Paladin: Warriors of Charlemagne

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
It looks lovely indeed. The thing is, the whole Charlemagne theme doesn't appeal to me at all. Just personal preference.

I actually like Charlemagne better than Arthur! The thing is, Pendragon is a bit like Ars Magica in that it requires a commitment from the players that I am unlikely to get from my current group (or any group I've ever been a part of, really).

I actually like Charlemagne better than Arthur! The thing is, Pendragon is a bit like Ars Magica in that it requires a commitment from the players that I am unlikely to get from my current group (or any group I've ever been a part of, really).

You and I must have the same group. The notion of a flaw in a character is alien to half of my players.

You and I must have the same group. The notion of a flaw in a character is alien to half of my players.

I was thinking more of scheduling drama. Character flaws we can roll with, we were all raised on GURPS. ;)

I'd love to get this but I'm not a big fan of the 'we'll tell you how much it costs after its too late to back out' model of fulfillment. I'll keep an eye out in the FLGS, though.

I'd love to get this but I'm not a big fan of the 'we'll tell you how much it costs after its too late to back out' model of fulfillment. I'll keep an eye out in the FLGS, though.
Huh? Its $15 all digital or $60 for hardback core(s) + all digital.

Yeah - $60 for this hardback would be like $77 CAD, which is on the steep side but I'd pay it. However, a careless shipper can more than double that price in shipping to Canada if they use a courier instead of USPS, and I'm not paying $160 for an RPG that may never even see use.

Yeah - $60 for this hardback would be like $77 CAD, which is on the steep side but I'd pay it. However, a careless shipper can more than double that price in shipping to Canada if they use a courier instead of USPS, and I'm not paying $160 for an RPG that may never even see use.
Yeah I have a firm rule about purchases and postage.

Most of my buys now are PDF so luckily I don't tend to have to worry.

I shifted to PDF mostly because of crazy climbing shipping fees.
I've rarely been stung by them but when I bought the Burning Wheel Codex I paid as much for shipping as the book...rare exception to my rule.

I'm mostly PDF these days due to space issues.

I have lots of PDF games that I've purchased but never read, and the sad truth is I'm probably not going to because I don't enjoy reading in that format, so getting the PDF would be like throwing money away.

The only seller that seems to be able to get print books to me from the UK or US affordably is Amazon. This is even true for the third party used stuff sent by independent sellers through Amazon. Why others don't use Amazon for distribution I don't know.

I don't particularly find King Arthur appealing either.

Very interested in this. I like seeing the Pendragon system and theme get more use.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back