Collective posting on a Cyberpunk Red AP. That could have given it a small bump.

CRKrueger CRKrueger Reign 2e is a tidy up and reorganisation of 1e for the most part, additional settings will come out with the Realities supplement (insert piss myself laughing emoji).

I’m a big fan of Reign, minus the rage caused by piss poor management of the KS. and the main two books are well worthwhile if you don’t have 1e and to be fair probably if you do.

Wow. Haven't thought about Reign in a long time.

I used to have a copy of Enchiridion, because I had a friend that was all over the ORE system and used it for a number of campaigns. It wasn't bad, but I found the dice system to be so fiddly and tiresome to play. With that said, it'd be interesting to see how it is now compared to when we played it back in 2008.

Wow. Haven't thought about Reign in a long time.

I used to have a copy of Enchiridion, because I had a friend that was all over the ORE system and used it for a number of campaigns. It wasn't bad, but I found the dice system to be so fiddly and tiresome to play. With that said, it'd be interesting to see how it is now compared to when we played it back in 2008.
I like the dice system, but the game came out around the time I began doing most my gaming online. It works great in person with people putting their sets in front of them on the table, and spending sets for actions or to block others actions. Maybe things have changed, but I never found a practical way to do that online.

No time like a crisis to make money.

EDIT: Though heck, a deal on Worlds without Number? Nice.
Worlds Without Number, AFF2e, Mythras, Against the Darkmaster - that's a nice bundle!

(Against the Darkmaster has its own open license modeled on the Mork Borg license rather than the d20/SRD one, so Wizards' shenanigans won't affect anything made under it if you're looking for a system with potential third party support.)

So, forget the current tempest for a minute.

Rolemaster Core Law has been #1 for a while and is Platinum already. Anyone have it? Any impressions?

Blade Runner’s still up there. Anyone using it want to share?

Hey, a new version of Reign. I know we have some ORE fans here, AsenRG AsenRG among them, so how does this stack up?
This reminds me, I should buy Rolemaster Core Law.

Last edited:
it is an expanded setting book for Worlds Without Number

It's exactly the same game, but with better organisation. The one to get for new material is Reign Realms which isn't out to non KS backers yet (and KS backers only have a draft version).

It's exactly the same game, but with better organisation. The one to get for new material is Reign Realms which isn't out to non KS backers yet (and KS backers only have a draft version).
Is this not the Realms book? I've been planning to pick it up for the "fantasy races" material.

Is this not the Realms book? I've been planning to pick it up for the "fantasy races" material.
So it is. Which raises the question of why I don't have a Drivethru copy! I'd better email Atomic Overmind.

That's good to hear. I have the PDFs, but I haven't gotten around to reading them. The game didn't really need anymore than done to it then incorporating the expansion material into the core.

Since I'm here, has anyone figured a handy technique for running ORE online, or is their even a VTT plug-in that handles it well?

Ah, wait, my mistake. It's Reign Realities we're still waiting on. The Ardwin stuff is well worth the price of entry, one of my favourite elves and orcs type settings.

That's good to hear. I have the PDFs, but I haven't gotten around to reading them. The game didn't really need anymore than done to it then incorporating the expansion material into the core.

Since I'm here, has anyone figured a handy technique for running ORE online, or is their even a VTT plug-in that handles it well?
i know there’s a module for reign on foundry. i think you need to use a sandbox system and offsite character sheets though.

i know there’s a module for reign on foundry. i think you need to use a sandbox system and offsite character sheets though.
I have Foundry, so that's good to know. Offsite character sheets would be fine. I'm really just looking for something that handles the dice.

I wish there was a system neutral version of ORE. I like the mechanic but none of the settings seem to click with me.
See, I feel the opposite. I don't like the system but really enjoy the Godlike setting.

I bought a "new to me" game the other day. Not because of anything other than interest in Old west stuff flaring up. Tiny Gunslingers. It's my first experience with the tiny d6 system. I like what I've read. I think I would prefer more variable damage. But I've seen elsewhere optional rules to do that. So I've started pondering that.

There are hints that it is the extremely far distant future of SWN, or a spun-off many, many times splinter universe of such. It's mentioned that the 'dust' of the Terran Mandate is merely the incredibly primitive beginnings of a/the Legacy that's seen in WWN. The truth of it is, as is generally the case in Crawford's works, left to the GM, assuming it ever even comes up.

There are hints that it is the extremely far distant future of SWN, or a spun-off many, many times splinter universe of such. It's mentioned that the 'dust' of the Terran Mandate is merely the incredibly primitive beginnings of a/the Legacy that's seen in WWN. The truth of it is, as is generally the case in Crawford's works, left to the GM, assuming it ever even comes up.
Yes, it reminds me of the subtle connections between Jack Vance's Gaean Reach science-fiction novels and his Dying Earth Novels.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back